Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'd be tempted to bring in my thief, as it is my highest damage character by far, but it is the squishiest and one misstep from me and I'm down.
    My husband plays Thief and Mesmer melee only. Occasionally I play my Mesmer as melee only too. It's not a problem if you are spatially aware.

I think the Mesmer brings some nice utility for trash skipping. But I wouldn't worry about being a squishy class as it seems offense is the best defense in GW2. Burst everything down asap.

Yeah I mainly play thief and elementalist. I brought my elementalist due having a lot more defensive abilities, that may have been an issue as it seemed the group as a whole had low damage. I enjoy my thief more and am comfortable with it but I do like the elementalist's versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah I mainly play thief and elementalist. I brought my elementalist due having a lot more defensive abilities, that may have been an issue as it seemed the group as a whole had low damage. I enjoy my thief more and am comfortable with it but I do like the elementalist's versatility.
    Go LH and just wreck stuff, it's hilarious
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

How are these skins selling for 140g

da fu

Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    It might come off as a huge surprise to some of the fellow posters here, but I actually had ... lots of fun doing the new dungeon yesterday
    I did too Though I am aware that a fair amount of my enjoyment does come from the people I play with and not the content itself. I still liked most of the dungeon though, and actually liked the "puzzle" part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I did too Though I am aware that a fair amount of my enjoyment does come from the people I play with and not the content itself. I still liked most of the dungeon though, and actually liked the "puzzle" part.
    I'm a grenade engineer, what puzzle are you talking about, i blast everything and laugh maniacly as stuff goes down, bleeding ticks for 140 dmg <3~

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I'm a grenade engineer, what puzzle are you talking about, i blast everything and laugh maniacly as stuff goes down, bleeding ticks for 140 dmg <3~
    Oh the fire area where you lead the oozes. People refer to it as a puzzle (even Arenanet did on the livestream), but it's not really much of a puzzle because there isn't much to figure out. I did like the set-up of that area though.

If its one set path its not a puzzle :l

the only puzzle I can recall is the electric floor room where you have to stand on the raised platforms and then have a hologram charge up the door

I actually enjoyed that, wish they would have more cooperative events like that.

I've ran this thing 10 times and no blue weapon drop

GAH

I have over 600 tokens now

Did the dungeon earlier for the first time. Gotta say it wasn't bad, the group I was in though had quite a bit of trouble with the ooze fire path thing and the final boss, some people actually left on the last boss but the people that replaced them were far more competent and we downed the boss easily after that. I think I will definitely run this dungeon again, might even try to get enough tokens for the heavy armor set for my Sylvari warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got guildies that run the dungeon 6 times a day just to help other guildies learning and doing it for their first time, still no skin drop and we need to get some of the last part optional events achievements :C

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If its one set path its not a puzzle :l
    That was my entire point.

Deleted
    A guildie got a skin drop after the first run. Pretty lucky I think. Not that he wanted it :/ (I don't care for the skins either, to be honest)

Deleted
    they should make a giant maze outdoors that's truly giant and there's a treasure at the end... but the path changes everyday!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I managed to beat the last boss on my awful learning 3hr run but on my second attempt we couldnt kill the boss at all and we got to him in 30ish mins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I can't take the amount of stupid in this game anymore.

These are brain dead mechanics. I join an "experienced" group and all of them except me die on the dogs, the very first trash.

Not to mention the mechanics in this game are fucking brain dead boring. I .... can't do this anymore I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I can't take the amount of stupid in this game anymore.

These are brain dead mechanics. I join an "experienced" group and all of them except me die on the dogs, the very first trash.

Not to mention the mechanics in this game are fucking brain dead boring. I .... can't do this anymore I quit.
    I think you're the only player I know who has a problem with the new dungeon. Almost everyone I know loves it a lot. I hope you find the game you are looking for, it's just not fun to read about negativity again and again and those people surprisingly still continue playing the game. If it's so bad, why not play something different? After months of complaining you finally get that GW2 isn't the game for you.

Now I'm curious if your complaining still continues, even after you've stopped playing the game. "brain dead mechanics" and other phrases isn't constructive feedback in any way.

Deleted
    Any tips how to do this?
    Grounded 10
    Don't get hit by the electric floors in the security room.
    There's nothing cute about electrocution.
    Room Completed without Being Hit 10

I have now done Aetherpath twice with guild. I am missing that and some chest openings.

So far I like new path, first attempt was a bit messy since we didn't know what was going on. I think that for us ooze&pools took a bit longer to figure out than it should have. After all NPC is saying that ooze eats his pools.

Edit: Just note that Spectral Grasp works well with Clockheart. You can pull Aetherblade holograms to Clockheart (ofc you need to have line of sight to be able to pull).
    Spectral Grasp
    Pull
    your foe to you, chill them, and gain life force.
    Chilled: 4 s
    Life force: 15%
    Range: 1,200

Also Sylvari can use racial healing in Sparki and Slick to help non-ooze running members endure pool DoTs.
    Healing Seed
    Create a Healing Seed at targeted location which periodically gives nearby allies Regeneration
    Regeneration: 3 s (390 health)
    Healing: 6,520 (1.0)?
    Duration: 30 s
    Range: 240
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2013-10-04 at 07:39 AM.

BTW a fix for the broken holo machines making you teleport and the shield stacks not resetting after you wipe is likely coming in the next non-emergency update