Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bad Luck Stories

I was gearing my DK. I had 440 iLvl, bought some items from AH and hitted 450 ilvl. I ran through LFR, I was getting some good items. Here's my dk: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Nattfrost/

I completed all the LFR except for SoO. But first I was at troll council in ToT. I had 435 ilvl Warmace of Taran Zhu. No weapon dropped for me! Nvm. I was at Lei Shen, I had ALL the good items, except 435 ilvl mace, which was red (destroyed) at the encounter. Guess what - weapon didn't drop. Anyway, I hitted higher iLvl.
    Today I hitted 495 ilvl... I needed 1 more! So I grinded on my main for Spear of Xuen (archaeology), sent it to my DK. I also had to grind dungeons for JP items so I could be 496.
    Ok, so I queued at LFR. They were at the Sha of Pride...we killed him and guess what... boots dropped! I had good boots! And with Lei Shen - I had 435 destroyed weapon, and pants dropped! I had good pants at that time, 502. Jesus.

Share your bad luck stories here...

PS I am not enchanted and gemmed yet, wanted to get the weapon first but...

Deleted
    i roll 97 and the guy 98 on invicible (lich king mount) in 25icc heroic T-T

10+ Year Old Account
    Had 11/12 runestones this week, with 9 bosses left to kill for a chance to drop one. None of them dropped any.

Also used just under 200 keys on Timeless Isle and only got 1 burden, 140 of those keys before the nerf to the rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    I dont see the bad luck op? You killed 4-5 bosses and no weapon dropped. Thats not bad luck.
    I killed all the bosses from all LFR raids, everything dropped, I upgraded everything - except the weapon. All the bosses that could drop me a weapon, dropped an item which was nearly not an upgrade. So it is bad luck.
    Anyway I hitted from 440 to 498 ilvl in 2 days

10+ Year Old Account
    So there we were, Day One of the Firelands and the guild leadership had to decide which of the four casters we had would get the honor of getting the server first legendary (as we were the last twenty five player guild on the server, our success was inevitable). They decided the best method would be to roll for it, with the order the casters go the legendary based upon how high we rolled.

We were all on ventrilo and it was a little tense as we all began to roll. The shadow priest and the second mage rolled in the 30s and 40s, the exact numbers escape me. My Warlock buddy rolled and got 91. I sighed and congratulated him, but I rolled to finish.

Technically a good luck story for me but look at it from his point of view 8). But we laughed about it and moved on. I would have been glad had he won it, and he was glad I got the first shot.

Sounds like a good luck story to me. Undergeared clueless DK gets carried through lfr with a broken weapon and no gems and enchants and climbs 57 ilevels in 2 days.

Heres my bad luck story. I won the lottery but it was only 5 million bucks instead of the mega millions. Woe is me. Other people have all the luck I tell you.

With expectations like these from the playerbase, it's glaringly obvious why Blizzard and I don't see eye to eye on design direction anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of luck I find the differences in my two mains (pictured below) rather strange. She typically has the kind of luck I have irl - little to none. It often takes her a great deal more effort, assuming the item I'm after even has any desire to turn up. Him though? Lucky bastard... He often has it easier for some reason. Not that he never has to work at it and he doesn't succeed every time, but he frequently has an easier time of it to the point that it's strange in comparison.

I swear npc Marcia Chase had a thing for him.. or hates my human (the catty wench!). My Belf had all the good daily quest prizes, even the pet twice, before my human even had one good reward.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-09-21 at 06:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just repair your weapon? Just make it a habit to hit that repair all button every time you use a vendor and you will never have broken gear again.

Well, if the OP is going to give a minor bad luck story then I'll specifically give a minor one myself.

Last Sunday, I went into a flex raid and used two coins on Imm and Protectors. Nothing. Four bags of gold and two coin golds by the end. That tuesday rolls around and I join LFR as healer (dps loot spec), run Imm and use a coin. No weapon. Drop and run it again. No weapon. Drop and run it again. No weapon. Drop and run it again later because I was too frustrated to finish and the protectors didn't drop a weapon either.

Nine chances at a weapon and nothing. Still have my 502 weapons.

Well I've posted this before and apparently it was so ridiculous people called me a liar and got all ragey, but I'll say it again. In the first 14 weeks of LFR of this xpac doing it across multiple toons every week (always my Shaman, generally my DK and priest, sometimes my Druid and Hunter) I only had 3 pieces of loot drop for me total. It was something like 800 LFR bosses killed for 3 pieces of loot.

Also it took me 7 years of farming to get an Eye to drop from Rag :<

10+ Year Old Account
    From Vanilla:

If you played back then, you know how rare Epic items were (and most people were not in a hardcore raiding guild that could do Molten Core).

I had nothing but greens and blues and while out questing, 'Glowing Brightwood Staff' dropped.

The second I went to loot it, I shit you not; the server crashed.

When the server came up, of course the mob was gone. When I sent in a ticket, they apparently had no way of validating that it dropped since I didn't loot it.

Talk about wanting to pick yourself up and throw yourself off the roof...

And since then... I have not had a SINGLE world epic drop for me. That was my one that got away. How shitty is that?

I'm an expert player but I never, ever, ever, get the gear I really need from raids; I just can't tell you how many hundreds of times I've ran end game raids on 25m Heroic to get end-game gear, but when I roll, it always goes to someone else. So in the end, I'm two-three raids behinds current content.

I've also been running naxrammas for the Armageddon sword, three times a week for two years. Still have yet to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Also it took me 7 years of farming to get an Eye to drop from Rag :<
    I've ran that raid hundreds of times and I've NEVER been in a group that had that drop. Luckily I'm a caster but I can imagine!

Deleted
    so you didn't get a weapon, big deal...

I had 16 LFR dark animus kills and 1 normal kill, coined them all, and I only got my tier chest from the very last coin on the very last kill. I won the helmet like 5 times.

over 1100 kill of first boss in karazhan, no mount yet.

... i think i win or lose?
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post

give a more accurate number first as it can't even be more then 500

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post

I honestly doubt this. You've defeated that first boss on more than 5 characters a week since WotLK? If it's true then I do feel sorry for you.

I found the camel statue in Uldum and it ported me to the place with the Camel Hoarder. I use nitro boots and it catapults me into the air and I die because of falling damage. Mount was lost for now.

Deleted
    Let's see. I was in urgent need for trinket, had been wearing the LFR version of Lei Shen's Final Orders (476) for like 10 months. I desperately was aiming for Primordius' Talisman of Rage or Gaze of the Twins, as they would have easily been the best choices for me. In the end I had 16 Primordius kills and 11 Twin Consorts kills, even used a coin each time to no avail. To this day I am yet to see either of the trinkets drop, and since 5.4 finally came out I can no longer even be arsed.
    Last edited by mmocf51f9d58e4; 2013-09-22 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing in a MSV HC achievement run when a heroic Starshatted dropped. I rolled 100 but so did some random DK. Despite that I won. I wanted it very bad for my transmog (I had a red themed mog during that time) but he was using some shit weapon and insisted that it was an upgrade for him. The rest of the group then pressured me to give it to him, even though it was crap compared to ToT LFR weapons that are much easier to get (not that Elegon HC is hard, but more like there are very few runs for it). It was the only Starshatter color that was still missing from my collection.