10+ Year Old Account

DoC without meta proc. (boomkin)

I dislike casting healing touch during a meta gem proc. I been doing it this way just because that's what the top rank players say I should do. However, would it be a bad thing to just use it with NG? I like using every second I have of my meta gem proc to cast super fast wraths or fast starfires depending on where in the eclipse bar im at. Will I be taking the loss in DPS or will numbers work out the same either way?

PS
    I hate the DoC mechanic as a whole but I know that is where the better numbers are. If blizzard made a mechanic where I had to jump twice and do a circle for more DPS I would do it.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Think of HT less as a heal and more as a "Im getting super buffed" thing. Using it during the meta is baws, especially if your wraths are under GCD.. they don't even get the full benefit, so you'd get more out of the meta by using it in conjunction with a HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I dislike casting healing touch during a meta gem proc. I been doing it this way just because that's what the top rank players say I should do. However, would it be a bad thing to just use it with NG? I like using every second I have of my meta gem proc to cast super fast wraths or fast starfires depending on where in the eclipse bar im at. Will I be taking the loss in DPS or will numbers work out the same either way?

PS
    I hate the DoC mechanic as a whole but I know that is where the better numbers are. If blizzard made a mechanic where I had to jump twice and do a circle for more DPS I would do it.
    I do that already but I'm Resto so it doesn't really matter.

Ideally, you'd do it without any Int-proc trinkets active, but with NG+Meta up. Bringing the cast time as close to 1.00sec is the goal, but it's simply because we want to get back to hardcasting nukes asap.