Thread: Fury VS Arms

Fury VS Arms

I am geared as Fury and flip over to arms spec for AOE trash and fights but I am wondering is there any concrete numbers I can go by to see if I should just go full Arms spec and forget about gearing for Fury at all? The reason I am asking is this is making it difficult for me taking loot with our EPGP loot system. I cannot gear 2 full specs of gear so I am running arms sub-optimal as it is my Fury set just taking my off-hand weapon out. I am sure if I am fully arms geared/reforged/gemmed I would do pretty good damage as single target too but I don't have the gold to try it or the full arms gear set.

Quote Originally Posted by maisyz View Post
    I am geared as Fury and flip over to arms spec for AOE trash and fights but I am wondering is there any concrete numbers I can go by to see if I should just go full Arms spec and forget about gearing for Fury at all? The reason I am asking is this is making it difficult for me taking loot with our EPGP loot system. I cannot gear 2 full specs of gear so I am running arms sub-optimal as it is my Fury set just taking my off-hand weapon out. I am sure if I am fully arms geared/reforged/gemmed I would do pretty good damage as single target too but I don't have the gold to try it or the full arms gear set.
    Okey. If you are struggling on a specific AoE heavy boss, you should indeed just go Arms optimal for that spec. But otherwise for overall real progression go optimal Fury TG. Otherwise the difference simply won't worth it.

A hint tho.

I have yet to do Nuroshen as Fury, but as Arms I'm putting out insane numbers, beating all the casters. (And no I'm not going by what recount shows, what we do is compare individual recounts.) I'm beating people by 4-5 million dps, and I am undergeared. Probably a lot of people figured this out already, but switching to Berserker stance half way into the fight, utterly floods you with rage. You can maintain SS+Slam spam full time, plus use Heroic Strike A LOT. Pretty nuts. I don't know if Fury would be able to compete on that either. So overall the first 5 bosses greatly favor Arms by my experience.

I'm basically "fury forged" aka full crit/mastery reforges while still playing Arms primarly atm. I've also simmed with haste but the simulated dps increase is less than like 500 dps or so. My Str shows something like ~4.55, crit ~3.24, haste ~2.88 and mastery about ~2.60, when I'm full crit/mastery. So reforging for dps increases isn't worth it if you're thinking haste will help you.

I've tried playing as fury too, but I just pull more and stable as Arms even on single target. While I'm missing the weapon drop yet, much to my suprise with the new trinkets my Fury and Arms single target sims are being like 3k dps apart - So in real world scenario I'm actually pulling always more as Arms due to RNG of Fury and the challenge of it during a raid encounter.

It might (and probably will) change with good dual 2 handers laters, but if you get 1 weapon drop or not one at all, Arms seems to get more benefit of the new trinkets and tier bonuses in my own experience so far.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2013-09-21 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    I'm basically "fury forged" aka full crit/mastery reforges while still playing Arms primarly atm. I've also simmed with haste but the simulated dps increase is less than like 500 dps or so. My Str shows something like ~4.55, crit ~3.24, haste ~2.88 and mastery about ~2.60, when I'm full crit/mastery. So reforging for dps increases isn't worth it if you're thinking haste will help you.

I've tried playing as fury too, but I just pull more and stable as Arms even on single target. While I'm missing the weapon drop yet, much to my suprise with the new trinkets my Fury and Arms single target sims are being like 3k dps apart - So in real world scenario I'm actually pulling always more as Arms due to RNG of Fury and the challenge of it during a raid encounter.

It might (and probably will) change with good dual 2 handers laters, but if you get 1 weapon drop or not one at all, Arms seems to get more benefit of the new trinkets and tier bonuses in my own experience so far.
    Well according to my personal experience unless if Fury sims atleast 5% ahead of your Arms sims, Arms will outperform Fury, due to being less bad RNG prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Well according to my personal experience unless if Fury sims atleast 5% ahead of your Arms sims, Arms will outperform Fury, due to being less bad RNG prone.
    I don't think Fury is that RNG after you reach the crit soft cap(100% crit rate on BT).

Arms can still suffer from RNG, with CS resets. Sometimes on pull I can get 3 CS back-to-back while sometimes I get no CS resets ...