Malkorok Healing

As holy, would it be better to stay in serenity chakra and just use single target healing or sanctuary and just PoH like crazy?

Normal mode 25man.

It's actually way easy to abuse the lack of DR on Halo for this fight. I suggest you take Halo in 25.

What you'll do it run into the center/close to the center and cast Halo, which will be at near max range for nearly everyone. It builds the shields up by an insane about and hits pretty much everyone.

I'd personally stay in Sanctuary-- more efficient for 25m.

Instead of making a new thread about this specific fight, I'm curious how other priests are handling healing this in 10 man? Are you switching to a holy spec or staying as disc? I'm not entirely comfortable healing in holy spec and much prefer to remain disc.....

We had very few attempts (raid time came to an end) on this boss and from the few pulls we made, I felt as if I was making absolutely no difference at all. We made it to the second phase on a couple of pulls, but honestly, my healing just felt too weak. Maybe it was me having a bad night, maybe disc just isn't the way to go with this fight?

I have no other issues 2 healing any of the prior fights with a resto druid, but this one, made me all kinds of nervous. So if anyone would be kind enough to give me some pointers, I would greatly appreciate it. (Crossing my fingers ya'll don't tell me to go holy for this one)

Deleted
    For 10m, I went holy, serenity chakra and just renew spammed the entire raid. Run into the centre for Halo. Use Holy Word: Serenity on the tank and it's pretty much all I ever had to cast on him. Cascade won't bounce to an ally if they have full hp, so it's kinda useless. You should choose between Halo(First phase dominance) or Divine Star(Stacking phase dominance).

Though, the stacking phase is so short its hardly worth Divine Star. I just divine Hymn'd as soon as the phase starts to top everyone off, and our Resto Druid would Tranq before it ends. You're really going to have to roll cooldowns there if you are 2 healing it as about 2-3 of your GCD's will be spent dispelling.

Tip: Don't void shift ever. Oh man it didn't work out the way I planned.

Try renew up your assigned group before the pull, and circle of healing right as the boss is pulled. Someone is going to immediately get knocked up in the air at the start and if they have no shield, at current gear level its about 30% of their HP gone.

And if your raid is REALLY good, glyph of lightwell dominates. Just sayin'
    Last edited by mmoce763e1edfa; 2013-09-27 at 08:03 AM.

I run with a shaman disc priest and myself holy priest, yet our disc likes high hps so he switches to holy on this fight although 2 holy priests i think is pointless in 10m, i go sanctuary, i don't poh spam but now i have 2 set i will make most of my poh, i use pom/coh when needed and fdcl on tanks

If you play disc for this fight, how do you breakdown your spells? Do you stack evangelism, pop AA then PoH spam? On some of our attempts, my 2 disc priests had high usage for PW:S and going OoM.

Here is the log for our attempts and kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9948&e=10277

Deleted
    Last week's malkorok kill, at the time ranked 7, now back to rank 27 EU: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5441#Shaarra

Basically the key to this fight is keeping EoL ticking on as many people in the raid as possible. Get your raid leader to arrange groups by quadrants, so that you can hit everyone in that quadrant with a PoH.

The damage pattern is effectively a raid wide DoT for 33k DPS With occasional hard hits. What you need to address is the ticking HoT and let smart heals/Halo deal with the hard hits. That means sanctuary 24/7 and you don't touch serenity. Halo and EoL from halo/PoM make up so much of your healing on this fight that its just not worth going sanct for renew blanketing.

Then here is what you need to do (assuming you have at least the T16 2-set) in order of priority:

1) Halo, move closer to the center so that it hits everyone in the raid. Try to not go next to the melee as it will heal them for nothing. It is probably best to use halo on CD, but if you can synch it with the void zone hits, without losing too much of the CD time, then its great.
    2) Maintain sanctuary on the melee/tank group.
    3) If you have an FDCL proc use it on the tank or the person with the lowest shield.
    4) If you get meta proc, using glyphed binding heal on the tank or the person with the lowest shield.
    5) If you have a DI proc expend it.
    6) If you have serendipity 1 stack use it immediately with a PoH on any group where you can hit 5 targets unless you have an FDCL, meta proc or divine insight proc to expend.
    7) If you don't have no procs or serendipity, use (PoM in stacked phase only or) glyphed CoH
    8) Otherwise spam PoH alternating between the groups

In the stacked phase, stick sanct down, pop divine hymn and follow the prio order 2-7

For this fight if you are a disc priest you go holy. I tried disc and couldn't get anywhere near the same HPS. If you dont have a holy spec (25man perspective) do this:

Halo on CD, synch with archangel
    PWS spam during legendary meta proc
    Penance/HF on CD on boss, fill in with 1 smite per 30s for archangel
    Spirit shell on CD spread it out on 3 groups.
    PoH when everything else is on CD

Use pom on CD during the stacked phase.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2013-09-28 at 09:41 AM.

What happens when you Void Shift?
    Both of you end up with a huge shield and no HP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    What happens when you Void Shift?
    Both of you end up with a huge shield and no HP?
    You lose all your HP and the target just gets his shield topped up but no extra health. Void shift can be used during the stacked phase though.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    You lose all your HP and the target just gets his shield topped up but no extra health. Void shift can be used during the stacked phase though.
    And the target loses noo health to your shield? Sounds buggy. :P

This is my log but we are 10m http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=9503&e=9804 our disc uses shields alot but he doesn't go oom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    This is my log but we are 10m http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=9503&e=9804 our disc uses shields alot but he doesn't go oom.
    That is low PWS usage not high.

Yeah on that fight it is overall though his shields are higher then SS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And the target loses noo health to your shield? Sounds buggy. :P
    The person with the highest health loses health, the person with the lowest health gains no health, but his shield is filled up if empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    The person with the highest health loses health, the person with the lowest health gains no health, but his shield is filled up if empty.
    Ah so you only go down to the health level the lower of the two has?
    Because I thought both would exchange health instead of transferring the difference.

What I do on Malkorok:

Staying Disc
    Track on healbot:
    Strong Ancient Barrier (Green)
    Ancient Barrier (Orange)
    Weak Ancient Barrier (Red)

PW:S the Red, orange if you can affort it. save Panance for tanks(PW:S+Penance) cus they tend to sometimes drop out of the Ancient Barrier when it's taunting time.

Smite away the rest of the time in P1... if it's green there's no need to overheal or pre bubble(if your ppl know not to stand in stuff).
    Co-ealed this with a Holy Paladin(and an OP prot paladin but don't mind him)

Log: Malkorok

P2: Hug up Spirit Shell everything. PW:S the debuffed targets(Body and Soul) when they're out dispell em.

we had to 2 heal malkrok Heroic 10man this week and i was wondering haste vs mastery and serenity vs sanctuary

haste with renew spam seems bit off and does not produce big burst of healing you need to top people up before soaking a orb since people will lose their shield from black ball that spawns on heroic

tried mastery/sanctuary and my HPS went up by 40-60k hps and was pretty comfortable to top people up from red>green shield

last week i was disc just smite dpsing(3healed it last week) due to close enrage but i guess ill holy and 2heal from now on

also man i hate the start knockup thing /channel divine hymn gets knocked up sits at 50% hp -_-
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

We two heal ten man with a resto shaman and myself as a holy. I usually play as discipline.

We 3-heal 10m with 2 holy priests and a resto shaman -- but one of the priests generally goes Chastise after placing an AoE in the middle. Manage to eek out another ~100k dps that way, but still have enough CDs for that godawful moment when both healers get the debuff during the transition phase.