Deleted

Fury cooldownmanagement with the CD-Reducetrinket and questions to fury

Hey guys!
    I got some questions for you guys
    1.With the new cdreducetrinket my recklesness is at 2,11min or something like that. I cant combine it anymore with skullbanner(3min cd-got still the bonuscrit setbonus) Just use recklessness on CD? Perhaps wait 10 seconds with the orcpassive and then combine it?
    2.My priorite skills in CS: When stormbolt in CS? In executephase: Just execute and BT when no cs is up?
    3. AOE: Just WW in CS or still singletarget rotation combined with WW? Why dont use Thunderclap since the dot is now 65% pushed?

Thank you and sorry for my bad englisch

Quote Originally Posted by hohescop View Post
    Hey guys!
    I got some questions for you guys
    1.With the new cdreducetrinket my recklesness is at 2,11min or something like that. I cant combine it anymore with skullbanner(3min cd-got still the bonuscrit setbonus) Just use recklessness on CD? Perhaps wait 10 seconds with the orcpassive and then combine it?
    2.My priorite skills in CS: When stormbolt in CS? In executephase: Just execute and BT when no cs is up?
    3. AOE: Just WW in CS or still singletarget rotation combined with WW? Why dont use Thunderclap since the dot is now 65% pushed?

Thank you and sorry for my bad englisch
    Can't comment on when to use Reck with Galakras trinket but the only reason to use Stormbolt is for a marginal dps boost over Bloodbath on a single target fight. Anyitime you have to switch targets Bloodbath pulls ahead of Stormbolt.

1. It's recommended you alternate. So you will use them together on pull > on cooldown > together and so on because every other time the cooldowns align. Naturally use best judgement with this based on the duration of the fight and possible times when cooldowns arn't needed.

2. Stormbolt on every CS, as soon as possible. During execute phase, you will as usual generate rage while CS is down and then spam execute when CS is up.

3. For AoE you want to BT on CD (for rage) whirlwind and use raging blow to use up your meat cleaver stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Anyitime you have to switch targets Bloodbath pulls ahead of Stormbolt.
    This is not entirely true. Swapping targets has no impact on the use of Bloodbath or Stormbolt.
    Bloodbath is only superior for Fury when dealing a decent amount of consistent AoE damage. Generally speaking, when using Bladestorm, or when more than one add is constantly up (though this can be argued it is the general rule). Storm Bolt is a very large damage increase over Bloodbath for TG and a marginal one for SMF.

To answer OP's questions:
    1) Yes, delay Blood Fury and align it with Recklessness. Make sure you use Skull Banner with your first and last (execute) set of cooldowns. If the fight is long enough, you can get one use of it in the middle of the fight, but those two are the important uses.
    2) Inside CS you should use StormBolt, 2 RB's and 1 BT.
    3) Fury does not have access to Blood And Thunder, so its Thunderclap does not apply Deep Wounds. Your AoE rotation should be the same as in the Fury guide; essentially use WW to stack Meat Cleaver for the desired amount of adds to hit, and use BT/CS more or less on Cooldown for rage/RB charges and extra damage respectively. Really depends on how fast you need to get your AoE out, you might not want to CS, but if its constant cleave you should, especially with 2p T16.

Deleted
    Thank you guys!
    So in the middle of the fight do not combine Reck with Skullbanner and just with Orcpassive?

Thank you guys!
    So in the middle of the fight do not combine Reck with Skullbanner and just with Orcpassive?
    If you can use Skull Banner in the middle of the fight, and still use it at the end with reck, yes do that. If the fight will not be long enough; no just combo it with Blood Fury.
    Like this (going to tune Reck/BF down to 2min just for simplicities sake, I think you can figure out the math on your own fairly easy for your level of trinket):
    0min: All CD's
    2m(ish): Reck + BF
    4m: Reck + BF
    6m (assume 20%): All CD's.

As you can see, only place to use SkullBanner mid fight would be at the 3min mark with no CD's, that is fine, and you can use it there. Another scenario:

0min: All
    2min: Reck + BF
    4min: ALL CD's (inc Banner, it was delayed 1min)
    6min: Delay/don't CD
    7min (20%): All CD's

As you can see; it really depends on how long the fight will be/what time the boss will go into execute range. Likewise depending on the length of the fight, you don't actually have to use your big burn of CD's at 20%, if the execute phase is long enough, you could use them at 15 or even 10%, but usually the last 20% is very short; if in the above example you used Reck at 6min instead of delay, you could possibly use all CD's at 8min mark with the boss at 10% or something, but its unlikely. It is simply something you have to figure out on your own, sorry to say.

Edit: don't feel too bad about messing this up while you learn, it is something that even Veteran Warriors have issues with at times. It can be really hard to tell how quickly a boss is going down. I myself missed my last Reck into H Galakras this week by about 10 seconds, because I simply misjudged how fast he died in phase 2.
    Remember the first and last set of CD's are the most important (atleast for single target); so if you miss a Reck in between because you were playing cautious, it isn't as bad as missing your last Reck+Banner combo because you had a happy trigger finger.

Using Reck and Skull Banner is going to come down to a bit of familiarity with fight length and how often you will be able to use those cooldowns. If using Reck as soon as it comes up does not produce one extra usage of Recklessness, then you have a dps loss by not combining it with Skull Banner.

If you get Reck down to 2 minutes and the fight lasts 6:30... then you should probably use Reck and Banner on their respective cooldowns so that they will line back up for execute at 6:00.

For a more simple approach to the problem, I plan to save Reck for my Banner, unless a situation arised beforehand that would greatly benefit from Reck being popped sooner (burning down amber on Paragons, or a big AoE pack that needs to be blown up quickly, etc). This may not be 100% efficient, but I feel like it is a practical way to play effectively.

Deleted
    Do you know any tactics or addons to figure out how long a fight will be?
    Btw Archimtiros: Can i perhaps get ur UI or WA Strings if possible?

Thanks

My UI is an amalgamation of addons, not a package like mono UI or ElvUI. I got all my favorite addons and tweaked them until it fit my needs. Its been years of evolution, started in BC when I first discovered the action bar addon Trinity.

Unlike many players I don't use Weak Auras to show when an ability is useable, instead I use it to show buff/debuffs (it will show when CS is up on target, or I am enraged, procs, defensives, things like that), mostly its for boss abilities in raid. I use bartenders action buttons to see my cooldowns and such, I just move the bars around until the most important abilities are centralized so I can see them easily.

I couldn't begin to export my UI for you, honestly my addon and wtf folder are still filled with folders for addons I haven't used in years, I keep meaning to clean it out but don't even know where to begin. I would screw you up a lot more than it would ever help you! If I ever had to reinstall, I'd be screwed!
    However I will tell you what addons I enjoy using, and would be more than happy to help you set them up. Really I hate pre-packaged UI's; I find it much more beneficial to build one from the ground up, that way you get the information you need, not the info someone else thinks is important. I also like minimalistic UI's, though you couldn't tell by my addon list! Prepackaged ones are often pretty, but take up way too much of my room, and show more than I need.

Addons I use and recommend:

WeakAuras - Extremely powerful mod, I could prob replace my entire UI with just weak auras if I really wanted to set it all up. I have yet to find something WA cannot do.

Deadly Boss Mods - Must have for any raider. BigWigs is a great alternate and they are both outstanding. DBM works better out of box and yells at you more. BigWigs is more for people who want to turn specific things on and off and emphasize individual options more.

Bartender - Action Bars, simple really with lots of uses when you get into it. I myself like to make bars that hide until you mouse over them or enter combat.

BindPad - I LOVE this addon! It gives you a window to which you can bind abilities without them being on a bar. It also lets you use them as additional macro slots. Since I like really minimalistic UI's without unneeded information shown, this addon is great. Has account wide and character/spec individual pages too. Cannot recommend enough!

Pitbull - Takes a lot more setup than most, but tons of customization for the advanced user. Stuf is my second favorite.

Quartz - Cast bars and such. I hear its not updated anymore, but it has never given me any problems. Also does GCD, swing timers and focus cast bars.

Elkano's Buff Bars - I love these. I hate seeing de/buff icons on the top row. So many things look alike that I need names! It also sorts buffs and debuffs into separate, movable stacks. Plus I can stack them neatly on the right hand side under my minimap.

Tidyplates - Name plates for mobs, looks nice, tracks debuffs if you need it and easy way to tell threat (I like the widgets option).

MSBT (Mik's Scrolling Battle Text) - I turn off a lot of the spam, but its nice for showing incoming damage and healing. I don't use it for showing my damage though, I like those numbers showing above the bosses head.

MoveAnything - Lets you move anything! From boss health frames to alternate power bars in raids, or the special action button.

ACP (Addon Control Panel) - Lets you turn addons on/off without logging out, just need to /rl (reload).

TipTac
    - Just a small tooltip replacer. I think it looks nice is all really.

SexyMap
    - Just looks fun.

Mapster - Nicer main Map.

Cursor - Makes my cursor have glowy effects so I don't lose it. EDIT: I guess its not updated anymore and people have issues making it work? I picked it up during T14 and never had a problem with it.

ButtonFacade aka Masque - Makes my action buttons look nicer. I think its called Masque now because I have both turned on, not even sure why, haha. Tons of different versions and colors, I like the one called Darion.

FontDamageChanger - Makes your damage numbers look nicer. Takes a bit of out of wow setup.

And about a dozen more non-UI related mods. I'm sorry its not exactly what you were asking for but I really believe in learning to set things up and tweak them yourself vice using someone elses pre-packaged setup. As soon as that package isn't updated your screwed!

Deleted
    Thank you so much archi

Can anyone answer pls

I know there exists one add-on for this, but I don't know its name.
    Though, if you are progressing on a boss you should wipe enough to estimate this. If you're on farm, just check your logs of past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I know there exists one add-on for this, but I don't know its name.
    Though, if you are progressing on a boss you should wipe enough to estimate this. If you're on farm, just check your logs of past week.
    Exactly, I also use a stopwatch (built into the game, click on the time on your minimap) during combat to help me figure it out on newer fights.
    It's not always exact but a little math can help you figure out approximately how often to use your CDs.

I don't have CDR so my reck is 3min. If I use it at 100% (on pull) and want to use it at 20% for execute, I can look at the % health the boss is at once Reck comes off CD and decide if I have time to use Reck again or not.
    Example: Use at 100%; if the boss is at 50% by the time reck comes back up; he lost 50% health in 3 minutes, I shouldn't use Reck again because at that rate he would die before it came off CD a 3rd time.
    Example 2: Use at 100%; if the boss is at 60% when Reck comes off CD, then the boss lost 40% of his health in 3 minutes. At that rate, after 3 more minutes, the boss would be at 20%; so I can most likely use Reck three times.

So now I know my general rule of thumb (for 3 minute Recklessness) is if the boss is over 60% HP when Reck comes off CD, I can use it again and have it up for Executes. If it is 55% or lower, I most likely can not.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

3) Fury does not have access to Blood And Thunder, so its Thunderclap does not apply Deep Wounds. Your AoE rotation should be the same as in the Fury guide; essentially use WW to stack Meat Cleaver for the desired amount of adds to hit, and use BT/CS more or less on Cooldown for rage/RB charges and extra damage respectively. Really depends on how fast you need to get your AoE out, you might not want to CS, but if its constant cleave you should, especially with 2p T16.
    Erm.. Yes they do? Thunderclap glyphed is really strong on it's own, aswell as keeping up dw...
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Erm.. Yes they do? Thunderclap glyphed is really strong on it's own, aswell as keeping up dw...
    No, Fury does not have access to B&T and have not since Cata, and you didn't take B&T for Fury in Cata either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    No they, in fact, do not have access to blood and thunder. Fury can use thunder clap, but it does not apply deep wounds.

Imagine it did though, ohh fury would be so OP! Add another 10% to our single target damage and we would almost be able to compete with Warlocks!

U sure ? Im pretty sure my tc spread dw during the first week of 5.4... Any1 else noticed it or was I dreaming?
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you were dreaming.