Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If the whole point is to avoid a stalemate after 15min, wouldn't the idea of the stacking damage buff for BOTH teams work as a fix? Is there something bad about that i'm not seeing? Would some classes still turtle and wait out the debuff?

I still don't understand what's wrong with the growing debuff like the one on AT (every few minutes +10% damage and healing for every team)...

Deleted
    "Make it so the buff only kicks in when a player has been killed"

This is probably the best solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    "Make it so the buff only kicks in when a player has been killed"

This is probably the best solution.
    That would lead to even more Double Blood DK comps, and make Double Healer for the purpose of trolling even more common.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I'm fine with it. Sick of pillar humping asshole unkillable healers who turtle after their dps dies. If they weren't good enough to keep their dps alive, they shouldn't force a tie.

Best change they ever made for arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I'm fine with it. Sick of pillar humping asshole unkillable healers who turtle after their dps dies. If they weren't good enough to keep their dps alive, they shouldn't force a tie.
    True. That's why the suggestion: "Make it so the buff only kicks in when a player has been killed" would also work better than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Best change they ever made for arena.
    In it's current implementation, it's actually the worst change possible. If they fix it, it would be up there with one of the best changes.

Easy fix to the solution ehre... Game limit 15 min. If no one lands a kill on either team than both teams lose 5 points and its a draw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/crumpt/c/2951497

I'll just leave this here.
    Priest should've realized the timer was so low and helped dps down the lock. A single Holy Fire would've literally won them the game.

Also karma for /rofl /spit

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    Easy fix to the solution ehre... Game limit 15 min. If no one lands a kill on either team than both teams lose 5 points and its a draw.
    and that would cause healer/dps vs healer/dps just play that draw because you only lose 5 points. No point to risk losing 20 points. Maybe try kill first 5 min to see if other team is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRas View Post
    Priest should've realized the timer was so low and helped dps down the lock. A single Holy Fire would've literally won them the game.

Also karma for /rofl /spit
    yep

ALSO the boomy/lock team get the buff before the lock died 0.1 before (most people don't notice this rofl)

and the team who got the enemy to the lowest % hp wins. so imo it's not fair whatsoever but it's working as intented.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by t3180 View Post
    and that would cause healer/dps vs healer/dps just play that draw because you only lose 5 points. No point to risk losing 20 points. Maybe try kill first 5 min to see if other team is bad.
    I really don't see that the old system was bad. Losing almost as many points for a draw as an outright loss meant that people will really try hard for the win. Since they seem to want to leave TCCY in, they should tweak it to one of the suggestions mentioned in this thread.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    That would lead to even more Double Blood DK comps, and make Double Healer for the purpose of trolling even more common.
    I don't see why. There are already enough double blood DKs crawling around. Double Healer already has as much chance, if not more to win now with TCCY buff as they can't kill anyone at all.

Revert arena duration to 25 minutes again, make it so when a DPS dies you have 10 minutes before the buff kicks in. If the game ends with your opponents team only having 1 player left, they will lose.

Or just make it so that if there's 1 person left of your opponents team (these suggestions are for 2v2), you win. People will for sure just leave the game after they know for sure they lose. Heck, people are ALREADY doing that right now with the stupid buff.

If none of either teams have died, it will be a draw. Simple as that.

For 3s there shouldn't be any buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I don't see why. There are already enough double blood DKs crawling around. Double Healer already has as much chance, if not more to win now with TCCY buff as they can't kill anyone at all.

Revert arena duration to 25 minutes again, make it so when a DPS dies you have 10 minutes before the buff kicks in. If the game ends with your opponents team only having 1 player left, they will lose.

Or just make it so that if there's 1 person left of your opponents team (these suggestions are for 2v2), you win. People will for sure just leave the game after they know for sure they lose. Heck, people are ALREADY doing that right now with the stupid buff.

If none of either teams have died, it will be a draw. Simple as that.

For 3s there shouldn't be any buff.
    Yeah, just take these suggestions already and be done with it.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    If the whole point is to avoid a stalemate after 15min, wouldn't the idea of the stacking damage buff for BOTH teams work as a fix? Is there something bad about that i'm not seeing? Would some classes still turtle and wait out the debuff?
    No, then before 3-4 min of the time mark, people would just stop using any offensive cooldowns and stacking every defensive one. Then the game would turn into a giant cd stack (which they actually want to get rid off)
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Euerfeldi View Post
    I still don't understand what's wrong with the growing debuff like the one on AT (every few minutes +10% damage and healing for every team)...
    this would benefit some comps more then others, and would be even more unbalanced.
    ex. Lock has 30% increased dmg, dots up a target and runs, taking advantage of this putting the other team behind.
    or tsg vs like godcomp. The godcomp might not be able to set up a kill when the buff hits, but the tsg is constantly pushing pressure into them and can totaly take advantage of this buff.
    Any buff like this that causes people to play in a different way is bad. A stacking buff would do the same thing ( holding offensives cds till buff comes gg).\

Honestly this is how it should be:
    The team with the most alive team members wins ( no more turtle healer ties in 2s)
    If you tie, neither team loses or gains rating.

If you cant win, you cant win but you wont lose points because of stupid turtles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Honestly this is how it should be:
    The team with the most alive team members wins ( no more turtle healer ties in 2s)
    If you tie, neither team loses or gains rating.

If you cant win, you cant win but you wont lose points because of stupid turtles.
    Simple as that. Tie should be at 15, 20 or 25min (can be determined by better players than me)

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh. The only thing i've seen of it was a rogue who attempted to stay alive for the 15 minutes needed. It didnt work, he was downed in about 2 minutes. As stated before, 15 min matches are EXTREMELY rare. If its 2 dps vs 1 healer, and those 2 dps can NOT kill that single healer, well, seriously, they didnt deserve to win. If its 1 dps vs 1 healer, well, gg, might as well leave and do better next time?
    Not read anymore of this thread so apologies if someone has corrected this guy or not but I will again. Every single healer/dps vs healer/dps at 1600+ the matches go to 15 minutes more often then not. I think I have had maybe 4 games where we managed to down a healer before the time limit.

Now on to the original topic no don't take this out Healer/Dps vs Healer/Dps is a hard match up no matter what the classes are. Im a resto shaman and I can outheal and out sustain almost all other classes. Also I don't know if you know this but getting someone down to 5-10% happens very often in 2s but because of cooldowns its very rare to get a kill. That is why the team that has the lowest health during the match does not get the debuff. This is a way that blizzard says we understand you guys almost got the kill and we understand how broken it is for healer/dps. I feel like half of you guys don't know the concept of the buff because you have never done 15 minute fights before. Hell I remember doing a hour long 3s match a few years ago. Those are just pointless when people are only getting 3-8 points a win.

Ok as a person who only plays healers in arena (Hpally, Disc, and Rdruid) here is my take on the buff. I believe it should only kick in if one person dies as others have stated. Right now I play with an enh shaman which I'm very aware isnt a great comp. Just about every time we run into another hear-dps comp we end up going the 15min and 9 out of 10 times we do get the buff and win. I still don't like it because I'm so focused on keeping my dps topped off rather than just keeping us alive I can't help with cc as much as before, I go oom faster and it's just not as fun.

The way it stands now its not based on health % left but rather total health in numbers. Those classes who start with more hp have a clear advantage. I don't know the right fix for this but I don't like the current state winning or losing. It's close to being a great change to arena but not quite there yet.