Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, they shortened it to 25. But I played plenty of 45s.

I have a 2200 cheeve on my main, which isn't amazing but it is definitely not "low rated". My alt was duelist back in the day before cheeves, and actually really close to glad one season. I'm sorry that some comps can game the buff, but my 2s went from "play play play FUCKING STALL" to "actually play the game".

I've said, in EVERY FUCKING POST, that there are ways to address TCCY abuse without deleting or removing. Calling me low rated is absolutely wrong. Calling me incorrect is your own opinion, but here's mine: there are a lot more games that end at 15 minutes now instead of going to max duration, and those games reward the better players pretty fucking often. The exploit comps are rare, much cried about, and likely easy to address.

EDIT: And you actually played 2s before this change? HOW? Did you just play a double dps all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    The implementation may not be all that great, but the idea is solid. You don't deserve a draw just because someone can stay alive long enough. That just encourages overly defensive setups that always either win or draw.
    So you like how there are Overly bursty comps that can also turtle?

The crowd choose you hotfixed:

In patch 5.4, We have added a new mechanism -- 'The Crowd Chose You!!!' to the arena. We added it for two reasons:

1. We don't want the fight to last too long;
    2. We want to ensure one team to be the winner in each fight.

However, we don't want players to change their playstyle due to this mechanism. Unfortunately, we are not happy with it after this mechanism was added.

We decided to change it in a different way. In the upcoming hotfix, we will completely remove 'The Crowd Chose You!!!' and replace it with a new mechanism called 'Suppression'. If a fight lasts longer than 10 minutes, all of the players in the arena will get a stacking debuff that reduces healing by 1% every 10 seconds. This effect will last until one team wins the fight. Under extreme circumstances where the winner cannot be decided within 20 minutes, the system will end the fight and randomly decide the winner.

We think this change will have less of an effect on playstyle, team composition and strategy than 'The Crowd Chose You!!!' did, and make the fight more interesting and exciting. We are doing internal testing now and will update it when it is released.

I'm wondering what the random winner will be, but i can't see it going to 20min with this in place. At 10 min + 100 secs so thats 11 min 40 secs, we'll have 100% reduced healing ( did i get that right? ).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post

I'm wondering what the random winner will be, but i can't see it going to 20min with this in place. At 10 min + 100 secs so thats 11 min 40 secs, we'll have 100% reduced healing ( did i get that right? ).
    No, you would need 1000 seconds, it is 1% reduced per 10 seconds.

At 15 minutes, it will be at 30% reduced healing, and at 20 minutes, it will be at 60% reduced healing.

Still, that's basically enough. They could make it 30 minutes though.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

( did i get that right? ).
    Nope.

It's 1% every 10 seconds, not 1% every 1 second. So at 100 seconds (11:40) you'll be at 10% debuff. At 15:00 you'll be at 30%, and 20:00 you'll be at 60%.

Depending on what comp you run and what you're fighting it's somewhat possible to hit the 20 minute mark. As for the "random winner" comment, it'll probably be just that. They'll flip essentially do a /roll for both teams and whoever wins wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    No, you would need 1000 seconds, it is 1% reduced per 10 seconds.

At 15 minutes, it will be at 30% reduced healing, and at 20 minutes, it will be at 60% reduced healing.

Still, that's basically enough. They could make it 30 minutes though.
    Lol. My bad, I should sleep before I attempt math in my head. I'm still curious as to if this random winner being picked means just a dice roll? I thought the entire premise was good except for the randomness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Nope.

It's 1% every 10 seconds, not 1% every 1 second. So at 100 seconds (11:40) you'll be at 10% debuff. At 15:00 you'll be at 30%, and 20:00 you'll be at 60%.

Depending on what comp you run and what you're fighting it's somewhat possible to hit the 20 minute mark. As for the "random winner" comment, it'll probably be just that. They'll flip essentially do a /roll for both teams and whoever wins wins.
    Ah, thanks man. Great, i can get to bed knowing that they addressed this.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Another dumb mechanic implemented by clueless idiots. Personally im done with WoW at this point (not specifically because of TCCY but because of PvP overall)

It's so disappointing, WoW's gameplay is crisp, its reactive and fast paced.. its too bad the people behind the wheel have no idea what they are doing. (I don't PvE anymore so I won't comment on that, but its pretty clear the people behind the PvP side of things have either their hands tied, or their brains missing) Until they separate PvE from PvP it will always be imbalanced and adding in mechanics like TCCY is just straight up retarded.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I hate what WOW has become and it's getting progressively worse with each patch.

- - - Updated - - -

This idea actually might not be a bad idea after 25mins past. Then, use it as a sort of "sudden death."

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    This idea actually might not be a bad idea after 25mins past. Then, use it as a sort of "sudden death."
    No thanks, 15 minute games are boring and unbearable enough as it is. At least in previous expansions 25/45 minute games only happened once in a great while against mirrors, now every healer/DPS vs healer/DPS is going 15 unless someone makes a mistake.

If it was up to me then 2v2 games would have a 10 minute cap, and after 10 minutes it's just a draw and neither side gains or loses points (was always stupid that draws were minus 16 to each team) and then 3v3 could have like 20 minute caps since those are much rarer.

2v2 exists solely to cap points so you can get a new piece of gear before you do 3s, there's absolutely no reason to do 2v2 other than to cap points, making those games take 30 minutes would be idiotic.

Ok, interesting. The post from Lore on forums doesn't have the 'sudden death' part.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195209926

Guessing MMO champ had it wrong first time.

Deleted
    It is clearly a way to stop the dobbel blood teams or other 2x tanks in arena. i dont like it, i loved when those 600k came after a long battle. so i dont care much for it. But well i also play 2x blood dk's in arena, it is so much damn fun

Ok, interesting. The post from Lore on forums doesn't have the 'sudden death' part.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195209926

Guessing MMO champ had it wrong first time.
    Not really. The original source of the mmo-c post was the China battle.net blue post.
    The China battle.net mistranslated the "end with a draw" as if the "draw" meant "lucky draw".

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I like this, people with damage reduction abilities will be better than people who don't. The debuff need to debuff that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    It is clearly a way to stop the dobbel blood teams or other 2x tanks in arena. i dont like it, i loved when those 600k came after a long battle. so i dont care much for it. But well i also play 2x blood dk's in arena, it is so much damn fun
    I can not really see this stopping blood dks.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-10-10 at 03:24 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I'm not sure how you find it fun. I tired it once and found it extremely boring and completely unsatisfying to "play" for 15 minutes until my autowin.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Reading some of these posts makes me wonder if it would just be better to bring back some mana draining abilities? Would be interesting if only healers got the ability to drain mana so that healer/dps became either CC and kill or CC and burn both of which lead to a kill rewarding superior gameplay. Double dps vs healer dps would still be as it is now which is just can we CC the healer long enough to land a kill before we are killed.

Holy/Disc would just get mana drain back.
    Resto Shaman could get a totem maybe, lol
    Resto Druids could get a nature sting like hunters used to have
    MW Monks could get something like warlocks used to have since they channel a lot anyway
    Hpals could get a modified denounce

Would be more fun to give healers the ability to shorten games through good play rather than stupid buffs that just bring rise to stupid comps.

It's not been hot fixed yet. They're testing this idea currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Ok... so teams with a healer will get hit the hardest because what this means is that
    Dps will be harder to heal through the longer the game is?

Wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Ok... so teams with a healer will get hit the hardest because what this means is that
    Dps will be harder to heal through the longer the game is?

Wow...
    Their "defense" to this is that double dps teams wont last long enough for the buff to kick in.
    Did they announce a nerf to the retarded amount of healing hybrids do? If not then they sure as
    hell dont know anything about their own game.

oh well. business as usual i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Their "defense" to this is that double dps teams wont last long enough for the buff to kick in.
    Did they announce a nerf to the retarded amount of healing hybrids do? If not then they sure as
    hell dont know anything about their own game.

oh well. business as usual i guess.
    I need to find a good Aff lock to ride to the top, Boomkin+Aff is very strong. Nice off heals from both classes.

I am scared with this debuff that damage reduction abilities will be better than other cds.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    It's not been hot fixed yet. They're testing this idea currently.
    That's the only hope. They can't seem to get it right. This new one devalues teams that use just healing as a defense (good thing is this means Double Blood healing should be affected), but so will any hybrid dps or healer team. While promoting double dps in a healer/dps strong environment is good, this doesn't seem to be the best way forward.

How about this:

- At 15 mins the team with more players remaining wins. This means that a team that lands a kill won't suffer because the enemy healer is running around playing chicken.
    - If you have an equal number of players you get a draw. (Both teams lose a small amount of points. I'm thinking this is could because it discourages people from actively trying for a draw if they don't lose anything for a draw)
    - Teams that queue as Double Tank or Double Healer or Healer/Tank will take 20% more damage and deal 20% less damage.
    Last edited by gestapo; 2013-10-11 at 03:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    - Teams that queue as Double Tank or Double Healer or Healer/Tank will take 20% more damage and deal 20% less damage.
    No. As long as they can not win they will not play those comps. It is not the comps themselves that are the problem, but the cheesy mechanics.