Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What OP 2s/3s comps have you faced this week?

Playing MW/UnhDK for points in 2s and shadowcleave in 3s this season, at least for now anyways. None of us claim to be glads. I hit 2k in 2s (lolol) with my MW friend and we hung around 1900 in 3s last patch.

In 2s, warrior/healer teams some to come out on top against us simply because of the 15 min buff, if they drag out that long.

in 3s, we played against Ele/Aff/Rdruid for 3 matches in a row and oh man, I'm still having nightmares. The pressure is endless.

What about you guys? I know it's the first week of the season and it's a big mix of bads n' glads at the moment.

Deleted
    First for some reason, every team I face has a healer and unless they are completely bad, also unkillable, whoever bursts the hardest wins since they will just kite 15min which is stupid. Grievous will fix it. I play WW monk + priest, I'm 1,9k xp and he is 2k. Resto shaman + warrior or shadow priest + healer is horrible!

Did some Warrior/RDruid earlier today and the only team that seemed unbeatable was a Ret/Hunter team because of their nonstop instant CC along with crazy damage. But my Warrior friend hadn't played his Warrior in months (He was 2600 in Wrath) and I haven't played my Druid in PvP in months either (2k+ since BC), plus I'm in half Dreadful. Not sure it's unbeatable, but the damage was really high along with the CC. He could have intervened some traps though and I could have more PvP power, so I think it'd be okay if we get used to it again.

Other then that I haven't really seen anything too crazy in 2s or 3s yet this week. Did WW Monk/Enh Shaman/Disc Priest and that felt really strong, but will probably end up doing WW Monk/Warrior/Disc Priest, Monks seem good with their damage and their offhealing seems really strong.

But in 2v2 any Healer/DPS vs. Healer/DPS games are going to be 15 minutes unless someone messes up, at least until people get full Grievous. There's simply no way for 1 DPS to kill 1 healer right now, they might come close but unless the healer doesn't pop CDs or gets distracted they aren't going to die.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    unholy dk/healer always seems to beat us in the long run. too much constant presure to keep up.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Priest/Warrior seems like the strongest 2s comp, Maybe mwer/warrior.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    feral druid, beastmaster hunter.
    arms warrior, disc priest.

This far I think unholy dk is best dps for 2v2 and warrior is second. Best healer is holy priest

Affliction Lock, Arms Warrior, RSham/RDruid is invincible in 3s atm.

Deleted
    Hunter + Anything

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 active healers and I dislike Unholy DK + Disc Priest. Every Fear leads to a hefty stack of Necrotic because it's damage is so low that they can really pile it on without breaking Fear.

Also, the Priest takes Void Tendrils specifically for rooting me when my team mates peels or I make a gap.

Deleted
    Anything with Priests, Warriors and Death Knights. Rest is pretty much balanced!

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Anything with Priests, Warriors and Death Knights. Rest is pretty much balanced!
    I'm finding this too. As WW/Priest we kinda poop on Warriors in 2s, but any DK is instantly a 15 minute game. Their survivability is crazy if they just sit blood presence with conversion up. Dk/Priest seems to be performing best on the ladder.

I haven't played 3s enough to get a good feeling of whats OP but a TSG we faced did craaaaaaazy opening pressure. All of us were 20-30% after about 10 seconds. Their spread damage and ability to train a healer just meant we fell behind almost instantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I haven't played 3s enough to get a good feeling of whats OP but a TSG we faced did craaaaaaazy opening pressure. All of us were 20-30% after about 10 seconds. Their spread damage and ability to train a healer just meant we fell behind almost instantly.
    I dont want to call anyone out here but i find TSG to be a retard-proof comp. THere is so much room for screwing up,
    failing at chain-cc, missing interrupts/locks and all of that and STILL do good. Makes me cry a little when thinking about
    what TSG is going to be in the hands of really good players.

Overall i like the season so far except for the obvious overpowered priest healers and dks/warriors.

Going to be interesting to see how this develops

Deleted
    Healer/DPS, just leave if you play 2x dps.

warrior / holy priest in 2s.
    ele sham-warrior-resto druid in 3s.

Deleted
    Something ive chain-queued into a million times so far is WW-monk/Priest. Might be one of the most ridicolous comps ive ever encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Hunter + Anything
    Someone's stuck in 5.0

Bring the hate - I'm playing UH DK/Disc LOL

It's a really strong comp. The pressure UH dks can put out is relentless and generally most games I'm playing pretty defensive, sitting in blood presence whole game. Long shitty games though. Did games for 2 hours last night - average match length was 10 mins.

I'm ooming healers hehe. My disc can't be killed by anything so i pretty much have free reign to sit on the enemy healer and make their life hell.

Counters that have been beating us/hitting 15 mins: Rdruid/Arms, MW Monk/Arms, decent 2.2K+ Mage/Rogue, Holy Priest/Arms.

Strongest DPS in 2s: Arms > UH DK > WW Monk > Hunter > Shaman > Meh
    Strongest Heals in 2s: Holy Priest > Disc/Rdruid > Hpal/Rsham > MW

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post

Counters that have been beating us/hitting 15 mins: Mage/Rogue
    Found this suprising. How does unh dk-disc have any problem with any double dps team, esp ones without off healing?
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2013-09-26 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Found this suprising. How does unh dk-disc have any problem with any double dps team, esp ones without off healing?
    You are aware that mage/rogue is easily the strongest dd comb in 2s, since it was created and both classes have endless burst+cc and can reset the game anytime?

The mage conjures food and the rogue eats in stealth mode while the mage eats behind a pillar, while his 2 opponents are cced. Observe a good double frost mage game, once. They can do serious shit to something like warri+healer, last for an enternity by coordinated drinking/eating and ccing + the use of pillars.

Mentioned the double frost mage comp cause it shows you how they regain their hp/mana easily, while technically have no stealth as the rogue, where its obvious.

However this is way more a dd+healer season overall.