Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Anyone else as super excited about Mantle as I am. Console level performance optimization for PC hardware. The PS4 has about half the compute power of my 7970, yet because they can program low level for it and optimize it can play BF4 with high quality settings at a smooth 60fps.

So what can my 7970 now do with that same level of optimization. What will the 290x be able to do. It might make 4k 60fps a possibility with this next generation. Which is wild!
    Console optimization is overly underrated, just look at what the PS3 can do with 256 mb ram reserved for games. I think mantle will be revolutionary in PC gaming, I really hope so.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Yet many manly tears were shed when the 780 pricing was announced to be $650.
    We'll get used to it.

We'll have to. >_>
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    as far as pricing is concerned this was pretty much to be expected.
    however thus far it has been awfully quiet in regards to thermals of those new cards.
    as for mantle the concept just seems too good to be true thus far, no actual numbers.
    the future looks bright for AMD cards however i wouldn't be too optimistic just yet. (like i was with my titan and getting screwed over 3 months later by the 780 at a way better pricing for identical performance due to aftermarket models for the 780 but not the titan.)
    lets see how mantle and final pricing/performance works out once those cards are out in the wild.

Deleted
    You mean people were happy to finally get the updated none price gouging Titan for only $650, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    A 7970 Matrix will handle about anything right now with some decent overclock at 1080p.
    I'd even say it's too much for 1080p unless you want to max AA in some games which makes no visual difference anyhow.

Unless you wanted to play 1600p+ I wouldn't consider the r9-290x.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    as far as pricing is concerned this was pretty much to be expected.
    however thus far it has been awfully quiet in regards to thermals of those new cards.
    as for mantle the concept just seems too good to be true thus far, no actual numbers.
    the future looks bright for AMD cards however i wouldn't be too optimistic just yet. (like i was with my titan and getting screwed over 3 months later by the 780 at a way better pricing for identical performance due to aftermarket models for the 780 but not the titan.)
    lets see how mantle and final pricing/performance works out once those cards are out in the wild.
    While true to some extent, Titan would handle 4k much better than 780... IF you had a 4k monitor.

Since most people don't, obviously it is kinda worthless. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I wouldnt compare the 780 vs titan with Mantle.

I agree with you we still have to wait how it pans out. Altho, it is something that will get better with time (if it is a letdown at the beginning).

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Unless you want to max AA in some games which makes no visual difference anyhow.
    That really depends on the screen you use. Unless you mean going from 16x AA to 24x AA or something like that.

You realize that BF4 Premium is selling for 110USD at origin? So.. 620USD for "Pre-order", I really wouldn't rule out a 599 release, probably a 549 reference with a 599 aftermarket OC etc..
    Doesn't sound too bad to me, Still out of my range though, I will most likely settle on 280X or 290.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Just to be clear about the R9+BF4 Premium combo; Is it the Premium membership you get OR The actual game + Premium?

Since I already have BF4 Digital Deluxe pre-ordered(and enjoying BETA atm VERY much!). Also, to make sure, Mantle API works on Windows 7?

As far as I understand its the game + premium.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

I'm concerned about how cross fire will work without the bridge. More so which mother boards will have the bandwidth needed between PCIe slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I'm concerned about how cross fire will work without the bridge. More so which mother boards will have the bandwidth needed between PCIe slots.
    Given that PCI-E is an industry standard, surely that would not matter?

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Given that PCI-E is an industry standard, surely that would not matter?
    The problem arises when some boards share lanes between slots greatly reducing the bandwidth possible between cards. I'm sure it won't be that big of an issue but I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    O

The problem arises when some boards share lanes between slots greatly reducing the bandwidth possible between cards. I'm sure it won't be that big of an issue but I'm interested to see how it plays out.
    Huh? Each slot has a dedicated amount of lanes allocated to it. A set amount if 1 slot is occupied, 2 slots and so on. Not having a bridge will not affect the allocation.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Huh? Each slot has a dedicated amount of lanes allocated to it. A set amount if 1 slot is occupied, 2 slots and so on. Not having a bridge will not affect the allocation.
    I get that, but what if say every slot is being used? Couldn't that impact performance in multicard set ups. I thought that was the whole point of needing a bridge in the first place. But I'm not an expert so I'm probably missing something.

Yall have wayyyy too much money lol. If you are playing at 1080p anything above a gtx 760/radeon 7950 is overkill. If you buy this card you BETTER have a 1440p screen, or else!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    You realize that BF4 Premium is selling for 110USD at origin? So.. 620USD for "Pre-order", I really wouldn't rule out a 599 release, probably a 549 reference with a 599 aftermarket OC etc..
    Doesn't sound too bad to me, Still out of my range though, I will most likely settle on 280X or 290.
    Yeah, it doesnt work like that you get the game for free. You might pay a small premium, say 30 dollar or something.

I wouldnt get my hopes up that the card will cost 550-600 dollar. It would be awesome, but I wouldnt count on it. Im going with a minimum of 650 after a few weeks of launching.

Deleted
    i just hope someone will get that pre-order and sell that bf4 code for a bargain on tweakers.
    no way i'm dropping over a $100 to get the base game + parts that should actually be part of it in the first place. (looking at you dlc's!)

Deleted
    i just hope someone will get that pre-order and sell that bf4 code for a bargain on tweakers.
    no way i'm dropping over a $100 to get the base game + parts that should actually be part of it in the first place. (looking at you dlc's!)
    You dont have to. Just look at key sites. They are already selling BF4 + Premium for around 70-80 euro. Still a lot of course