Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Congradulations! most mages just secretly wish they were warlocks and never actually attend night school to get there warlock degree.

If your continuing with affliction then make sure you have the affdots add-on.

leveling as affliction is a whole different ballgame then what you will be required to do as level 90 raiding affliction however. just keep that in mind. You rarely are called on to need to multi-dot effectively in leveling situations, mostly its just dump all your dots on one mob, channel MF and it falls over somewhere between the M and the F. You may get the idea that doing this to more then one mob is easy, but for a lot of locks, it kinda falls apart making the transition between single and multi dotting. I considered myself a pretty decent lock, and ive been raiding since molten core, and up to say cata, single target dotting was pretty much most of our dps usefulness. Then we were expected to channel MF, and keep agony up, and pandemic etc...

I have yet to find a really good addon for keeping track of dots applied in a multi dot situation. I would like to see something that put a target bar up for every mob i put dots on with something on each bar to represent each dot. Then i could keep an eye on that, click it to retarget something that needs a refresh, instead of having to tab target or click a certain mob out of a group. Kinda a reverse healbot setup. Some people can keep all that going in there head. others have problems with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely stick it out, and learn the class as you level. I have an enhance alt and a boomkin alt, and when I initially started to learn each of those classes I felt pretty overwhelmed as well. I think the same would apply in your case. Once you hit 90 you should have a solid basic understanding of the class and how it works. At that point just read, re-read, read again, and then memorize the class guides from Zinnin, Evrelia, and Brusalk and you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    Definitely stick it out, and learn the class as you level. I have an enhance alt and a boomkin alt, and when I initially started to learn each of those classes I felt pretty overwhelmed as well. I think the same would apply in your case. Once you hit 90 you should have a solid basic understanding of the class and how it works. At that point just read, re-read, read again, and then memorize the class guides from Zinnin, Evrelia, and Brusalk and you'll be good to go.
    Oh yea, have been watching a ton of video guides, as well as reading up on rotations etc.