Question(s) for the Blacksmiths who are looking to profit in 5.4

1. Living Steel buckles are selling higher than plain living steel right now...should I sell buckles instead? (on my server, difference is ~100g) or is this a fad? I assume with the new raid, the buckles will sell well great at least until all the wings of LFR are open for a bit. However I hear engineers will need a shit ton of the steel for a new mount they are hoping to get rich off. comments?

2. Got my trillium ingot plans pretty quickly and I am using my daily CD. I may have missed 2-3 days....I am about 20 days away from a 553 craft. How much can I expect? Some ppl say the first wave should get about 50K per and that DPS plate will be sell better than tank (given the ratios) comments?

Aside from these two revenue streams anything else I should be looking into? I have alchemy, JC, herbing, mining, and inscript on tap to compliment the Blacksmith, but I tend to use the BS to make money, its pretty straight forward and does not require a lot of micro management. Thanks.

1. Slowly convert Living Steel to belt buckles until you can't sell buckles for more than the living steel. But yes demand for Living Steel stuff is somewhat high atm due to belt buckles and Engineers stockpiling for their Sky Golem.

2. Depends on what PvE patterns you have. Imo all pants are worthless as anyone doing PvE is most likely going to use T16 LFR SoO tier over crafted if that's what it takes to get 2/4 set. The belts are a whole other story; the tank and dps belts will probably sell the fastest since more tank/dps than holy paladins.

As for Fincher's comment about the 476 PvP gear does that stuff even sell? You'd think that with how easy it is to get 496 armor tokens there wouldn't be all that much demand for them or is there simply so much PvP power on them that they're better than 496 tokens for PvP?

Thanks for all comments. Turbo I think you are right...Timeless Isle makes being ToT-LFR ready a one day affair, thus rendering 476 crafteds worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    1. Living Steel buckles are selling higher than plain living steel right now...should I sell buckles instead? (on my server, difference is ~100g) or is this a fad? I assume with the new raid, the buckles will sell well great at least until all the wings of LFR are open for a bit. However I hear engineers will need a shit ton of the steel for a new mount they are hoping to get rich off. comments?

2. Got my trillium ingot plans pretty quickly and I am using my daily CD. I may have missed 2-3 days....I am about 20 days away from a 553 craft. How much can I expect? Some ppl say the first wave should get about 50K per and that DPS plate will be sell better than tank (given the ratios) comments?

Aside from these two revenue streams anything else I should be looking into? I have alchemy, JC, herbing, mining, and inscript on tap to compliment the Blacksmith, but I tend to use the BS to make money, its pretty straight forward and does not require a lot of micro management. Thanks.

people will pay no where near 50k because people do not recognize the fact that you took 30 days to make it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    When a new player or Alt wants say, a new Shield and has to decide between grinding 10 000 Coins on the Island or an amount of Gold equivalent of 20 Ghost Iron Bars + Blacksmith Profit for a LV476 Shield, which is will he pick?

And just because players get a piece of 496 BoA Armor on the timeless Isle every now and then it doesn't mean that they will be miraculously with plate armor in every slot instantly. And that is just for PvE Heroes, for PvP players the 476 Crafted Gear is even better than 496 PvE Items.
    my level 86 be deathknight that I am ONLY leveling for double agent, has a full set of 496 tokens sitting in his mailbox compliments of my ally main. these all dropped day one.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    people will pay no where near 50k because people do not recognize the fact that you took 30 days to make it.
    The plans aren't rare, only RNG based. The drop to start learning patterns isn't rare. The material requirements are very easy to meet. Everyone with level 600 Blacksmithing can craft them, making them the most accessible current tier crafted epics to date. Your daily cooldown won't be valued highly because of these reasons. You'd be crazy to expect crazy profits when all you did was spend 5 seconds per day doing a craft.