Simcraft question for Enhancement

I think (or rather am pretty sure) that I am doing something wrong. Whenever I have tried to run a sim on my character just to see where i stand with reforging and if I am close to the point where I should be trying to start to change over to mastery, I get stat weights that seem to be at end with everything I have seen so far as to what our stat weights should be.

While I obviously would not get the same exact stat weights that I had seen in other sims, it was also of a similar vein, ie, for the last patch haste > mastery > crit. However now, when i try to run a sim on my character (link below) analyzing agilty, attack power, expertise hit, crit, haste and mastery the results I am getting are

agi = 6.89
    mastery = 3.49
    crit = 3.00
    haste = 2.79

which again seems to go against what i have been commonly seeing on this and other sites, being that depending on gear level haste and mastery could switch places as far as which has the priority, but that crit was always the last of the 3.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this? The version of simcraft I am running is 540-2, and this is my armory link.

I'm running into the same issue, and whenever I ask for answers I get the generic crit is bad stay away.

But my crit is simming very close to mastery even, and I am at a 535 ilvl. I am unsure of when haste will overtake crit but if we can get someone smarter than I to chime in I'd love to hear what they have to say. I'm leery to make the switch to crit over hast but if its gonna net me the extra 1k dps simcraft is telling me i'm gonna have to do it.

my most recent sim was at
    agi = 5.56
    mastery = 2.89
    crit = 2.71
    haste = 2.06

People conflate "worst stat" with "bad stat." Crit is our worst stat - if your character is optimized, then chances are you'll have less crit than you'll have haste or mastery. That doesn't mean that crit is a bad stat, or even that we want 0 crit or as close to 0 crit as possible. Stats scale off of one another. If you have a boatload of haste and mastery and very little crit, then crit will be relatively more valuable for you than it would be if the reverse were true.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-09-23 at 08:55 PM.

When you get an unexpected result from SimulationCraft, you may have reached or passed a stat cap or plateau that can cause the value of a stat to change significantly. Under the Options tab, go to Reforge Plots and set a reforge amount of 1k or 2k, with steps of 100, 200, or 250. Make sure to check "Plot Reforge Options for" both Haste and Mastery. Enhancement is a weird spec, and stats bounce around in value all over the place. On your Results page, you'll end up with a chart like below (I ran it with reforge amount of 1000, steps of 100):

I've labeled three points on this graph:
    Point B is your DPS as it stands. With my Haste and Mastery sitting where they are, I'm projected to do 207,512 DPS.
    Point A is what happens to my DPS if I reforge 100 Haste to Mastery. I should lose around 150 DPS.
    Point C is what happens to my DPS if I reforge 300 Mastery to Haste. I should gain around 50 DPS.

Those DPS changes are pretty close to the error margin, so it's not worth making any changes to my build based on that data. If the difference in DPS were more significant, that might help me identify a breakpoint I want to reach for Haste before dumping more points into Mastery. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    When you get an unexpected result from SimulationCraft, you may have reached or passed a stat cap or plateau that can cause the value of a stat to change significantly. Under the Options tab, go to Reforge Plots and set a reforge amount of 1k or 2k, with steps of 100, 200, or 250. Make sure to check "Plot Reforge Options for" both Haste and Mastery. Enhancement is a weird spec, and stats bounce around in value all over the place. On your Results page, you'll end up with a chart like below (I ran it with reforge amount of 1000, steps of 100):

I've labeled three points on this graph:
    Point B is your DPS as it stands. With my Haste and Mastery sitting where they are, I'm projected to do 207,512 DPS.
    Point A is what happens to my DPS if I reforge 100 Haste to Mastery. I should lose around 150 DPS.
    Point C is what happens to my DPS if I reforge 300 Mastery to Haste. I should gain around 50 DPS.

Those DPS changes are pretty close to the error margin, so it's not worth making any changes to my build based on that data. If the difference in DPS were more significant, that might help me identify a breakpoint I want to reach for Haste before dumping more points into Mastery. Or vice versa.

OK, I am trying with the reforge points , but I just want to be that I am understanding this correctly. For my specific example, if your guess is correct (and i will post back results when it finishes) it is not really telling me that crit is that good for me to take, but rather, at that specific point, because of the amount of haste and mastery I may have, i would be valuing points in crit more?

Sorry if the question is a little confusing.

**Edit

This is the graph that I came back with,

1) I am correct in interpretating that this says as i reforge may haste into mastery my damage should be going up?

2) Is this based on the talents that I have currently or is this an overall thing?

3) How would I read this to interpret the issues I am having with crit showing so high or would I need to run this with a crit reforge plot as well?
    Last edited by Bstyles601; 2013-09-24 at 02:27 AM.