Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If its a multiple choice test your professor wont be able to tell through Blackboard if you cheated on the test. Blackboard wouldnt even tell them you cheated if there were short answer questions or fill in the blanks. The only way to find out if people cheated on a multiple choice test is if lots of people get the same easy questions wrong and even then you cant prove it unless the unauthorized test answers are found or someone tells the professor about it. Then the only way they will know about you is if its on your university email or someone pointed you out.

Answers you write can implicate you if several people write the exact same words or even use the exact same methods to answer a question when there are many more ways to do it.

However, professors who give multiple choice exams online probably dont care much that you can cheat or they would not make it so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Yeah right, if you had that much of a conscience you would not have cheated in the first place.
    Humans never bypass their own morality for a short time, nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you have an email open with a lockdown browser. It's suppose to ...well lockdown your browser, or did you just print the email.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I have no problems with people cheating as long as they are smart enough to not get caught, my problem stems from someone thinking I am stupid enough to think he will admit to his crime even if he does not get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    I accept full responsibility if or when I get caught. But my question is how can they prove I did. I took the test on a site called blackboard(http://www.blackboard.com/) . It was not taken on a lockdown browser. I did however have the answers to the test in an email that was open while I was taking the test. Can they really see what websites/ windows were open?

My stupidity was beyond me, if I don't get caught ill tell on myself it wasnt fair to other students.
    Haha how cute.

Cheat. You take any advantage you can to get the best grades you can. Don't think for a second those other people in your class wouldn't do the same.

Besides, if you are using Blackboard it is not like your in a high level course of any real importance yet. At least, I'd hope than any high level course wouldn't use Blackboard...
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-09-22 at 11:17 PM.

I have no problems with people cheating as long as they are smart enough to not get caught, my problem stems from someone thinking I am stupid enough to think he will admit to his crime even if he does not get caught.
    Some people do do that, though. I've had somebody come into my store admitting he had shoplifted when we had no idea, he just felt really bad about it after doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahah blackboard tests....everyone cheats on those man.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Whut?

If you don't get caught you are fine. Cheat to win my little friend, cheat to win.
    Cheating is for losers

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you're golden. I use blackboard a lot, and with my google-fu I don't even have to study because of it. If you're on a home computer they've got no way to see what else you have open.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Honestly, people who cheat is on them. Would you want a doctor who cheated his way to success operate on you? That's how I look at it.
    You rang?

Aaaaaanyway. I dont see the dilemma. Surely your grades are not dependent on an online test taken without supervision. You are only fooling yourself and dont get to see the actual level you are on and where to improve.

The NSA knows your cheating.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You dont see people's morals when things are easy. You see them when they are challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    You can tell when people are cheating on a test when you type it in Google not even halfway and the whole question, word for word, comes up in the recommended bar.

Honestly, people who cheat is on them. Would you want a doctor who cheated his way to success operate on you? That's how I look at it.
    What if it is used to get through gen ed courses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Cheating is for losers
    Cheating is for opportunists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Cheating is for opportunists.
    or for those not smart enough to really know the material!

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    What if it is used to get through gen ed courses?
    Im not sure what silly education system lets people through by taking any kind of tests unsupervised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    or for those not smart enough to really know the material!
    Memorizing and regurgitating information onto a piece of paper isn't a sign of higher intelligence!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Im not sure what silly education system lets people through by taking any kind of tests unsupervised.
    Fuck knows, never happened when I was at university that for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, Blackboard is a shitty shitty website for test-taking. Jesus fuck, it's always down.

Secondly, it's an online class of course they know people will just google shit up. In the end, you're the looser since you don't really learn material

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck knows, never happened when I was at university that for sure.
    It is likely that this is a small test or quiz. An unsupervised exam on blackboard would be incredibly stupid.