Dark Shaman Oozes and Pets

So to keep it short and sweet, we have two hunters in our guild and both of our pets die on almost every single ooze phase. Is there a trick to this that we're missing short of preemptively pulling our pet away to some useless location until the oozes are dead? They're not getting agro on the oozes either, I've tested that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    So to keep it short and sweet, we have two hunters in our guild and both of our pets die on almost every single ooze phase. Is there a trick to this that we're missing short of preemptively pulling our pet away to some useless location until the oozes are dead? They're not getting agro on the oozes either, I've tested that.
    Mine kept dying all the time, I figured it was the Ashen Wall I think since the Oozes only do damage to people that have agro, and pets shouldn't have on that unless you play BM or MD the adds.

same problem for locks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Mine kept dying all the time, I figured it was the Ashen Wall I think since the Oozes only do damage to people that have agro, and pets shouldn't have on that unless you play BM or MD the adds.
    Oozes don't only do damage to their aggro target, they have an aura around them.
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/144064-foulness

I'm pretty sure it is ash elemental aka walls, not the oozes. Atleast my pet took zero damage from ooze, but 3.5mil from walls.
    Damage taken from
    Actor Amount
    Ash Elemental 3451332 100.0 %
    So yeah... Just need to watch for walls

Deleted
    Had no issues with the oozes myself either, and I activate Beast Cleave as they spawn. Their melee damage is below 15k for as far as I could see so your pet shouldn't be dying from that. No clue if the wall are the problem because we spread them out and I didn't even see a wall in the whole fight.

Hmm, it's likely the wall then. I didn't consider that. Thanks for the responses guys.

It's the ash elementals- I checked my logs- they are hitting my pet for 200-300k. If the tank doesn't move the target far enough away right after the wall spawns, or if the angle is really bad, the pet can easily die before it gets away from the elementals. The aura from the oozes isn't very high damage, and I would expect since it's an aoe effect that it's probably reduced by avoidance. The ash elementals are actually meleeing anything nearby, and since that isn't AoE, the pet takes full damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Pets to passive and manually sit them on the boss?

Don't have your hunters/locks on Earthbreaker. Be on wavebinder.. and put the Earthbreaker WAY up that rightside path at the door to the next boss.

I switched survival for this fight and just stuck my pet on one of bosses.

Pets don't die to the Oozes, they do like no damage to them, it's the Ashen Wall.