Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Garrosh 10m tips.

Heyo!

Just looking for some tips or pointers regarding our tactic, anything you think we should change to make it easier on us? Please share your experience!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6dvh2pdmckqld36k/
    Those are the logs for last raid.

P1
    -
    Our tactic for p1 is pretty solid, having no problems there.
    Using 1 tank to pick up mobs to the boss, then the other tank overaggros them to get all the aggro, insane vengeance and nuke stuff down. For the ironstarts we got typhoon x2 to push in the adds every single time.
    The hunter is killing ironstar on one side to ensure we only get one.
    We got 2 markers next to garrosh's chair, one to the left of it and one to the right.
    We stand on one and wait for desecrate, move to next marker, dot up the axe and before next comes that axe is dead.

P1 goes smooth, we push transition with no adds left alive and healers can both be at 100% mana on most tries. No problems here.

The transition phases isn't hard either, when we're inside the hearth, we got a solid tactic for that aswell and rarely mess it up.

P2
    -
    Hard stuff starts in p2, at the beginning it's easy. Sometimes our dps on MC is low enough for us to get a third MC.
    We normally push him to 45% hp before the second realm of ysaarhj starts. On one very good try we managed to push him 40%.
    After the second realm of ysaarhj when his whirlwind-thingy becomes empowered and we get adds we start having problem.
    --
    --
    --
    Our tactic for this is to stand at one of the markers i spoke about earlier. We get desecrate, move to next marker and dot the axe up. Within 1-2 seconds of reaching the new marker we get MC. We nuke down MC as good as we can. Once MC is gone we have about 4 seconds for the next whirlwind-thingy to happen. Before it happens we spread out in the room, using 1 raid cooldown to stay alive and wait for the adds to spawn.
    As the adds are spawning we all take one target each.

For example, if 1 add spawns on our mage, then that add is HIS target. He and he alone will kill it, away from others.
    Every dps solo's the add that spawns on top of them in order to make sure no adds gets buffed.
    The tanks usually get 2-3 adds since healers can't keep aggro on their adds. And sometimes dps loose aggro from their add (Tank healing aggro too stronk). In either case we try to singletarget nuke those down, and if we get many tanks just pop cooldowns to survive the later ones with many stacks of the buff.

We finish this part as quick as we can, before we finish and before we stack up we usually get desecrate again. This one isn't really positioned well, but the position on it haven't really been a problem yet. It's what comes after. We get MC around 1-2 seconds after that desecrate, and it's not always that we have had time to stack back up on one of the markers, so dps on those MC targets may be low at times which results in us getting a third MC.

We survive that aswell most of the time by just brute-healing it.
    The next time that garrosh does his Whirlwind-thingy we spread out as normal but instead of killing the adds we just nuke the boss to push him 10%. If done correctly we get him to 10% before he puts us in the realm once more.

P3
    -
    We've only gotten this far like 1 time, but the plan is to get the adds down during transition (when he's channeling power from the hearth) and then find a point to stack up on and then move as a group, ignoring all adds from that point and just nuking boss.

TL;DR - This wall of text is basically our entire tactic for the Garrosh encounter. Looking for tips on how to improve it, like things we should change.
    Last edited by mmoc785098bf0a; 2013-09-22 at 10:56 PM.

I'd be interested to hear how people have been dealing with it as well, my own raid has come close to a kill but we're running into the same issues, dealing with adds from the empowered whirling corruptions isn't as clean as I'd like it to be (and seems to be the biggest roadblock in the fight really), and the desecrate and mc that come soon after pretty much cause the attempt to unravel from there.
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2013-09-23 at 01:28 AM.

We have been going in to p3 now on most of our attempts. We face the same problem adds in p3 do we kill or leave the adds up?
    Last edited by Squinty; 2013-09-24 at 03:18 AM.

We just didn't even bother with killing the adds in phase 3. We just split them up as with phase 2, but didn't bother killing the adds, The boss died about 5-10 seconds after the second MC. We didn't use lust in the first phase since its an intro phase anyways, and just saved it for phase 3. The main thing that people need to understand is to ALWAYS be stacked for the MC cast, and to prioritize that over anything else. It was the largest source of our wipes. make sure you have a clean transition since Garrosh heals 20%, the lower you can get him while he's RPing the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    We just didn't even bother with killing the adds in phase 3. We just split them up as with phase 2, but didn't bother killing the adds, The boss died about 5-10 seconds after the second MC. We didn't use lust in the first phase since its an intro phase anyways, and just saved it for phase 3. The main thing that people need to understand is to ALWAYS be stacked for the MC cast, and to prioritize that over anything else. It was the largest source of our wipes. make sure you have a clean transition since Garrosh heals 20%, the lower you can get him while he's RPing the better.
    Pretty much this. Try to spread the adds, but don't kill them. There's no point and the damage isn't that high. Letting one MC get through can easily cause a wipe in P3. The Touch of Y'shaarj casts will just spiral out of control and it'll be over.
    We also saved BL for the last phase. We tried using it at the start of P1 and P2, but it simply went so much better once we started using it on P3.

Gotta run for my train. I'll update with better information later, if I don't forget. (I probably will, sorry)

Deleted
    I can't access your logs, but if you're running with a pala tank, make him take off his rigtheous fury before adds spawn.

Also, we found placing the weapon and then running to melee was a far easier and more efficient way to deal with MC's, as tank interrupts, melee cleave and stuff made the ability less painful. So essentially:

Grp 1 run to Balcony side, grp 2 run to throne side, place descecrated wep, run to melee, deal with mc, dot up wep, run to mark 25 yards away from boss spread out/stack (depending on whether it's empowered or not). Rinse and repeat.

In the last phase, make sure your healing CDs are coordinated really well. Also, make sure people have personals and healthstones rdy for one of the waves. At 25 yards distance to the boss you will take the lowest amount of damage that you can, so never venture to far away.

Use BL in p3.
    Last edited by mmoc609ce7fdad; 2013-09-23 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    We killed this yesterday, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this happening as well.

Sometimes when we got into phase 3, all abilties lined up within 2-3 secs. So we started with getting 2 ppl MC'ed, then 1 sec later we got desecrated weapon and 1 second later we got whirling corruption. On our kill this happend as well, and like half the raid died from it, as its a lot of dmg, plus the desecrated lands directly on the MC'ed ppl as we're stacked so its really hard to get ppl out the MC with all the dmg going on at the same time.

It didn't happen on all phase 3 attempts, but we did see it 3 times, I am wondering if there is something you can do to avoid this.

Deleted
    Te difference for us between many 1% wipes and the kill was actually focusing the adds down in p3. We tried to cheese it but our healers couldn't keep tanks up whilst maintaining raid healing also. I believe some guilds 3 heal it when in which case it is probably viable to ignore them but judging by the fact you're about 6 or 7% behind us in dps going into p2 transition (he's normally at about 38% for us) then i doubt you will have the dps to push him before the add gib your tanks.

Also it appears that your logs are private so I can't see if you're two or three healing.

Deleted
    You may want to not spread out for the beginning of empowered whirling corruption at all. Just spread out lightly when they spawn. This made our attempts much more smooth. We did not kill it yet though, as we get behind on dps (7% or so) when we get the third or so empowered adds. At that point we are struggling to get down the adds and stack in order to get the MC's stunned and broken.

Deleted
    Sorry about that.
    Logs should be public now
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6dvh2pdmckqld36k/

Also for todays raid we'll have to use a shadow priest instead of one of the mages, shadow priest has less gear aswell so we'll end up with overall lower dps.
    This leads me to believe we'll have one extra realm of y'saarhj phase in p2.
    So, one Y'saarhj at the start of p2
    one at around 50% i guess
    and one more at around 15-20ish something.

Will this hurt us much, or is it still doable?

It should be noted that any DPS you do to Garrosh *during* his final phase channeling time is still done. When he finishes, he simply heals for 20% of his health, not back to 30%. We heroed+pots+CDs with healers DPSing during intermission and got him to 20% before he started fighting us again. Because of this, I would suggest that you tick him to 10% when you have no adds up, so that you can benefit from this.

Another thing to note is that the mind control cast requires somewhat melee range before it can begin. This means that if you are in the process of moving between markers, you can usually keep running and the MCs will follow you (assuming they weren't ahead of you when they were mind controlled).

While it is doable even if you have three intermissions, I would highly recommend against it. It is also sounding like you are getting a lot of adds exploding on one another. This increases their max health and causes a lot of wasted time. Do you have a hunter/holy paladin who could taunt these adds out from the tank when they are going to die?

You also do not need to be spread when whirling corruption casts, you can be stacked for 3-4 seconds and then move out, this does help healing considerably.

Any reason your monk tank does not use his xuen? That ability is easily add +10-15% of his dps.

I just check your other logs and found out that he never use Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger in all your bosses kills.
    Last edited by archkiller; 2013-09-23 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    I checked your paladin's healing as well. In some of your longer tries (I'm looking specifically at try #10 and #11 which last 9:22 minutes and 9:05 minutes respectively) he is only using holy shock around 35 times. That means it's off cooldown an awful lot. Optimally, in 9 minutes, 22 seconds, he should be able to fit in around 93 if my math is correct. That's around 60 more hp and an awful lot of healing that you're missing out on. He can cast this while running. Also, I don't see him using Crusader Strike at all which also generates holy power for more healing (most of his burst healing come from holy shock and holy power).

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wwaxx2tmw86h903x/ - Our logs from today. Can you guys check where do we have problem? I guess it's DPS. We get 3rd intermission and even them after we finish it Boss is ~20 %, but what's the reason? Overall 3rd intermission wouldn't be problem if 5 seconds prior to it adds spawned which leaves us with room filled with adds after we back from intermission... Where do we lose DPS? I know it must suck cause I as ele shaman am 1st-2nd on Garrosh damage taken (not overall raid dmg but Garrosh himself) which means rest dps must sux, but usually on rest of bosses I'm last in Skada...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wwaxx2tmw86h903x/ - Our logs from today. Can you guys check where do we have problem? I guess it's DPS. We get 3rd intermission and even them after we finish it Boss is ~20 %, but what's the reason? Overall 3rd intermission wouldn't be problem if 5 seconds prior to it adds spawned which leaves us with room filled with adds after we back from intermission... Where do we lose DPS? I know it must suck cause I as ele shaman am 1st-2nd on Garrosh damage taken (not overall raid dmg but Garrosh himself) which means rest dps must sux, but usually on rest of bosses I'm last in Skada...
    Few things. Don't know about your rogue's gear, but he should be much higher. Ours pulled almost 250k in ~555 ilvl gear. Melee should in general be high at the end of the fight. Our ele shaman is also quite high, though, so don't worry too much about that. In general I see your DPS is very low across the board.

Also, your druid could do some valuable damage with Heart of Wild in the beginning, as your hpala can easily keep the raid up at that point, but it's probably not what's wiping you.

Also, your hpala is not really maximizing his holy shock output which means he doesn't get enough holy power. If he started using crusader strike/holy shock more often he could easily buy you some more time.
    Last edited by mmoc609ce7fdad; 2013-09-24 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Workwork View Post
    Few things. Don't know about your rogue's gear, but he should be much higher. Ours pulled almost 400k in ~555 ilvl gear. .
    400k over all 3 Phases ?? Please..come on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by booker2000 View Post
    400k over all 3 Phases ?? Please..come on
    It's funny because the top WoL ranking for rogues for Garrosh is 310k dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    It's funny because the top WoL ranking for rogues for Garrosh is 310k dps.
    True. I didn't remember that correctly. I just checked our log, and he pulled 250. Still considerately higher than their rogue, which still makes my point. Get some more gear, or practice your rotation on a target dummy.

I haven't bothered checking up on your ilvl, but I did more DPS in my 530 ilvl ret offspec than most of your dps, so maybe it's time to ask your players to practice their spec.
    Last edited by mmoc609ce7fdad; 2013-09-24 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Workwork View Post
    True. I didn't remember that correctly. I just checked our log, and he pulled 250. Still considerately higher than their rogue, which still makes my point. Get some more gear, or practice your rotation on a target dummy.

I haven't bothered checking up on your ilvl, but I did more DPS in my 530 ilvl ret offspec than most of your dps, so maybe it's time to ask your players to practice their spec.
    Remember that they wiped on it. This obviously lowers numbers a lot.

The only thing I would really point out is the damage that your tank(s) is doing. Your main tank seems to be the paladin, he should be doing more with that vengeance of his. Your monk should also up his damage a bit.

Keep going at it. Your longest pulls were at 9 min and something. Going by our first kill, the boss must have been 5% or so from entering the last phase. Last phase was a one shot after about 40 wipes in phase 1 and 2, so don't be discouraged.

Last night our raid got the kill, was cake after we did what was suggested here to ignore adds at the end.

Ones again thank you guys!