Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Klaxxi - Y'shaarj worship

So if the klaxxi worship the old god as they state, why didn't they attempt to stop Garrosh from using the heart altogether (better yet, why isn't it buried in the Wastes vs. the Vale?).

It was buried in the vale most likely because the Shado-Pan were keeping it away from the Klaxxi out of fear they might bring the old god back somehow. Just a guess. As for why they didn't stop Garrosh from using the heart, my assumption is because they were dead.

Why would they stop Garrosh? He revived the heart back to life (partly).
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Even the Shado-Pan seem surprised by the heart there. What probably happened is that the Titans locked the heart away in the chamber (The one with Norushen, a very blantantly obvious non-fleshified Mogu) and charged the original Mogu with watching over the Vale. Which is why the original Mogu were in the Vale to begin with.

To be honest, the entire bit with the Devs insisting that "y'shaarj is dead" and then we find its still-beating heart in a cage designed by Titans to keep it contained because, surprise surprise, they couldn't destroy it and it continues to have intentions and the ability to implant suggestions and power into those that call upon it.

The Klaxxi specifically were waiting for their god to come back. They'd have no information about its rebirth and capture by Garrosh until it sent out a signal only their race would be aware of. Clearly this "dead" heart wouldn't have been calling to be recaptured considering the feast that Garrosh was presenting it.

Another giant, throbbing question here is: Where is that heart in the final cinematic? Seriously, I can get over Garrosh not having any visual changes to let you know he's injured but why isn't the heart there? Did a random group of mortals destroy something the Titans couldn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    To be honest, the entire bit with the Devs insisting that "y'shaarj is dead" and then we find its still-beating heart in a cage designed by Titans to keep it contained because, surprise surprise, they couldn't destroy it and it continues to have intentions and the ability to implant suggestions and power into those that call upon it.

The Klaxxi specifically were waiting for their god to come back. They'd have no information about its rebirth and capture by Garrosh until it sent out a signal only their race would be aware of. Clearly this "dead" heart wouldn't have been calling to be recaptured considering the feast that Garrosh was presenting it.

Another giant, throbbing question here is: Where is that heart in the final cinematic? Seriously, I can get over Garrosh not having any visual changes to let you know he's injured but why isn't the heart there? Did a random group of mortals destroy something the Titans couldn't?
    There's a quest in the aftermath where you take a fragment of his heart to the Eternal Vale, and the fragment appears largely inert. Garrosh seems to have drained the heart of its power and then used it up in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's a quest in the aftermath where you take a fragment of his heart to the Eternal Vale, and the fragment appears largely inert. Garrosh seems to have drained the heart of its power and then used it up in battle.
    So this mean they cant kill garrosh and they probably will seal him in a random place in pandaria right? if they kill him the corruption will spread again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the last of Y'Shaarj exists within him or its been completely expended, the last bit of heat from a doused fire. That would mean Y'Shaarj is finally really gone completely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Either the last of Y'Shaarj exists within him or its been completely expended, the last bit of heat from a doused fire. That would mean Y'Shaarj is finally really gone completely.
    Which may, in fact, give the solution needed to finally defeat the Old Gods for good...

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Which may, in fact, give the solution needed to finally defeat the Old Gods for good...
    Let someone drain the power and beat the crap out of him/her/it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilden View Post
    Let someone drain the power and beat the crap out of him/her/it?
    If that's what it takes to kill an ancient and otherwise undestroyable evil, I'm sure you might find someone willing to sacrifice themselves to draw the last of its power out. Mind you, once they have that power, they might not be so willing to part with it easily...

the titans buried the heart under the vale, not the shado pan. the vale is a titan life maker like sholazar and ungoro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    So this mean they cant kill garrosh and they probably will seal him in a random place in pandaria right? if they kill him the corruption will spread again.
    Garrosh wasn't corrupted using the powers of the Heart of Y'shaarj. He was in complete control the whole time; no manipulation, no possession, no corruption. Garrosh effectively weaponized an Old God.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Garrosh wasn't corrupted using the powers of the Heart of Y'shaarj. He was in complete control the whole time; no manipulation, no possession, no corruption. Garrosh effectively weaponized an Old God.
    That conflicts with the actions of the Klaxxi, though. They wouldn't be serving Garrosh unless Garrosh was under Y'Shaarj's influence. I imagine that they'd be rather opposed to Garrosh if he had effectively enslaved and weaponized Y'shaarj.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    That conflicts with the actions of the Klaxxi, though. They wouldn't be serving Garrosh unless Garrosh was under Y'Shaarj's influence. I imagine that they'd be rather opposed to Garrosh if he had effectively enslaved and weaponized Y'shaarj.
    They heard the whispers of the Heart of Y'shaarj.

From the Dungeon Journal:

'The nine surviving Klaxxi'va Paragons are ancient champions of the mantid who fought alongside the Wakener against the madness of Empress Shek'zeer. But the paragons, as do all mantid, hold a far deeper loyalty. When Garrosh unearthed the heart of Y'Shaarj, the paragons followed the whispers of their ancient creator to the iron halls beneath Orgrimmar.'

So one could assume that they were either coming to retrieve the Heart, or saw Garrosh as an avatar of Y'shaarj.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

They heard the whispers of the Heart of Y'shaarj.

From the Dungeon Journal:

'The nine surviving Klaxxi'va Paragons are ancient champions of the mantid who fought alongside the Wakener against the madness of Empress Shek'zeer. But the paragons, as do all mantid, hold a far deeper loyalty. When Garrosh unearthed the heart of Y'Shaarj, the paragons followed the whispers of their ancient creator to the iron halls beneath Orgrimmar.'

So one could assume that they were either coming to retrieve the Heart, or saw Garrosh as an avatar of Y'shaarj.
    If Y'shaarj is whispering to them, then that means Y'shaarj is calling their shots, and if Y'shaarj is calling their shots and telling them to work with Garrosh, then whatever he wants to be happening with Garrosh is happening.

The corruption of the Old Gods doesn't always lead one to serve the Old Gods, knowingly or overtly. Deathwing's a great example, as he was influenced/corrupted by them but not actually serving them an obvious or overt way. As far as everyone else was concerned, he'd just gone off the deep end, as some people comment that Garrosh has; for example, leaving Gorehowl behind.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-09-23 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    If Y'shaarj is whispering to them, then that means Y'shaarj is calling their shots, and if Y'shaarj is calling their shots and telling them to work with Garrosh, then whatever he wants to be happening with Garrosh is happening.
    I imagine, being reduced to a heart, despite Garrosh reanimating it with the waters of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Y'shaarj couldn't do much, and since Garrosh was more than willing to use the heart for his own ends, going with it was fine for Y'Shaarj, especially since Garrosh wanted to use the heart to empower his soldiers (See: Malkorok). Allowing Garrosh to 'use' the heart was a way of attempting to regain influence over the world, as evidently during the boss fight against Garrosh, the heart periodically whispers random quotes to raid members.

' Garrosh Hellscream yells: The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL... HAVE... MY... WORLD!' From the sound of that quote, the Heart might have whispered to Garrosh, as well.

Of course, I think I read the heart is destroyed for good by the end of the boss fight; either destroyed by the raid, or Garrosh draws all the power he had been able to revitalize it from it during the fight.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2013-09-23 at 08:02 AM.

I imagine, being reduced to a heart, despite Garrosh reanimating it with the waters of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Y'shaarj couldn't do much, and since Garrosh was more than willing to use the heart for his own ends, going with it was fine for Y'Shaarj, especially since Garrosh wanted to use the heart to empower his soldiers (See: Malkorok). Allowing Garrosh to 'use' the heart was a way of attempting to regain influence over the world, as evidently during the boss fight against Garrosh, the heart periodically whispers random quotes to raid members.

' Garrosh Hellscream yells: The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL... HAVE... MY... WORLD!' From the sound of that quote, the Heart might have whispered to Garrosh, as well.

Of course, I think I read the heart is destroyed for good by the end of the boss fight; either destroyed by the raid, or Garrosh draws all the power he had been able to revitalize it from it during the fight.
    How I think it is is that Garrosh willingly exposed himself to the heart and, as a result, its influence. Everything that we know about Old Gods suggests that just being around them is enough to subject one's self to their whims, and basking in their power is pretty much a sure way to come under their influence. That doesn't mean that Garrosh used the Heart for all his various tricks under the direction of Y'shaarj, but in doing so he has likely come under Y'shaarj's influence, and thus the Klaxxi serve him as a minion of the Old God. That, or they serve him expecting the inevitability that he'll eventually be under Y'shaarj's control, because that's what Old Gods tend to do.

At the end of the day, though, I think that Garrosh must be acting according to Y'shaarj's will, one way or another, or else the Klaxxi would be made hostile towards him through the whispers of Y'shaarj himself.

I don't think Garrosh was yet simply a pawn of the Old God's will, it was swiftly leading him onto the path with visions but hadn't had time to establish itself yet. It brought its old servants in both to make its promises of conquest sound more likely and to make sure he was protected in its grasp until it could firmly attach itself.

They should have eaten the heart. It looks delicious.