Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Beats me they should just sell cloaks on the timeless island for the people without a legendary this is just so poorly designed.

I had to main swap for our heroic prog, which means I was welllll behind on legendary quest line. I am now only 1/12 runestones.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of our healers still doesn't have the legendary cloak. I'm sure she greatly appreciates the cloak she got yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hey chuck. Some people play all their specs. Some will actually get access to heroic upgrades. Or heroic warforged. Valor matters if you can spend it.

WORTHLESS is the thousands of bracers that flooded the market in Cata. Valor is finally worth collecting.

- - - Updated - - -

Really because what i read was a plea to common sense. Please have a horrible day.
    Well, congratulations. You have succeeded in making two things abundantly clear in your past couple of posts. That you don't mind looking like a fool, and that math isn't one of your strongest assets.

Everyone on my main team has their legendary cloaks, so cloak drops are just free shards and spirits and really don't benefit beyond that.

However, none of my alts have the legendary cloak as it is just too much hassle to be bothered to do all that crap on every single character. Those alts are geared enough for SoO raiding, and i'll be glad to get a nice cloak to drop for me then. Especially since no one else will want it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys and gals (specially posters on the previous page). Stay constructive and stay on topic. Don't attack each other.

Blizzard does a few loot things that don't make sense sometimes. This is nothing compared to the 3 or 4 rogue weapons in DS when DS had freebee rogue legendary weapons and at the very lest 2 types of free epic and upgraded epic weapons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The content isn't designed assuming everyone has one. They made a comment about this awhile back. It's probably tuned to 1-2 people having it as there are many guilds who will probably only see that many due to other members not wanting to put much effort into it, bad RNG, etc.

Since most people won't have a cloak they put it on the table so they have a chance at a better cloak overall.

So if you have a legendary cloak, take it as free shards and move on.
    FREE. FREE. There is nothing Free about them. I'm sorry but in heroic raiding where gear is a needed tool and cloaks are the equivalent to handing you a spoon when you asked for a hammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Blizzard does a few loot things that don't make sense sometimes. This is nothing compared to the 3 or 4 rogue weapons in DS when DS had freebee rogue legendary weapons and at the very lest 2 types of free epic and upgraded epic weapons.
    Yes because every rogue did the legendary at the same time. Screw the other 2-3 rogues in raid. Sorry this post doesn't work and was already posted about. Thanks.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-23 at 08:06 AM.

Yeah, Blizz just do that sometimes, lol.

How about two holy pala helmets from the first four bosses? And both helmets have bad stats?

They should just put cloaks into valor vendors and totally remove them from droplists. I realise that not every people out there has legendary cloak; what I don't understand is why my raid of ten people must suffer unneeded drop during progression? You could just say that instead of two items from a killed boss we got one, since we all have our cloaks already.

Alts that don't have legendary cloaks, mains that were doing all the raids throughout the whole expansion but didn't do the legendary chain in some sort of rebellion.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Not everyone has the cloak. In fact, many don't.
    2 - Perfect items suited to your needs will not always drop.

The only difference now is more loot is personalized with rolls, flex and LFR.
    So now this is an excuse to get more... personal about it?

No. It's not. It's random. Heroic too. You run heroics? Probably a similar drop rate.
    A cloak dropping some of the time is not going to make gearing for heroics that much harder. Just a bit slower.
    However, chances for loot have never been better for items YOU can use thanks to rolls.

Sorry it's such an inconvenience.

The ONLY way this would be "stupid" is if Ordos, the boss you NEED a legendary cloak to kill, dropped cloaks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    From what I've read, >10% of the WoW playerbase actually has a cloak. And theres alts, new raiders, ect.
    Im not calling you a liar but im wondering can this really be true. Im on a 10man guild and we have around 25 to 30 legendary cloaks there. That means every main has one and several of their alts have one.

My friends guild which is also 10 man has also 20+ cloaks. Same thing as with us.

My other friend from another server who plays in 25 man guild claims they have over 70 legendary cloaks raiders and their alts combined.

Where are these people who dont have the cloak? Pvp'ers? Well they dont raid so they dont need the cloak drops. Non-raiders? Same thing as with pvpers.

I understand LFR, flex, and normal dropping cloaks. I really do.

But them dropping from heroic SoO is just bullshit no matter how you look at it. Everybody who raids heroic SoO has legendary cloak at this point.

Boss loot tables are already bloated to the point that getting that one particular item, especially on 10-man raiding where bosses drop less items, is extremely frustrating. Having useless cloaks take up those few loot drop slots is just bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    Im not calling you a liar but im wondering can this really be true. Im on a 10man guild and we have around 25 to 30 legendary cloaks there. That means every main has one and several of their alts have one.

My friends guild which is also 10 man has also 20+ cloaks. Same thing as with us.

My other friend from another server who plays in 25 man guild claims they have over 70 legendary cloaks raiders and their alts combined.

Where are these people who dont have the cloak? Pvp'ers? Well they dont raid so they dont need the cloak drops. Non-raiders? Same thing as with pvpers.

I understand LFR, flex, and normal dropping cloaks. I really do.

But them dropping from heroic SoO is just bullshit no matter how you look at it. Everybody who raids heroic SoO has legendary cloak at this point.

Boss loot tables are already bloated to the point that getting that one particular item, especially on 10-man raiding where bosses drop less items, is extremely frustrating. Having useless cloaks take up those few loot drop slots is just bad design.
    I totally understand your and the OP's point, if I was still actively raiding (only doing LFR and some PuGs nowadays) I would have the same stance on the issue. But you seem to vastly overestimate the amount of people who have cloaks. I don't have one since I just switched mains and I had a break from the game in summer. There are so many more casual players than there are active raiders that those raiders even with multiple cloaks could never make up for the amount of people without cloaks. To be fair, there are also casuals who have their cloak, but let's be realistic, they are definitely a minority.

Still, there are just too many people who simply don't care in the slightest to do the legendary quest.

Deleted
    Alts. I have about 5 other characters that don't have the cloak, and I'm not even planning to get them one.

Hey now I got a nice cloak in Flex that will tide me over while I'm still getting my Runestones.

I am a raider and don't have a cloak, because A) I switched to this toon late, like midway through ToT, and B) I've had terrible luck. Out of 10 possible bosses (4 in Flex SOO, 6 in ToT) this week that could drop Runestones, I got two and one of those was a given (Lei Shen LFR). It took me like two weeks to get the last Secrets that i needed, and when I started I had like 14 Wisdom to 5 Power. So.. yeah. At this rate I might have it in another month or so.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-09-23 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    It's not elitist at all, Blizz themself stated that the content is tuned for people having the cloak.
    Probably the reason why the only (?) cloaks are trashdrops, instead of bossloot.
    No. you read other people saying that blizzard stated so. If you not tried to read what blizzard said you would see they said the very opposite. Disadvantage to take second hand information as source is that it's often wrong

To OP:
    A lot still don't have it. We have people in our raid that still don't have it, because they've been changing chars during the game, and had to start over. Others have just been unlucky, or slow with part of the chain.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Person comes back to WoW for 5.4, they are lazy people? Get some perspective.
    This exactly, it's what I've done. So according to the OP, I should be stuck using my 522ilvl cloak until next expansion.

Actually, I believe this matter is nothing more than an attempt to artificially expand loot tables so players won't gear too fast.
    We already had a huge issue in bad/unlucky drops in 10 man raids for years. This matter just make it a lot worse.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of cloaks on top of the one I got this week from Immerseus before I have my BiS trinket. Ty Blizz.

Deleted
    You should ask the question why do heroic end bosses drop loot?

If your able to kill the last boss on hc, why do you need loot? what purpose does it serve?