Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The reason for the 535 ilvl is pretty obvious atm

Only people that raided HCs or SoO already will have such an high ilvl.
    That means that either they raid on heoric level, meaning that they should be not too bad, or that they already killed the bosses on normal mode.

Many people think that you can just go into Flex after "beating" LFR.
    Those people will slow down the Raid with their uberleet 80k dps...

No one needs those people.

Ofcourse there are exceptions, but thats what they are: Exceptions.

I think searching for 520+ with gold proving grounds acm would be the best course.
    Last edited by Karon; 2013-09-23 at 09:41 AM.

Also the asking for full clear achievement in the first week of the raid is lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say 510 is enogh for flex...thats kind of a alt geared by lfr.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    WoW logic : '' you need higher ilvl to do the place that drops lower ilvl than you have ''
    That's where you are wrong, hc scenarios "drop" valor points, which are useful at all gear levels, including 530+. You even have a timed event which incentivizes high DPS. Granted, when I got my main to 540+ ilvl I stopped caring what people I queue up with since I know I can carry the DPS check alone, but what's wrong with people wanting to queue with others of similar ilvl? If you saw professional basketball players playing for fun in your neighborhood court would you go up to them and demand to be let into their game?

Don't think the ilvl is the problem with these, It is more the "link achievement for 2nd part (those bosses were pisseasy on ptr, and that is even with lower ilvl :P) or no invite" thing that bothers myself... Ilvl is piss easy to get, farm dungeons to turn jp into honor or do bgs for 498 weapons, farm the isle for stuff, do lfr hc scenarios doesn't require an ilvl anymore so thats pretty much free loot... It should take about a week to get 535ilvl

The thing is though, which most people fail to understand, that for most raid leaders it is not a question or feeling of not being able to clear without a high ilvl...it is simply picking from the best available options.
    I might not ask for 535 ilvl for my flex groups...but when 2 people message me - one with 500 and one with 540, guess who am I going to take?

I lead/take part in pugs quite often. I almost never ever ask for minimum iLvL in my messages (I might have a modest bare minimum ilvl in my mind though). I know content can be cleared with much lower iLvLs than people demand (I had 3 people in the range of 480-500 ilvl for my week 1 flex group of 15 people. However when selecting one melee dps slot from a pool of 10 people who messaged me, it makes much much more sense for me to play safe and take the more geared one.

Note: In no way is gear > skill so if you can figure out a way to prove (scores from endless proving grounds perhaps) that you can pull your weight with your current gear, i certainly don't mind.

On a related note. Saturday evening I saw a guy looking for people for MSV heroic with 520 ilvl minimum and 6/6 heroic requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    On a related note. Saturday evening I saw a guy looking for people for MSV heroic with 520 ilvl minimum and 6/6 heroic requirement.
    The worst thing is, this actually makes slightly more sense than 535 for flex.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's kindof necessary when you get tells from people who are still in questing greens, wanting to run raid content. Then argue with you about how they are super leet and skill > gear, but what that really means is that they are too lazy to run dungeons for a starting gear set, and want to get carried.

535 is high for flex considering the difficulty level of flex mode. I mean really...lol.

Read up on the encounters and form your own group, OP Or find a good guild to run with (ideal solution).
    There is a difference being fully green geared, or missing the invite req by 5 ilvl
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

WoW logic : '' you need higher ilvl to do the place that drops lower ilvl than you have ''

yesterday I saw 530+ needed for a hc scenario and 535+ needed for ToT normal, sadly it's the mentality nowadays so you can either :

-Rage about it
    -Suck it up
    -Do the same thing one day and upset other people

I would recommend the 3th option, person once told me '' if u cant beat trolls u join them '' and while this ain't perse trolling it's still solid advice.
    Don't try and fix the problem if your the only one wanting it fixed and just join the swagkids and their retarded requirements for overgearing content.
    LOL I love these QQers, the thing is, you don't understand why people are asking for 530+, it's not to get the things done, but to do it quickly and to avoid any wipes, as they would have if they would carry you through the raid/scenario probably.

530 iLvl isn't hard to get anyways, I've been getting crap drops on my alt for 3 weeks already, barely any Flex or Raid drops, and still I'm 535... You should just suck it up and don't QQ about it. Why would people carry you if they can get better skilled and geared players? o.O
    Last edited by Stolberg; 2013-09-23 at 10:28 AM.
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

Flex loot is 548, 535 geared players still have many upgrades from there. Cloak also inflates average ilvl by 3-4 ilvl.

2/2 upgrade is standard. Any regularly played character should have full 2/2 upgrades on ToT gear, so 535 average ilvl is actually just full 522s, legendary cloak and 1-2 heroic ToT pieces.

Basically every single slot but the cloak can replaced with Flex gear if you currently have 535 ilvl.

Deleted
    Link the raid leader this:

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffffff00\124Hachievement:8454:"..strsub(UnitGUID"playe r",3)..":1:9:23:13:4294967295:4294967295:4294967295:4294967295\124h["..select(2,GetAchievementInfo(8454)).."]\124h\124r")

In fact learn to make achievement links and link them whatever you think they will need to let you in.

Do this a lot. Get others to do it. Eventually linking achieves will become meaningless. Fight the system!

Flex drops tier so I'll probably be running it even after I'm fully normal geared, and if I have bad trinket luck I'll probably keep running it.

I've had good luck putting together in-guild runs. I've joined 3 trade chat pugs who failed at Immersius. On the first two of those I topped the dps and healing meters (I'm a tank). I gave them 5 wipes and then I bailed. The last trade chat pug I was sorry to leave. They were failing hard, but they got a bit better each time and if they had had another tank who knew where to find his taunt button we might have beat enrage without me dying, rezzing, and dying again.

Of course they tried bringing in another tank with a lower item level and he just got wrecked. You really do need a minimum amount of health.

Legendary cape helps a lot too. We had an LFR hero in one of my guild flex raids who had never run with us because his hours are screwy, but he'd gotten the cape solely from LFR. His numbers were amazing for his gear level. We're definitely putting him on the substitution list if he's ever on when we're raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I'm seeing this a lot in General chat.
    If i had an ilevel of 535 i wouldn't be needing to run flex in the first place.

I got an Invite ones as 522 geared resto shaman for part 1 SOO but got kicked when they found out I've only done it in LFR.

I used to raid pretty hardcore in the past and mostly did heroic/hardmode raid content but that doesn't seem to carry any stock.
    Flex modes were designed around a guild group with good communication doing them at ilvl 500. The extra ilvl is necessary to account for the fact that you are in a pug.

- - - Updated - - -

Please share your wisdom with us , cause I was under the impression that you got 496 the day you hit 90 ( maybe 520 after a week when u get a few burdens and LFR gear.

But 520 ilvl on the same day you hit 90 ? nah
    505-510 is possible if you know where to get your Burden the first day and maybe get another one from luck. The big thing though is your weapon, you really are at the mercy of TOT RNG to get a decent weapon. I don´t think 520 would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    505-510 is possible if you know where to get your Burden the first day and maybe get another one from luck. The big thing though is your weapon, you really are at the mercy of TOT RNG to get a decent weapon. I don´t think 520 would be possible.
    The 502 blacksmith crafted weapons are an option for some classes if you have a lot of cash.

I really would like the people who are saying you don't need a ilevel req or it can be 500 to try and lead a flex raid. I've done 2 and I can honestly tell you that if you don't want to spend hours wiping you need to bring decent players. And the only way to do that is by asking for ilevel reqs or achievements. Flex is no cake walk, it can still be difficult if players are bad, which unfortunately the vast majority of players are.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I would say 510 is enogh for flex...thats kind of a alt geared by lfr.
    Fine for what? A guild group on vent with some coordination that read strats.. Or a full pug filled with strangers with little communication and where you can count on half the dps doing LFR style damage?

I would say 495 is enough if you are with friends who read strats, are using vent and overal learn from a wipe. But if you are spamming /2 for a pug.. 495 will get destroyed.

You have to demand a ´high´ ilvl for pugs because you have to realize 3 DPS are going to die to the first mechanism.... 2 dps are not going to kill adds... 3 dps are going to take more healing than tanks.. and 2 healers will be dpsing. That is what you get in pugs, and you can´t overcome a raid boss doing that at the minimum gear level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    The 502 blacksmith crafted weapons are an option for some classes if you have a lot of cash.
    on servers where they exist. And really, aren´t they like 10k-20k gold? That is a big pricetag for an item that is 25 ilvls below what you can get from LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't see a problem, unless the raid leader has lower item level than he/she is asking for - then it is just a person begging to be carried.

However, if the raid leader has good gear, then I understand perfectly why he/she would want to have other geared players in the raid. I've never made a pug myself, but when I'm invited in one, and I am on my good geared character, the last thing I would want to see is everyone else having crap gear. Then I end up doing 3 times more healing any other healer and it annoys me. I don't join pugs to carry lesser geared players. On my crap geared alts however, I am perfectly happy to sit in a raid with others of similar item level and have some wipes because of lack of dps/heals I don't think many people enjoy carrying, therefore they want other's to at least be able (even if in theory - I mean, some of the high geared players suck, I completely crushed some heroic raiders with fancy gear who played the same class as me). But at least when you go with people who have same item level as you, let it be high or low, you can roughly expect teamwork rather than having to carry the raid

The OP just needs to start his own group, set the minimum at 510 with no other requirements and see how it goes. This is one of those times where maybe we just have to let the kid fall off the bike to learn how it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I'm seeing this a lot in General chat.
    If i had an ilevel of 535 i wouldn't be needing to run flex in the first place.

I got an Invite ones as 522 geared resto shaman for part 1 SOO but got kicked when they found out I've only done it in LFR.

I used to raid pretty hardcore in the past and mostly did heroic/hardmode raid content but that doesn't seem to carry any stock.
    If I have 535+ ilvl, that means probably 60% of my gear is below 540 ilvl and can be upgraded in flex.

My hunter alt is currently 542 ilvl and it got

One 502 ilvl item
    One 516 ilvl item
    One 522 ilvl item
    Three 535 timeless item
    One 535 ToT heroic item
    Two 540 flex item with bad stats that can be found better

That is 9 items that I can get upgrades on in flex at 542 ilvl not even counting tier pieces for set bonus.

While I do agree 535 is a bit excessive, some people are geared and like to run with geared people. A run with 10 people only needing 1-5 items is usually smoother than a run with 10 people that need items in every slot. Personally I would have no probem asking for 530+ item level for a flex run since it is rather annoying carrying people. Previous heroic raiding experience > gear though

I rather take someone with 520 ilvl and raiding experience than someone with 540 and none.

I really do not see your complaint though, there are plenty of runs that ask for 510, go for them instead of the ones that ask for 535. I have not yet seen one pug asking for more than 530 on my realm and dozens that ask for 510.