Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Farm Motes of Harmony

Hey guys with patch 5.4 what is the best way to get Motes of Harmony?

I tend to farm the big camps of Mogu in Vale of Eternal Blossoms while using Potion of Luck. The keys they drop open chests that also have a chance to contain Spirits

I just went through this over the weekend. Farmed for hours on Timeless Isle with no luck at all. Went to Thunder Isle and got 9 motes in 15 minutes (included getting a key drop and running the treasure room)

i think the sprites in the cave just north of one keg in kun-lai has always been the best spot. with a potion of treasure finding, you can get between 60 and 70 motes per hour in there if you're alone. if the cave is being used by another farmer, i also found the hozen cave along the eastern side of the jade forest that was used for cloud serpent dailies to be pretty good as well. they spawn quickly so you can basically just stay within that first room and keep going in and out of the cave as they respawn. this spot isn't as good as the sprites, but its 40ish per hour, so better than dealing with another person farming alongside you in the sprite cave.

Deleted
    Great thanks a lot for all the tips

I also stared working on my Tillers rep. I can get 16 motes when i get all the farming spots free right? I only started yesterday how long do you think it will take to get exalted?

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Great thanks a lot for all the tips

I also stared working on my Tillers rep. I can get 16 motes when i get all the farming spots free right? I only started yesterday how long do you think it will take to get exalted?

Thanks guys
    if it's your first time and you don't have a reputation bonus, then it will probably take 2-3 weeks to get to exalted. you can start planting songbell seeds for motes at revered, though you'll only be able to grow 12 per day until you're exalted.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    with the 5.4 the Vale became the best spot if you have long-range pull, pop a potion of luck and pull everything (pick the less crowded spot if you play on a high-pop realm), Mogu mobs can also drop keys (and caches more than often drop a whole SoH)

10+ Year Old Account
    i get a pretty decent drop rate AoE farming the other faction's NPCs at Domination Point/Lion's Landing in Krasarang, although i get WAAAYYY more Windwool Cloth than any other resource, i also get a far amount of motes and green BoE items.

The benefit is the very fast respawn rate (go with a tank spec!)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    if it's your first time and you don't have a reputation bonus, then it will probably take 2-3 weeks to get to exalted. you can start planting songbell seeds for motes at revered, though you'll only be able to grow 12 per day until you're exalted.
    If you have the 100% reputation bonus it takes 4 or 5 days so double that 9-10 probably to exalted.

took an alt of mine 3 days to get exalted with the bonus rep. But all and all the farm is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i think the sprites in the cave just north of one keg in kun-lai has always been the best spot. with a potion of treasure finding, you can get between 60 and 70 motes per hour in there if you're alone. if the cave is being used by another farmer, i also found the hozen cave along the eastern side of the jade forest that was used for cloud serpent dailies to be pretty good as well. they spawn quickly so you can basically just stay within that first room and keep going in and out of the cave as they respawn. this spot isn't as good as the sprites, but its 40ish per hour, so better than dealing with another person farming alongside you in the sprite cave.

just farmed for an hour at that spot, got 4 motes. not 40, 4,

Timeless Isle on a low-med pop server. Spent about 2 weeks working on the Emperor rep via the non elite and weaker elite mobs aoe pulling them for what I can (545-ish ilvl ele shaman for most of that time) and ended up with 40-50 spirits worth of motes. I didn't even realize how fast I was accumulating them until I saw a mote on a mob and got the inventory full message, which prompted me to go "huh?" and realize I had a second stack of 200 motes. Good problem to have.

i find that farming the turtles on the windward isle with a potion of luck nets me decent motes, ore, cloth, gold, enchanting mats and whatnot. i average about 1500g for an hour of work out there.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

yep. Timeless Isle is very good place for mote

I noticed that you get a huge amount from the flex mode gold bags. Up to 19 motes per bag, from my experience.

Deleted
    Yep, if you have likeminded ppl as friends/guild, you can run Flexes. I get around 50-150 motes per full clear which takes 1-2 hours depending on how many "anchors" your boosting in there. Also can pop a luck pot, not huge gains but triple+ the cost atleast.

I think once you get exalted with the Tillers, it's obviously the best place/for the time spent for getting motes. You can get 16 with less than 5 minutes worth of work.

Farming them otherwise in the world, for me at least, is a complete waste of time for the money earned.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think once you get exalted with the Tillers, it's obviously the best place/for the time spent for getting motes. You can get 16 with less than 5 minutes worth of work.

Farming them otherwise in the world, for me at least, is a complete waste of time for the money earned.
    Generally you can make more gold with an exalted tillers with other seeds though. Granted, if you just want motes, it is quite easy and quick.

domination point is ok for motes.. timeless isle is good if ur not on a pvp server where scrubs come by to gank u in groups. the cave in kun lai has been severely nerfed so thats out. ive found barrens mobs to be ok farming for windwool cloth and a few motes, but overall their drop rate isnt great either.

flexes and scenario spamming can be good for motes too, but bags have been lowered as well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually get a decent amount from scenarios in the bonus bag they give you at the end.