Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    You're close to 175110 armor? Dang, I'm down below 120000 with might .

(175110 being the cap for raid bosses, just in case anyone doesn't get me).
    So armor scales the same as other stats when it comes to bosses? Makes sense so guess I'm lower percentage wise than I thought; only 118,136 with my current gear.

I still wouldn't go for Mastery over other anything but Dodge since I have about 10% Crit until reaching Crit soft cap and Stamina provides a buffer against all types of damage.

Trubo: check out Elunedra's addon -> http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PerSecond.html
    It improves the tooltip on the armor stat on the character sheet, showing your damage reduction vs level +0 +1 +2 +3 targets.

This caused a slight brouhaha when Jugggernaut's Crystal dropped on the first Juggernaut kill and the healers wanted me to take it. I explained that I would never equip it and it went to the DE pile.

What will be the status of FR vs SD in SoO? My guess was that SD would always be better unless you needed FR to stay alive, but I saw one blog stating FR will overtake SD at high ilvls.
    crystall is not that good but if you want some def stats and you can reforge to crit the healing is not that bad either depends on your trinkets you could take it.

To FR vs SD, like raug said FR can be better at certain points. Still from a personal pov you should have no problem using SD and FR together, and since tnc also scales with incoming dmg. And I think dodging and absorbing an attack is better than to heal all the dmg you take. And the other problem is you only know if you take mmore than 500k dmg over 6 sec after the 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    crystall is not that good but if you want some def stats and you can reforge to crit the healing is not that bad either depends on your trinkets you could take it.

To FR vs SD, like raug said FR can be better at certain points. Still from a personal pov you should have no problem using SD and FR together, and since tnc also scales with incoming dmg. And I think dodging and absorbing an attack is better than to heal all the dmg you take. And the other problem is you only know if you take mmore than 500k dmg over 6 sec after the 6 seconds.

Yes that is the problem, you never know the the correct choice until after the fact. I'd like to see some scaling info on TnC. I just started using a aura to track the absorb and I'm not sure its scaling as well as FR on Garrosh. On phase 2 where we are alternating I can bank rage and keep up SD and have enough for a FR or two. On phase 1 if I am tanking everything it's difficult to have enough rage for frequent use of either due to liberal use of Thrash and Swipe. I'm fairy certain SD is a much better choice there but if I have to use an emergency FR it takes a while to get SD going again.

I'm sort of estimating, but I'd imagine at full normal SoO gear levels that the chances of needing to decide between SD or FR are pretty slim to none. The decision was more necessary if your rage generation was utterly horrid and couldn't use both in a reasonable time frame. Again, Guardians are a lot different from say Prot warriors in terms of this decision: warriors are just choosing between two methods of reducing incoming damage, druids are choosing between attempting to avoid the damage versus heal up afterwards (or reduce the size via T&C). Regardless, this is why RPS-oriented gearing is preferable over just passive mitigation, because it technically reduces the chance you'll ever need to make this choice.

All this being said, I've had a few moments in SoO progression where I resorted to using FR over SD... but it was pretty obvious that I needed to! A big factor is if the damage can be avoided or not, whether it's AoE you have to eat or a tanking debuff that gets really strong at higher stacks. Another factor is if using SD at the same time will allow you to live or yield a greater chance of survival when you feel the need to spam FR... unless you run a weakaura to parse this info, I highly doubt anyone uses a concrete number versus a "feeling." Also, your HP pool can play a big role in the need to shift over to spamming FR over SD usage (aka, while avoiding the melee attacks would be good, the incoming damage is just too high that your HP could get dangerously low). While this may seem like an overly complicated method of determining to use FR over SD on-the-fly, I think most people feel out the situation and make a split-second decision based on a rough estimate of all of the above. However, even with really good RPS, spamming FR alone is really dangerous over the long-term when the melee hits are decently strong. When I personally switch over to just using FR, it's almost always an emergency, and the nearest damage downtime I can manage I'll start weaving SD in again.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville