Deleted

Galakras help with my Hunter

Hey there guys, I've had a bit of a browse around but couldn't find anything I was looking for so thought I'd make a thread. Usually I'd post this in the Raid/Dungeons section but as it's more relevant to just Hunters, thought I'd seek help from my fellow Hunters!

Now my Guild is having a hard time with Galakras, we manage to get the second tower down but by that time, we always manage to lose the game due to Fracture from the Bonecrushers.

My first question is, is there a list of abilities that we can actually use on Bonecrushers during Fractured to either stun them or just stop them doing it?

Due to the fact that my gear isn't all up to date, it's very difficult for me to push huge numbers during this fight and as I'm also part of the Tower team, I tend to spec Survival so I've got DoTs everywhere with Barrage for the adds down below. During the run from tower one to tower two, I tend to apply my DoTs to all the adds just before I run up Tower two to keep those ticking and provide a bit more assistance in that respect.

If you copy and paste "Míkazt" into the armoury (Take care of the dodgy I) you'll come across my Character armoury. Could anybody maybe point me in the right way with things that I might be missing or not seeing that will benefit me very much during this encounter as I'd like to try and help out as much as possible.

We're running with either TWO DK Tanks / Druid Tank. Holy Pala, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid. Retridin, Hunter, Frost DK, Frost Mage and an Ele Shaman.
    (Our usual tactic at the moment is to Grip the Bonecrushers away from our bosses but it seems it's too much for our Frost DK to handle to handle by himself and the tank whilst our other DK Tank is up in the Towers).

Thanks for your help guys!

Deleted
    You can have your dk spec into Asphyxiate, making their Strangulate a stun. Your holy pala can use fist of justice, so can your Retri. Your frost mage can deep freeze one aswell. On top of that you can have your dk still Death Gripping if at all needed. I also believe your frost mage can use Freeze of his pet to stop the charge of the Bonecrushers (I'm not too sure about that, just let him try it) Also your druid can go into Mighty bash, giving another 2 stuns, and/or typhoon. Your ele shaman can use thunderfuck aswell. Loads of possibilities.
    Last edited by mmoc1e59ff1d81; 2013-09-22 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Binding Shot works wonders here. Wait approx 10 seconds from the spawn of the bonecrushers and then throw Binding Shot on top of them. It will get the charges on both bonecrushers. With a 45 second cooldown, this will only work for every other wave.

Also, have the DK use Tranquil Grip. This will also interrupt the cast of Fracture. The ret and hpal can also swap to Fist of Justice for reduced CD on the stun.

Worse comes to worse, the mage can also save a FoF charge for a Deep.

As for hunter relevant abilities, Wyvern Sting, Freezing Trap, and Scatter Shot do not work.
    For positioning, the Hpal should sit by the npcs in the back for emergency stun. Give it a shot and let us know how it changes.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2013-09-22 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Thanks guys! I thought about using Binding Shot, would it also be a good idea to use Narrow Escape as the CD on that isn't very long? Does it keep the Bonecrushers trapped in place or do they manage to break free when they charge to the NPC's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirikah View Post
    Thanks guys! I thought about using Binding Shot, would it also be a good idea to use Narrow Escape as the CD on that isn't very long? Does it keep the Bonecrushers trapped in place or do they manage to break free when they charge to the NPC's?
    I haven't used narrow escape in any pve encounter since the begninning of the expansion. Not worth the cooldown reduction on deterrence, especially with it being so useful this tier. you'd be better off with CTHC.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Not sure why it's not mentioned but the best thing for hunters is glyph Explosive trap place at npc feet instant knock back / interupt with bonecrushers. I use that over binding shot as several of the adds are immune to Binding shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    Not sure why it's not mentioned but the best thing for hunters is glyph Explosive trap place at npc feet instant knock back / interupt with bonecrushers. I use that over binding shot as several of the adds are immune to Binding shot.
    glyphed explosive trap is a loss of damage, assuming you don't NEED the interrupt.
    Also, the only adds i've seen immune to binding shot are the minibosses on that fight.
    *bro fist*

Any knockback will work (Thunderstorm, Typhoon). Any stun will do (mighty bash, asphyxiate, deep freeze, Fist of Justice). Death grip will work. Binding shot will work but it's kind of awkward compared to other options.

Your comp shouldn't have too many problems if you make sure to not use every stun on the same add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Bit off topic but:

I would seriously recommend Beast Mastery for this fight. Due to the nature of the fight you will find yourself aoeing tightly clumped up packs of adds. The incredible burst on these adds you will get due to Bestial Wrath/Beast cleave is insane. Especially if you have assurance trinket putting BW on a 42~ second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeanrunbak View Post
    What probably happened is the mobs got stun DR'd. Only takes 3 stuns, and people can get a bit crazy with them especially when they've wiped due to an NPC dying.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter