Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I reroll or continue?

Let me explain; no wait, too long: let me sum up

Played the GW2 free weekend. Got an Elementalist up to level 9 before the weekend expired. Picked up the game for cheap this week, so the question is: should I reroll my Elementalist, or just continue from 9?

Reroll Pro: I had no idea what I was doing most of the time, so I probably didn't take advantage of mats and salvaging and any other aspect of the game (I didn't take time to explore much due to the time limitation). Also, I'd like to change the toon's appearance slightly.

Reroll Cons: I'm sure people will say it's quick to get to 9, but I got to tell you, it seemed long to me (although my experience is limited outside of WoW). Although perhaps it'll go faster since I'm wiser now?

I don't know, what would you do?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't designed so much around your level. However you're only lvl 9 so it doesn't really matter anyway. You are talking about an hour or so of gametime. If its about wanting to play a different race/profession or something then go for it...if it's just because you seem or feel you should start over...you won't be willing getting anything out of rerolling because you haven't even scratched the surface of the game at all.

The game is largely horizontal. You missed out on nothing in your initial ignorance of the game.

There really is not pro/con here other than your value of time to level.

Well...I'd say that you should reroll because it is indeed in the early levels where you understand it the most and you should never rush to max level...especially in GW2 since their "end-game" is at all levels. Then you could change the appearance aswell.

Heh...I am level 60 theif and just now it starts to get hard to level up...and by hard I mean time consuming, not difficulty....but if you feel that level 9 is taking a bit long....Well, there is 71 more levels which will indeed be longer, and not by a little though

If you have appearance issues, reroll, it'll fix that and the bit you've learned already will just make the run a little easier to return to level 9 in no time. You can even pick a different path for story so it won't be identical anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    If you have appearance issues, reroll, it'll fix that and the bit you've learned already will just make the run a little easier to return to level 9 in no time. You can even pick a different path for story so it won't be identical anyway.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Sorry White Stag, you're on your own.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

i made an engineer an absolutly hated the proffesion but got it too lvl 16. i decided i wanted too keep my name so i deleted it and rerolled a thief and got myself too lvl 16 within a few hours so. go for it....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no sense rerolling unless you feel that you missed out on events or hearts that you would like to pay more attention to, you aren't satisfied with your character's appearance, or you want to make a different class. Otherwise you can't really get ahead of yourself as the whole game will be open to you as you advance.

There's nothing inherently advantageous to going back for the reasons you listed.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Let me explain; no wait, too long: let me sum up
    Was that a Princess Bride reference? XD

Reroll Pro: I had no idea what I was doing most of the time, so I probably didn't take advantage of mats and salvaging and any other aspect of the game (I didn't take time to explore much due to the time limitation). Also, I'd like to change the toon's appearance slightly.
    I would reroll if it were me. Wanting a different appearance would bug me incessantly throughout the character's lifespan. :P Plus, it'll save you from having to buy a makeover kit later for gold/money.

You're not missing a damn thing when it comes to mats. Low level mats aren't worth hardly anything and I actually don't suggest salvaging most of the time as it's usually a straight loss of money over vendoring or listing it on the TP -- especially low level, non-soulbound gear as it usually sells for 3x+ the vendor price on the TP.

Exploring is inconsequential as locations will always be there and you'll always be level scaled.

A suggestion that will really help speed your leveling along, try to buy (or craft if you plan to take up cooking) some food with a +10 to EXP bonus and also buy/make either maintenance oil, tuning crystals, or sharpening stones that also have +10. That'll give you +20% experience from kills. The price of food will vary, but the oil/crystals/stones at level 0 should only be about 5c/ea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you're so close, you may as well get the level 10 key - lots of players make and run a new toon to level 10 personal story just for that key, then delete the toon.

Lane has a good point on using food buffs for xp boosters, here's a good database:
    http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/index...hment_Database
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Since you're so close, you may as well get the level 10 key
    What is the Level 10 key?

it's a black lion chest key that you get for the level 10 personal story reward

since you are that close, I would do that. Complete that personal story, get the key, put it in your bank, and then reroll
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-09-24 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    it's a black lion chest key that you get for the level 10 personal story reward
    OH, ok. Hmm, I think I even have a chest, but not positive. So yeah, I'll probably get to at least 10 and then judge whether I want to continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Lion Chest key. They are really rare drops at later levels but guaranteed from the level 10 personal story. Save them for when the BLC has an item you want.

Also before you delete the toon, vendor or put all the unbound stuff in your bank.
    Valar morghulis

Black Lion Chest key. They are really rare drops at later levels but guaranteed from the level 10 personal story. Save them for when the BLC has an item you want.
    I don't understand this last part; how do I know what the BLC has inside it before I unlock it?

Also before you delete the toon, vendor or put all the unbound stuff in your bank.
    Okie dokie

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watch the patch notes, they let you know when they are putting something special in the chest.
    Valar morghulis

Just watch the patch notes, they let you know when they are putting something special in the chest.
    Ok, I see. Thanks.

I don't understand this last part; how do I know what the BLC has inside it before I unlock it?
    Here's a list of permanent items that you can get from them:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest

Lately, they've been releasing sets of weapon skins every 1-2 months. I'm going to guess the next set will be for October/Halloween. Actually, since they're using Black Lion Claim Tickets as currency you would probably be 'safe' (safe being not missing out on anything) opening your chest whenever you want.

OH, ok. Hmm, I think I even have a chest, but not positive.
    A note, but the chests have little value, the keys are the rare things. You'll amass quite a few chests, and they are for sale on the trading post for cheap, but the keys are very rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    ele is a nightmare to level