Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Ignore the topic, he is trying to troll. He does this all the time. New character models should not be put into the cash shop, plain and simple.
    How is he trolling?

From a business point of view, micro transactions on new character models would make a fortune for Blizzard. Lets face it, Blizzard, the company who made and still develop WoW making money is good for us, the player, in the long run. The more money WoW generates the more time and effort Blizzard put into the game to ensure it continues to keep it's player base entertained. This means WE the player will continue to receive content as long as WoW keeps providing Blizzard with a steady income.

I think this idea is great. Skins should be $20 a pop. So if you want a male and female skin of every race that would be $440 overall.

Personally I would just buy the Pandaren models since they are the worst and need updating the most. I would be willing to part with $40 for an updated Pandaren skin model.

But there would be some people willing to part with $440 to get the lot. Which is an extra $440 for Blizzard which ultimately means that the game would be $440 better off in future which is a big win for the playerbase.

So, the new character models would only apply to the model of the person who bought them? Meaning there would be very little point in redoing the character models to make the world of the game look cohesive and updated because everyone who isn't going to buy them off the cash shop will still look shitty? I'm not sure that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I would be sincerely worried if blizzard ever adopted the belief that it can get away with stuff like that and rely on die hard fans. It's not a good image for the business to have.
    They have to rely on hardcore fans. WoW is old, and I would be surprised if they get more then 100-200 new players a day in the US who end up buying all the xpacs, leveling up to level 90, and actually sticking with the game for more then a year. They're definitely losing more players then gaining as we see from the quarter reports.

Like I said, if they sold character models, the amount of money they would make the first week would rival the amount of money they'll make from the D3 expac/Heartstone sales the first week.

I wouldn't be surprised if first week model sales generated MORE money then Heartstone would the first week.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-09-23 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way this would happen. For one, why sell something later that could be used as a hook to bring people back for a new expansion? Secondly, one of the biggest rules in game design is consistency. They would want and need to keep all the character models consistent for a single race, so it's either all or none on the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, please see a doctor. There's definitely something wrong with you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-24 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    They have to rely on hardcore fans. WoW is old, and I would be surprised if they get more then 150-200 new players a day in the US who end up buying all the xpacs, leveling up to level 90, and actually sticking with the game for more then a year.

Like I said, if they sold character models, the amount of money they would make the first week would rival the amount of money they'll make from the D3 expac/Heartstone sales the first week.

I wouldn't be surprised if first week model sales generated MORE money then Heartstone would the first week.
    Blizzard have already stated that without the casual players, they'd be in bad shape. Your argument is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont feed the troll ^^

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-24 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    No way this would happen. For one, why sell something later that could be used as a hook to bring people back for a new expansion? Secondly, one of the biggest rules in game design is consistency. They would want and need to keep all the character models consistent for a single race, so it's either all or none on the new models.
    They could do it through Client Side scripting.

Which means that the player would only see the new model on their PC/Game but everyone else would see it is an old model.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd sell them if they wanted to piss off the vast majority of their customers and look like total assholes. I don't really care for everything Blizzard does (mainly charging out the ass for transfers), but i don't think even they would stoop to EA levels of greed.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    How is he trolling?

From a business point of view, micro transactions on new character models would make a fortune for Blizzard. Lets face it, Blizzard, the company who made and still develop WoW making money is good for us, the player, in the long run. The more money WoW generates the more time and effort Blizzard put into the game to ensure it continues to keep it's player base entertained. This means WE the player will continue to receive content as long as WoW keeps providing Blizzard with a steady income.

I think this idea is great. Skins should be $20 a pop. So if you want a male and female skin of every race that would be $440 overall.

Personally I would just buy the Pandaren models since they are the worst and need updating the most. I would be willing to part with $40 for an updated Pandaren skin model.

But there would be some people willing to part with $440 to get the lot. Which is an extra $440 for Blizzard which ultimately means that the game would be $440 better off in future which is a big win for the playerbase.
    Why the hell do you reply back with a troll yourself? Bolded Sections. This has been proven incorrect - look at this expansion: Blizzard is offering more for your money than EVER before, are updating their product faster, and increasing the size of their team despite losing millions of subscriptions this expansion.
    For your next part, you're just trolling - the Pandaren have a huge amount more polygons and abilities that the other models do not have. The other models will be updated to approximate quality. You're not getting an update of this - I actually do recommend holding your breath until it does.

They're not going to make you pay for them. If they do the upgrade, it'll not just be for the players. As they did for the Goblins, all the NPCs in the game will get this upgrade as well. We're not going to be running around in a high-quality populated world, only to be restricted from having those models, unless we pay.

Are we going to pay for these models? I doubt they'd even require you to have the latest expansion to use them, which would be as far as they'd possibly go with this.

Yes, Blizzard would make a ton of cash short-term, by letting us pay for the new models. But their goal isn't short-term cash. They want people to join and stick around in their game. You'd accomplish the opposite, with store-bought models.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't some dumb pet or sparkly horse, this is something that's been hyped up for years that pretty much every player would want. [/B]
    And this is exactly why it will be a major MAJOR mistake... if some people quit because of some helmets... imagine how many would quit if they put something like the character models there... It'd be the easiest way of killing the game, short of putting BiS gear or simply closing the servers....

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    /sigh
    Obvious troll is obvious. (Even more so looking at the OP)

Blizzard putting new models in the cash shop would be like committing suicide. Despite what people think, they're not that stupid.
    Times have changed. Hello 100% exp bonus.

Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-09-23 at 10:50 PM.

As much as it irks me to think about them actually going the store route with the new models, I really wouldn't put it past them. Oh well, only time will tell which path they decide to take with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Blizzard have already stated that without the casual players, they'd be in bad shape. Your argument is invalid.
    Yes, and they also said that WoW would never have any type of cash shop four years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    How is he trolling?

Why not put raids up for content then? Sure, you can have the basic raid that comes out with the tier, but why settle for that when you can pay 40$ extra and get the DELUXE shiny raid? Just think of the money they could extol from raiding guilds? Maybe even charge extra on the first week to squeeze money out of the hardcores.

Why don't they do these things? Because they're freakin' terrible ideas.

Blizzard has been promising new character models (and saying they have no intention of putting them on the shop) for quite some time now. We know they've been working on them for a long, long time. These aren't inconsequential mounts or pets that they casually stick into the game files after working on off-and-on. Anyone who would draw that comparison is creating a false parallel. If the two WERE equatable, then they'd be rolling out new models/skins for free for the character races PLUS "buyable" skins that supposedly look cooler or something just like they add SEVERAL new mounts and pets and armor sets that are completely obtainable in-game in every single patch. But that isn't what's being proposed here.

Yes, and they also said that WoW would never have any type of cash shop four years ago.
    Irrelevant. Not only do I thoroughly doubt your ability to find any quote to that effect, something that happened four years ago is not as applicable as something that was said a matter of weeks ago.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

No they shouldn't.

Was just thinking, and I believe Blizzard should and WILL put the new characters in the cash shop. It's a win-win situation for everyone, the players and Blizzard for a few reasons. The amount of money this would bring in would be RIDICULOUS. This isn't some dumb pet or sparkly horse, this is something that's been hyped up for years that pretty much every player would want. The people who won't like the new models and want to keep the old ones don't have to buy them so there's no issue with those players.

If they sold the stupid helms for $15 and people bought them, think about how many people would pay $10 to unlock a character model for a race, and then maybe a package deal that would unlock all races for $75. You can bet every kid would be stealing there parents credit card to buy them on day 1. I personally would buy 2-3, human, orc, and maybe gnome.

From a business standpoint, it would be absolutely retarded for Blizz NOT to sell new models and to just give them away for free. You KNOW people would bitch about it but end up throwing gobs of cash at it. We saw it with the mounts, and then with pets. The bitching only lasts like 2 weeks and then everyone forgets and doesn't care anymore. History will repeat itself, and Blizz knows this. If they can pull of selling helms for $15 that people used for like five days, then this would most definitely fly.

I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of money generated from character model sales the first week would rival the amount brought in from first week sales of a whole new Xpac or even Heartstone.
    One of the most retarded ideas I've ever read in a while. The part that you are almost sure that they will put them into Cash shop is beyond ridiculous. Sorry, but it is not a win-win case. It is a lose-lose case. Many players lose respect against Blizzard, and Blizzard loses many customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Why not put raids up for content then? Sure, you can have the basic raid that comes out with the tier, but why settle for that when you can pay 40$ extra and get the DELUXE shiny raid? Just think of the money they could extol from raiding guilds? Maybe even charge extra on the first week to squeeze money out of the hardcores.

Why don't they do these things? Because they're freakin' terrible ideas.

Blizzard has been promising new character models (and saying they have no intention of putting them on the shop) for quite some time now. We know they've been working on them for a long, long time. These aren't inconsequential mounts or pets that they casually stick into the game files after working on off-and-on. Anyone who would draw that comparison is creating a false parallel. If the two WERE equatable, then they'd be rolling out new models/skins for free for the character races PLUS "buyable" skins that supposedly look cooler or something just like they add SEVERAL new mounts and pets and armor sets that are completely obtainable in-game in every single patch. But that isn't what's being proposed here.

Irrelevant. Not only do I thoroughly doubt your ability to find any quote to that effect, something that happened four years ago is not as applicable as something that was said a matter of weeks ago.
    Selling raids would be dumb because only 10% of the population are in normal raiding guilds, probably less. Maybe... 20-30% do LFR. It wouldn't make sense to put effort into selling raids.

Character models are a different story though. EVERYONE would be interested in it. 100% of the player base would be the target. Elitists, horrible players, people of all skill levels, pvper's, people who just sit in SW all day running around would all be interested in it, not just a small percentage.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'm willing to come back for is the new character models.
    If those are put into the cash shop, I'm never re subbing again.