Thread: Well, RIP UVLS?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Well, RIP UVLS?

"Unerring Vision of Lei Shen now has a 40% reduced chance to activate its effect for Warlocks."

at least they didn't do it as soon as 5.4 hit like they did with... everything else?

but yeah, pretty sure UVLS is dead.

R.I.P Demo locks

I hate how they made demo completely not viable in a hotfix.

So one trinket makes a whole class completely unviable? lol
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    No one said that, but you obviously don't understand how strong ULVS could be for demo.

Your underestimating UVLS. It was one of the trinkets that made demo actually compete with affliction this tier. Don't know how demo will do after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duracells View Post
    Your underestimating UVLS. It was one of the trinkets that made demo actually compete with affliction this tier. Don't know how demo will do after this.
    Pretty sure it won't do anything after this.

I'm happy about this

Good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    I'm happy about this

Good riddance
    You're happy Demo is no longer a viable single target spec? What kind of warlock are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    You're happy Demo is no longer a viable single target spec? What kind of warlock are you.
    Honestly I'm kinda happy too - not for the death of Demo, but for the death of UVLS.

It added a layer of RNG that just made the spec entirely uninteresting to me. I guess people liked it and it was entertaining at the beginning to see so many imps on a few select fights, but in the end I just hated how my DPS would fluctuate because of a factor that I had no control of.

The Imp nerf was clearly unnecessary. :\

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Wild Imps' Fel Firebolt now deals 30% less damage.
    Unerring Vision of Lei Shen now has a 40% reduced chance to activate its effect for Warlocks.

A flat 30% nerf on wild imps, plus the UVLS nerf, yeah - I'm not sure if that leaves demo "viable" or not. Those are some pretty big nerfs.

I'm pretty sure everybody will be playing affliction.

I guess destro is going to replace demo as the accompanying off spec for affliction?

I don't care that they nerfed a trinket from last tier to discourage its use. I don't see why they had to nerf imp damage so hard concurrently?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happy for the death of ULVS yes.

Not happy about imp nerf or that this wasn't done 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    I don't care that they nerfed a trinket from last tier to discourage its use. I don't see why they had to nerf imp damage so hard concurrently?
    This. Guess its time for destro to make its way back

Is there patch notes or a blue post that goes along with this?

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Is there patch notes or a blue post that goes along with this?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273

as a warlock who managed to use UVLS on 2k arenas I'm simply furious. They shoulda made the following fix instead: UVLS is no longer usable / obtainable by warlocks and has mage, priest, druid & shaman only restriction on it.

ok guys, its time to calm down. This Nerf is maybe 10% on pure singletarget and srsly, watch videos like method's Thok HC kill and you know, why Blizzard is tuning demolocks.