10man garrosh desecrate questions

Is it only ranged that it targets???? If so for some reason it is targeting our melee and even once targeting monk Ox statue.

Is this a bug or is it legit?

Will only target ranged and all healers INCLUDING mistweavers. Byebye MW counting as melee for mechanics...

It does NOT target only ranged, but instead targets any character AT ranged similar to rain of arrows on Spirit Kings and how all these mechanics used to work in previous expacs.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    It does NOT target only ranged, but instead targets any character AT ranged similar to rain of arrows on Spirit Kings and how all these mechanics used to work in previous expacs.
    Indeed, quite a shock to the melee team when they realised they were no longer immune to ranged issues. One more reason to not bring melee to your team.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

k cool guys thx for the info just wasn't sure

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    ... First time I've went demo to AoE the adds I put a Desecrate Weapon right on the boss. Our mage gets alter timed to the starting position (so we can DPS the boss while pulled) and gets desecrated. They did change their model from targeting people "at range" to targeting "ranged specializations *except mistweavor monk because fistweaving* in order to prevent people cheesing most of the encounters.

But then again the "spawn 3 balls on lei shen heroic" tactic comes to mind.

Can confirm its capable of targeting melee if they are not in melee range.

Although I believe it still can target range dps and healers if they are in melee range.

Deleted
    It often syncs up with your tank (and perhaps melee) running to pick up a wolf rider if you are not fast enough. Just be aware that this can happen. You may want to make sure your melee keep on the boss during that time to minimize the chance of them messing up desecrate positioning. Not a big issue either way.