Cya Demo, Hello Destro

Demos dead etc etc

So that would leave Affliction main (OBVIOUSLY) and i guess destro offspec

So how are we going to balance the stats tho.

is Destro viable with a 13k haste cap and rest into mastery?

Or what stats should we know aim for to be able to share gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrraasshh View Post
    Demos dead etc etc

So that would leave Affliction main (OBVIOUSLY) and i guess destro offspec

So how are we going to balance the stats tho.

is Destro viable with a 13k haste cap and rest into mastery?

Or what stats should we know aim for to be able to share gear
    I do not see how you could get Destruction anywhere near Affliction with 13k haste. So no, I would not say that it is viable. Affliction and Destruction operate under two separate stat priorities, not to mention a different meta gem. If you can get it to work, more power to you. After this hotfix goes live I'll give up my destruction off-spec and just play Affliction.

I did some napkin math now... This is based on my last Sha of Pride(N) kill.
    Numbers are not exact because I'm lazy but %'s should help
    Sha of Pride numbers for last kill:
    Imps -> 20% of my damage (10.37 mil)
    Doom -> 14.2% of my damage (5.75mil)
    27 Doom ticks
    19 Doom crits
    DOOM DAMAGE
    Normal Doom: 1.0mil damage(average 120k)
    Crit Doom: 4.75mil damage(average 250k)
    Total: 5.75mil
    After UVLS nerf it would be ~11 Doom Crits
    Normal Doom: 1.9mil
    Crit Doom: 2.75mil
    Total:4.67mil

Lost - 1.08mil damage or 18% damage.

IMPS

330 wild imp fireballs (66 imps)
    19 imps spawned by UVLS+crit
    UVLS nerf:
    11 imps spawned by UVLS+crit -> lost 8 imps or 40 casts
    Average imp cast: 25.3k
    Crit imp cast: 51k
    23% crit chance
    31*25k+9*51k = 1.234.000 so 1.23mil damage lost here as well HOWEVER... Imp damage is also reduced by 30% now
    My remaining 290 casts before nerf: 67(crit)*52k+223*25k=3.42mil+5.57mil=8.99mil
    My remaining 290 casts after nerf: 6.3mil
    Imp damage after UVLS+fireball damage nerf=4.1mil lower or ~39% of the damage is gone

UVLS+Imp nerf ~=5.2mil less damage on a fight where I did 62.46mil (62460923) damage or 8.32% on that fight(again Sha of Pride).
    I also did damage on the adds on this fight because... they have to die!...
    I did 7.55 mil damage on the adds to be exact.
    54.91 mil on single target so 5.2mil of that is 9.5%

NOW I AM SURE THAT I DID SOMETHING WRONG. The kill was probably fucked up since I didn't play demo in a while. There's probably something I left out of the math as well. I DID NOT ACCOUNT FOR THE ENERGY LOST BY THE IMP CASTS. Not for Corruption crits because of UVLS!

Not really sure I'll keep the trinket but most likely demo will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Not really sure I'll keep the trinket but most likely demo will stay.
    I'm new to SimC and stuff, but when you say Demo will stay, what trinkets are you planning to use? Cause my damage in the last fights mainly was by full crit Dooms and my army of imps (was at the top in dps meters during Protectors and Dark Shamans). Since the hit wasn't even taken (yet) for the warlock community, guides and well known players don't have changed yet. I'm currently with UVLS and Wush, but I'll open a ticket for a DE'd Volatile Talisman, since UVLS will be useless, and until I get Purified Bindings of Immerseus. I refuse to cast aside Demo, but if necessary, I will do so, in the name of progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stack that mastery, haste is really overrated as Destruction (namely thanks to Conflag).

Those CB's are where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    I'm new to SimC and stuff, but when you say Demo will stay, what trinkets are you planning to use? Cause my damage in the last fights mainly was by full crit Dooms and my army of imps (was at the top in dps meters during Protectors and Dark Shamans). Since the hit wasn't even taken (yet) for the warlock community, guides and well known players don't have changed yet. I'm currently with UVLS and Wush, but I'll open a ticket for a DE'd Volatile Talisman, since UVLS will be useless, and until I get Purified Bindings of Immerseus. I refuse to cast aside Demo, but if necessary, I will do so, in the name of progression.
    I was lucky to get a hand on flex amplifier and NM kardris already but I'm still using NM ULVS since it was siming higher than kardris. but after this change it must be Kardris + amplifier imo. but I'm keeping a spot for black blood (go coins go!) applying doom on 10 stacks must be awesome with it.

but to OP. did you try destru this patch? post 530ilvl or something? reading your title I stick with "no you didn't!" destru needs something much bigger than this playing numbers to reaches a lvl of (even) consideration for most of fights.

I will stick with my demo/affli since destru been already dead 2 patches ago lol.
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    I was lucky to get a hand on flex amplifier and NM kardris already but I'm still using NM ULVS since it was siming higher than kardris. but after this change it must be Kardris + amplifier imo. but I'm keeping a spot for black blood (go coins go!) applying doom on 10 stacks must be awesome with it.

but to OP. did you try destru this patch? post 530ilvl or something? reading your title I stick with "no you didn't!" destru needs something much bigger than this playing numbers to reaches a lvl of (even) consideration for most of fights.

I will stick with my demo/affli since destru been already dead 2 patches ago lol.
    Now now... I'm not the best geared or the best warlock player but destro isn't THAT bad. At least not at Garrosh. I went destro just to test what happens on the Timeless Isle with the Chi'Ji buff... spoiler alert: 2mil CB's with 500k ticks \o/!
    Forgot to change back to Affliction and for some reason Demo just didn't feel good on that fight so I decided to fuck it and try it as Destro.

I ended up ranking 14th Destro warlock with 254k DPS.
    This is equal toemonology Rank 9 (255k DPS) and Affliction Rank 28(254k DPS).

Immolate was 12.6% of my damage so a 30% buff to that would be another 4% DPS.. or 264k DPS.
    That would be equal to Demo Rank 8 and Affliction rank 15.

And this is the gear "set-up" I used for the fight: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiago/advanced

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now now... I'm not the best geared or the best warlock player but destro isn't THAT bad. At least not at Garrosh. I went destro just to test what happens on the Timeless Isle with the Chi'Ji buff... spoiler alert: 2mil CB's with 500k ticks \o/!
    Forgot to change back to Affliction and for some reason Demo just didn't feel good on that fight so I decided to fuck it and try it as Destro.

Immolate was 12.6% of my damage so a 30% buff to that would be another 4% DPS.. or 264k DPS.

And this is the gear "set-up" I used for the fight: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiago/advanced
    In your armory, I see you using UVLS as destro. Were you using it when you ranked on the Garrosh fight?
    Are you using mastery>haste>crit for single target and AOE?

- - - Updated - - -

In your armory, I see you using UVLS as destro. Were you using it when you ranked on the Garrosh fight?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Yeap, exactly that gear. It's not optimized for Destro, I wasn't even reading. It's my affliction gear and normal UVLS+Breath are the only 2 trinkets that I currently have.. so I was close to the 9778 or w/e haste cap and mastery after ignoring crit.
    I decided to just go with it before I HS and spec back to affliction. Got some decent results and decided to stick with it.

I also got moved to rank 17 while the other 2 ranks stand. At least on Garrosh Destro is doing "decent".

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v4...=13934&e=14591 the log.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeap, exactly that gear. It's not optimized for Destro, I wasn't even reading. It's my affliction gear and normal UVLS+Breath are the only 2 trinkets that I currently have.. so I was close to the 9778 or w/e haste cap and mastery after ignoring crit.
    I decided to just go with it before I HS and spec back to affliction. Got some decent results and decided to stick with it.

I also got moved to rank 17 while the other 2 ranks stand. At least on Garrosh Destro is doing "decent".

What is destro stat priority now? im reading both crit>haste>mastery and Mastery>crit>haste

well I said most of fights. I see 3 out of 14 bosses having something to help destru to shine. on 1st 5th and last boss with no doubt destru has its advantages but only if you are assigned as the AOE guy. destru is kinda good but lets be honest when you have 2 awesome specs good isn't enough
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    What is destro stat priority now? im reading both crit>haste>mastery and Mastery>crit>haste
    Mastery >= Crit >> Haste

That means that Mastery is basically even with Crit, but slightly (ever-so-slightly) ahead. Haste isn't anywhere near as good as the other two.

Brusalk would you go with gosac or gosup?
    (As destro ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Goosy View Post
    Brusalk would you go with gosac or gosup?
    (As destro ofc)
    For what fight? I'd almost say personal preference at this point.

I've switched between the two soley for Soul Link and whether I wanted max health or 20% damage reduction on a given fight and I've had similar numbers with both. If you're only ever AoE'ing with little shadowburning then I'd say Sup/Serv. Single target is probably personal preference. If you're on an add fight Sac is probably best.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Mastery >= Crit >> Haste

That means that Mastery is basically even with Crit, but slightly (ever-so-slightly) ahead. Haste isn't anywhere near as good as the other two.

I just stacked crit. Fully raid buffed im @ 33.5% crit chance and checking logs Im critting between 40-45% of the time on main nukes not counting cb of course. Ive tried high mastery builds as well and cant honestly say theres much of a difference. Has anybody had any problems with pet despawning in 5.4?

So just wondering would a fully stacked demo crit setup work with a destro OS?
    Last edited by Maleific; 2013-09-25 at 01:32 AM.