Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Patch notes - nobody saw that coming

So yeah, in 2nd weak of progression we got shamanism buff (LB dmg increased by 10%). Nobody saw that coming. I wonder how long blizz will deny shamans evaluation of their class.

Btw. Demo destroyed, S priest nerfed, Rogues nerfed, I call we are going to be upper mid pack now.

My main is a Rogue but I have a Shaman alt that I can play. Does this include me in the "we" crowd?
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Deleted
    We that means elementals who knew that we got superb chain lighting and very weak lightning bolt, they buffed a bit our single target. (Btw. UF will be now even stronger to consider)

Flametongue Weapon Flametongue Attack effect now deals 50% more damage.
    Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by 10%.
    Windfury Weapon Windfury Attack effect now deals 50% more damage.
    I'm wondering how far this will go to counteract the stormstrike nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    I'm wondering how far this will go to counteract the stormstrike nerf.
    You're not even going to notice it after that. Those buffs are actually dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    You're not even going to notice it after that. Those buffs are actually dumb.
    It's not a full compensation but it's hardly a negligible buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    It'll easily outweigh the stormstrike nerf.

JUST the stormstrike nerf, sure if you want to be pedantic.

RPPM, stormstrike, stormblast, lavalash, elemental nerfs? No.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dudko View Post
    So yeah, in 2nd weak of progression we got shamanism buff (LB dmg increased by 10%). Nobody saw that coming. I wonder how long blizz will deny shamans evaluation of their class.

Btw. Demo destroyed, S priest nerfed, Rogues nerfed, I call we are going to be upper mid pack now.
    it is not a shamanism buff as enhance is also affected. so it is a plain 10% buff to lb.
    didn't saw this coming but my respect to blizzard that they did this. the warlock nerf is huge imo. seeing method videos were warlocks at start are dealing absurd damage this nerf will also have an impact into hc progression raids.

Deleted
    Why are you wearing 2 of those horribly itemized fistweapons and reforging into haste ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dentist View Post
    Why are you wearing 2 of those horribly itemized fistweapons and reforging into haste ?
    Not like you can expect people to get specific weapons this early in the tier, but yes the haste is confusing (esp. since 2set for UF)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    it is not a shamanism buff as enhance is also affected. so it is a plain 10% buff to lb.
    didn't saw this coming but my respect to blizzard that they did this. the warlock nerf is huge imo. seeing method videos were warlocks at start are dealing absurd damage this nerf will also have an impact into hc progression raids.
    Yeah I meant that shamanism is equal to LB buff for ele (In context that they each time fix eles by buffing shamanism)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentist View Post
    When i simmed my char it was a dps upgrade to reach 8850 haste before i reforged into Mastery, might not be the case for him but blindly stating that haste sucks is an ignorant comment. Furthermore these buffs are quite significant considering LB is a large portion of our dmg and a 50% to our wep imbues is always a nice bonus.
    <a href=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Miga/advanced" target="_blank">Armory</a>

Napkin math => Overall 5% buff for enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The lava lash nerf was reverted?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miga View Post
    When i simmed my char it was a dps upgrade to reach 8850 haste before i reforged into Mastery, might not be the case for him but blindly stating that haste sucks is an ignorant comment. Furthermore these buffs are quite significant considering LB is a large portion of our dmg and a 50% to our wep imbues is always a nice bonus.
    See that's the problem with the majority of posters here. You take a simple very easy to read sentence and twist words.

Where exactly did I say haste sucks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    The lava lash nerf was reverted?
    Ok, and still? Same comment applies - without being pedantic where do the changes match up to the dps loss exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    JUST the stormstrike nerf, sure if you want to be pedantic.

You mean the lava lash nerf that was reverted?
    This buff outweighs the stormstrike/stormblast nerf, RPPM nerf not so much, not that it even matters that massively with the power of the new trinkets.

Yeah I meant that shamanism is equal to LB buff for ele (In context that they each time fix eles by buffing shamanism)
    We that means elementals who knew that we got superb chain lighting and very weak lightning bolt, they buffed a bit our single target. (Btw. UF will be now even stronger to consider)
    I have personally found that while UF sims really well now, in actual gameplay I have found it vastly inferior to the other 2 options. Mostly because everytime you cast chain lightning (which is a lot) youre not getting any benefit from UF....UF Is awful for focus cleaving and AoE....while PE is great for pure AoE and EB ok all around

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    I have personally found that while UF sims really well now, in actual gameplay I have found it vastly inferior to the other 2 options. Mostly because everytime you cast chain lightning (which is a lot) youre not getting any benefit from UF....UF Is awful for focus cleaving and AoE....while PE is great for pure AoE and EB ok all around
    I understand that UF is inferior for AoE packs due to it not being included in our AoE rotation, but I fail to see how EB is superior to UF in AoE situations? Usually we do not EB at all during AoE, so wouldnt it just put it on the same level as UF in that situation?