Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Click Enable Stat Valuations to see spell breakdowns. Remove a couple of cloac procs and I'm still miles ahead of the sim. Meta procs are possibly a little low, but I'll take the hit.
    you see the simulations not all. i would check later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Female Dwarf is a good yard stick that doesn't take too long to set up. Also, I think calling FD a sim is leading to a bit of confusing. SimC is a sim, it simulates the actual game play (it fires shots etc), FD is a sophisticated calculator.

You should be able to get fairly close to FD +- a few % depending on the situation.
    you still sim on femaledwarf. you can see the sim log used when calculating your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    you still sim on femaledwarf. you can see the sim log used when calculating your dps.
    The simulation on my site is primarily used to figure out your shot counts and uptime of specific abilities. It is used to calculate your dps but only indirectly- basically once the shot counts are figured out the math is applied to calculate the expected dps for each ability on average then added up. It's not a full simulation in the way a program like simc works where the dps is basically calculated directly through the sim, by tracking everything that happens and calculating damage for each ability used directly, taking into account what is active when the shot is fired.

Simc also runs many iterations of the simulation to determine dps, which is why the results can vary a bit from run to run. The dps should always be the same when using my site as true randomness isn't implemented at any point, only estimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    The simulation on my site is primarily used to figure out your shot counts and uptime of specific abilities. It is used to calculate your dps but only indirectly- basically once the shot counts are figured out the math is applied to calculate the expected dps for each ability on average then added up. It's not a full simulation in the way a program like simc works where the dps is basically calculated directly through the sim, by tracking everything that happens and calculating damage for each ability used directly, taking into account what is active when the shot is fired.

Simc also runs many iterations of the simulation to determine dps, which is why the results can vary a bit from run to run. The dps should always be the same when using my site as true randomness isn't implemented at any point, only estimated.
    ty for the clarification, still pretty good site if you take into account the limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love FD as I can check if a piece of gear I got is an upgrade or not.
    Like yesterday I got 516ilvl belt vs my old 502, and the higher ilvl belt was giving me lower dps.
    PM me weird stuff :3