Thread: Norushen DPS

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Norushen DPS

Hey guys

I raid with a bunch of 10 people and we just can't get past the Norushen encounter, i'm a 530Ilvl Destro Warlock pulling between 150-180k dps, there's also a ret pally pulling 150-180k dps, the rest are on about 130k, but we seem to hit the enrage every time, are we doing something wrong?

Is there any combo of tank / healers / dps we should use specifically for the teleport orb rotation?

Thanks

Are u taking the orbs to purify ur corruption? On my team, whats we do is let top DPS enter first, once purified they deal 100% damage to boss and adds. If u r not doing that u will surely hit enrage.

Deleted
    We run best dps and a healer for first, second best dps and healer for second and then just roll dps.

Just focus the boss if you are cleansed and let uncleansed dps handle adds. Lust when enough dps has been in the event thingy. Somewhere around 50% or so when people also will be getting their cds back.

In my group we let the dps remove their corruption first. Only tanks and healers eat the aoe dmg thing that the big adds leave. That way dps will have 0 corruption in a large portion of the fight. The downside is that healers will have a lot of corruption most of the fight, making healing challenging.

Deleted
    in my group we only let the dps and tanks use the orbs, we set up an order for the dps to go in, and generaly there all at 0% by around 50% boss hp , when we use lust. as theres two orbs its dps taking the right orb and tanks taking the left one. and yeah only healers and tank should soak the puddles the big adds leave, no dps should at all. also dont use lust at start, use it at around 50% hp.

Quote Originally Posted by star-nosed-mole-man View Post
    in my group we only let the dps and tanks use the orbs, we set up an order for the dps to go in, and generaly there all at 0% by around 50% boss hp , when we use lust. as theres two orbs its dps taking the right orb and tanks taking the left one. and yeah only healers and tank should soak the puddles the big adds leave, no dps should at all. also dont use lust at start, use it at around 50% hp.
    This is exactly what we do. We send in:

Best DPS/Off Tank - Healer absorbs 1st puddle
    2nd best DPS/Main Tank - Off tank absorbs next 4 puddles
    3rd DPS/Off tank (after absorbing 4 puddles) - Main tank absorbs next 4 puddles
    4th DPS/Main Tank - Off Tank/Main tank absorb rest of the puddles
    5th DPS

The boss hits 50% right around there, and we stop sending people in. We 2 heal it with 2 tanks, so yes one of our DPS never clears his corruption. We found it was a lot harder to send 2 DPS into the orbs at the same time because of all the adds that end up spawning, so we just did it like this and the one DPS that can't clear corruption does like 80k DPS, while all the others are doing 150-180k.

Lust at 50%, but still focus adds over boss or the damage will get too high.

best strat is generally let ur top dps go in first, the DPS challenge is a joke and only takes like 10-15 seconds to complete. and they'll be set for the remaining 6:45 mins of the encounter. Next u can let healers go or w/e and you'll be fine. if dps arent switching to the small adds, maybe thats their problem.. but its really a very basic fight, purify self, kill adds, avoid laser beam and win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, i'll pass along the message, we're all averaging 130k+ dps but constantly hitting the enrage, seems like a gear check quite early on.

Deleted
    We have it like this:

Tank+DpS
    Tank+DpS
    Healer+DpS
    Healer+DpS
    Healer+DpS

You can absolutely have a couple of waves where you have 2 dps go in, just use healing cooldowns when the adds come out. Good Luck!

If you are close to the enrage timer it might be an idea to get your off tank just pick up the last 2/3 big adds and tank them so your dps just concentrate on the boss. When the boss's health drops below 50% the damage done to the adds is no longer transferred to the boss.

Due to having an undergeared dps and enrage issues, we do it like this:
    DPS+DPS (our top 2 dps)
    DPS+Tank (3rd dps and high dps tank)
    DPS+Tank (4th dps and lower dps tank)
    Dps+healer (weakest dps+disc priest)
    Healer
    Healer

Orb economy is one of the most important things to manage in this fight. We always have the next person who goes in grab the orb, and the last orbs are soaked by healers. Only the 3rd dps (the one with the first tank) picks up an orb--otherwise orbs are all collected by whoever is about to go in that isn't a dps (since dps grabbing an orb means an extra small add, while a tank grabbing an orb adds no difficulty to their trial). The double-dps adds on top don't seem overwhelming at the start of the fight when everyone's fresh and the Boss's AoE is low, just so long as dps is focusing down the adds quickly. The high dps tank often has the tank trial done in ~20 seconds, while the lower dps tank takes 45+ seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzzr View Post
    If you are close to the enrage timer it might be an idea to get your off tank just pick up the last 2/3 big adds and tank them so your dps just concentrate on the boss. When the boss's health drops below 50% the damage done to the adds is no longer transferred to the boss.
    Correct. This seems to be a point a lot of people ignore. DPS should not have corruption after 50% so you need tanks and heals with free slots to take it. Even if there doesn't seem to be a *need* to send healers/tanks down, it will increase your overall dps in the last 50%.

Wrong, only the damage done on the adds summoned by the boss isn't reflected back at the boss. If you send a DPS down below 50% the damage done on the adds he spawns will still be reflected on the boss.

To try and optimize DPS, have your purified DPS(ers) focus more on the boss and all those who aren't yet on the adds. Damage is reduced on the boss by your corruption level, but not on the adds, and that damage gets fully copied into the boss (except for the 5 manifestations summoned by the boss itself)
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

That's around our DPS, we run:

* Prot Paladin
    * Brewmaster Monk
    * Mage (was Arcane)
    * Destro Lock
    * Hunter (I think BM)
    * Rogue
    * Resto Shaman
    * Resto Druid
    * MW Monk (was an undergeared casual player we brought along)
    * Shadow Priest

I'm pretty sure our order was:
    1) Shadow Priest & Mage (Tanks soak Corruption)
    2) Rogue + Tank (Warlock soaks)
    3) Warlock + Tank (Purified Tank soaks)

I honestly cannot remember if we sent anyone down after that, I think we might have gotten to 50% by then. We tended to have the purified people tunnel the boss, and the non-purified people focus on the adds

Here is the log of our kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gt...?s=3892&e=4279
    I also have last night's raid on my Twitch stream (link in my signature), but I couldn't tell you when the Norushen kill starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    That's around our DPS, we run:

* Prot Paladin
    * Brewmaster Monk
    * Mage (was Arcane)
    * Destro Lock
    * Hunter (I think BM)
    * Rogue
    * Resto Shaman
    * Resto Druid
    * MW Monk (was an undergeared casual player we brought along)
    * Shadow Priest

I'm pretty sure our order was:
    1) Shadow Priest & Mage (Tanks soak Corruption)
    2) Rogue + Tank (Warlock soaks)
    3) Warlock + Tank (Purified Tank soaks)

I honestly cannot remember if we sent anyone down after that, I think we might have gotten to 50% by then. We tended to have the purified people tunnel the boss, and the non-purified people focus on the adds

Here is the log of our kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gt...?s=3892&e=4279
    I also have last night's raid on my Twitch stream (link in my signature), but I couldn't tell you when the Norushen kill starts.
    Your mage was frost.
    And yeah, your hunter was indeed BM.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    We roll with this order:

DPS1
    DPS2
    Discpriest (Because dps and heals!)
    Tank1
    DPS3
    Healer2
    Tank2
    DPS4
    DPS5
    Healer3
    Tank1*

Since most of our dps are within 20k of each other, the DPS caller finds it humorous to have them race to orbs. "First to it gets it!"

* We generally have the tanks soak the first two orbs, then the healer going in second soak the third. First tank sometimes goes in again at about 55% to make sure stacks are good for the rest.

This method proved to be most stable for us, with 3 healers-

We divided the orbs into "left" and "right" and assigned them the following orders-
    # Left/Right
    1: DPS/DPS
    2: Heal/DPS
    3: Heal/DPS
    4: Tank/DPS
    5: Tank/Heal

The damage the healers have to keep up with increases as the fight goes on (due to the AoE pulse aura scaling with the boss' hp). It's trivial to handle a double add wave as long as you do it immediately when the fight begins. You can send your tanks down quite late as long as you have DPS picking up pools just before it's their turn to go and get cleansed.
    Last edited by Chiquihuite; 2013-09-26 at 06:32 PM.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Your mage was frost.
    And yeah, your hunter was indeed BM.
    Ah yeah that's right she switched to Frost because she was having issues with Arcane due to the Rune thingie in the trial. Funny that she still ranked on the fight as Frost with gear gemmed/reforged for Arcane.

15+ Year Old Account
    The damage done to the adds is done to the boss so you're better off dragging them onto the boss and cleaving them down. Or if you have a dps not being purified have them focus on each big add post 50%. They will do 100% damage to the add while it's dying versus debuffed damage on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The damage done to the adds is done to the boss so you're better off dragging them onto the boss and cleaving them down. Or if you have a dps not being purified have them focus on each big add post 50%. They will do 100% damage to the add while it's dying versus debuffed damage on the boss.
    Not the 5 the boss spawns due to its health reaching the 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10% thresholds, nope. That damage isn't reflected.