Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Edit: nevermind figured out why I was dumb, game looks fun excited to try it out c:
    Last edited by Talby; 2013-09-28 at 11:24 PM.

I tried to get the trial for guild wars 2, but I played aion a long time ago and have a ncsoft account (with a guild war account on it) when I try to register its just won't let me. its always complicated with ncsoft. Guess by the time my issue is resolve trial period will be over lol

To those that are on the fence about GW2, I will highly recommend you to give it a shot. I was very skeptical at first aswell, and was almost done with the mmo genre in general. But this game truly rocks. Good opportunity to try it for urself for free

Deleted
    I agree with Kaidog. I've participated in 2 weekend trials before finally buying the full game. At first, I disliked it completely, but after playing it a second time I got in love with this game. I can guarantee you that if you willl enjoy this weekend trial, your money will be well spent if you decide to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just signed up mid trial and it will not let me login, keeps saying there is an error. fuck GW2

ANet is having issues with this trial sign-up for some reason. None of the previous trials had such snafus.

Tried it, its pretty neat. Some weapons skills are horrible on some class. it doesn't seem much balanced in that maner. End game is mostly pvp right? I tried going in there but those instructor are pretty underwhelming with information. once I zoned in to my server's borderland I couldn't figure out how to go back to story mode... The upleveling and downleveling is nice however a lv 5 in pvp lol.

What you do at max level is pretty varied, but also consists a lot of what you do as you level. There isn't a big change at max level. You can leave WvWvW by going through the portal to Lion's Arch, which should be by your spawn point on each map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    Tried it, its pretty neat. Some weapons skills are horrible on some class. it doesn't seem much balanced in that maner. End game is mostly pvp right? I tried going in there but those instructor are pretty underwhelming with information. once I zoned in to my server's borderland I couldn't figure out how to go back to story mode... The upleveling and downleveling is nice however a lv 5 in pvp lol.
    Weapon skills vary on what kind of playstyle you want, for example engineer with rifle is for mobility on pvp mostly (not dmg at all) and pistol shield goes for tanky on pvp and extremely based on conditions and counter vs ranged while double pistol i have no idea, never played it (even tho i've been playing since the BWE1)

Once you get to a borderland you have to get to the portal to lion's arch at the entrance of it.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Weapon skills vary on what kind of playstyle you want, for example engineer with rifle is for mobility on pvp mostly (not dmg at all) and pistol shield goes for tanky on pvp and extremely based on conditions and counter vs ranged while double pistol i have no idea, never played it (even tho i've been playing since the BWE1)

Once you get to a borderland you have to get to the portal to lion's arch at the entrance of it.
    You do realise that the current engi rifle "meta" is a burst build right?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You do realise that the current engi rifle "meta" is a burst build right?
    God forbid if i don't play meta.

I don't care about what you play or how you do it (as long as it doesn't affect me), what I do care about is that your statement is wrong and thus you are spreading bad information.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    for example engineer with rifle is for mobility on pvp mostly (not dmg at all)
    Was the part I was responding to (but I don't like to quote only part of what I'm responding to since I find context rather important). I wanted to point out that the only build deemed "viable" does exactly what you're saying it can't do.

Plz refrain from using stupid strawman arguments in the future, I entertained your BS reply (the strawman) once in the future I'll just point out it's a strawman.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

For those still interested in playing the free trial, it has been extended until Sunday, October 6th.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/g...sale-extended/