Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Many people with preexisting conditions or family history of health issues didn't.
    yet reality clearly shows that these people still manage to find healthcare and live on..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I will live to see the destruction of America and witness liberals get the paradise they demand, aka: nation wide Detroit.

And honestly you all deserve it.

The liberal voters deserve it because they're too concerned with being hip and cool and opposing those evil racist tea baggers to understand how destructive the things they're supporting are. Bahhhh bahhhh sheeple.

Everybody else deserves it because this plague of liberalism didn't spring up over night, its been growing in power for decades and only now people are waking up? Too little too late.
    you have no idea how badly I want you to be wrong about this.. unfortunately I don't think you are
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    yet reality clearly shows that these people still manage to find healthcare and live on..
    Actually, a lot of them go bankrupt, have the government pay for it, or just die.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Completely true. Except for the jacked up the rates part. The rates over the past year went up more slowly than they had in previous years.

Oh and the part about slashing hours also is untrue. While anecdotally you can find a few here and there who did it, the number of part time jobs has stayed stable and so there is no big rush to cause full-time to become part-time to avoid having to provide health insurance. The big rush to part time jobs happened during the Great Recession and before Obamacare.

The one part you got right was minimum wage being below the poverty line.
    Employers cutting full time positions to avoid having to pay for insurance has been all over the news. Its been going on for years but many more have openly admitted to doing it more and more since Obamacare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Says a survivor!

I will live to see the destruction of America and witness liberals get the paradise they demand, aka: nation wide Detroit.

The liberal voters deserve it because they're too concerned with being hip and cool and opposing those evil racist tea baggers to understand how destructive the things they're supporting are. Bahhhh bahhhh sheeple.

Everybody else deserves it because this plague of liberalism didn't spring up over night, its been growing in power for decades and only now people are waking up? Too little too late.
    Destruction of America. Because more people will be allowed to buy health insurance.

Speaking on behalf of the majority of the rest of the industrialized world where we all do have socialized medical systems already: you guys look like drama queens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Employers cutting full time positions to avoid having to pay for insurance has been all over the news. Its been going on for years but many more have openly admitted to doing it more and more since Obamacare.
    The proportion of part time jobs has barely changed since the end of the recession. Yes, there are a few anecdotal cases of employers doing this, but they seem to be in the vast minority.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, a lot of them go bankrupt, have the government pay for it, or just die.
    and you honestly believe Obamacare changes this?

the only difference now is how the low income government insurance is being funded.. and people will just wait until they are sick.. then sign up for insurance.. and once their treatment is finished they can drop the coverage.. which will drive the costs up for the people who try to be responsible and have coverage before they are sick..

Obamacare isn't solving any problems.. it's just changing them into different problems
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Speaking on behalf of the majority of the rest of the industrialized world where we all do have socialized medical systems already: you guys look like drama queens.
    Socialized medicine wouldn't kill America, Obamacare will.

Don't be mistaken, Obamacare isn't about providing insurance for the uninsured. If it were then every uninsured person in the country could have already been covered for the next 4 years from the money spent PROMOTING Obamacare alone.

No no, Obamacare is about 5 things, the same 5 things any liberal plan is about:

Growing the size and power of government.
    Controlling the people.
    Regulating the industry.
    Destroying the free market/capitalism.
    Making the people dependent so they cant step out of line.
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2013-09-27 at 03:57 AM.

the only difference now is how the low income government insurance is being funded.. and people will just wait until they are sick.. then sign up for insurance.. and once their treatment is finished they can drop the coverage.. which will drive the costs up for the people who try to be responsible and have coverage before they are sick..

Obamacare isn't solving any problems.. it's just changing them into different problems
    Of course Obamacare changes this. They'll have insurance without caps now, and cannot be denied insurance or dropped for pre-existing conditions. It won't get rid of 100% of the cases, but it shouild drastically cut them down.

Plus you won't have to forego checkups and then only get care once your condition is acute and expensive to treat, and so even if you do incur costs for treatment it will likely be lower than it would have been. This is how every other country gives their citizens health care at a far lower cost than the US: they treat stuff early because almost everyone has access to a doctor. Well, now the US will be doing more of that.

BTW, they can't just "wait until they are sick" to sign up. The open enrollment periods prevent that. If they get sick before they sign up they'll have to start trying to go through the health care system without insurance, which will not be fun for them.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog...-for-insurance

- - - Updated - - -

Socialized medicine wouldn't kill America, Obamacare will.
    Then I take it we'll see you fighting for a single payer system to replace Obamacare? Democrats would have preferred that. They went with this system to try to get Republicans onboard.
    Last edited by ptwonline; 2013-09-27 at 04:00 AM.

It does help with the bankruptcy. The insurance you purchase from the exchanges has out of pocket caps that aren't in bankruptcy territory. $6750 isn't a walk in the park, but I wouldn't declare bankruptcy with that either. It also opens up people with pre-existing conditions. That was a major problem before. I agree that it will only lead to higher costs though, I don't find anything in it to actually lower costs.

Deleted
    Having read all this I'm glad to be an European. I mean we pay a ton more taxes but most people dont really care about that since most off it goes to good things instead of pointless wars etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    Having read all this I'm glad to be an European. I mean we pay a ton more taxes but most people dont really care about that since most off it goes to good things instead of pointless wars etc.
    Our taxes don't pay for wars. Thats what our credit card is for.

I can see the reverse stance being we've lived under the boot heel of greedy backward as fuck conservatives for too long. epic dramatizations are fun.

Yup. Seeing all the problems in the US (guns, abortions, health care, budgets, politics in general) I feel like I won the Geography Lottery by being born in Canada.

I hung out with some friends the other day and one has a wife and 8 year old stepson who are recent immigrants from Chile. The child overheard us talking as one of us mentioned how he hated his job and wanted a new one. The child chimed in and said "why dont you just go on Obamacare?" We laughed and asked him "whats Obamacare?" To which he responded "its when you don't like working and the government pays for you."

"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is." -Yoda

Yes. It's susceptible to all sorts of manipulation, which is why conservatives are trying to keep things like Evolution out of schools, and getting religion in.

I hung out with some friends the other day and one has a wife and 8 year old stepson who are recent immigrants from Chile. The child overheard us talking as one of us mentioned how he hated his job and wanted a new one. The child chimed in and said "why dont you just go on Obamacare?" We laughed and asked him "whats Obamacare?" To which he responded "its when you don't like working and the government pays for you."

About as true as a child believing in Santa too.

the similarities between an 8 year old and a right winger are sobering.

Deleted
    Yup. Seeing all the problems in the US (guns, abortions, health care, budgets, politics in general) I feel like I won the Geography Lottery by being born in Canada.
    Yep, sometimes I really wonder if the USA deserves the status 'first world country'. But then on the other side I really like america for the time/money they spend on science and technology, Ah well..

Yep, sometimes I really wonder if the USA deserves the status 'first world country'. But then on the other side I really like america for the time/money they spend on science and technology, Ah well..
    Depends on what state you're in TBH.

Hey, don't get me wrong: the US is a GREAT country and has a lot of really fantastic people. As usual it's a few bad apples who seem to spoil it for everyone else.