Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

"Heroes of the Storm" Trademark Application (UP: Now in Canada too)

http://www.iponz.govt.nz/app/Extra/C...57236771292786

Trademarked today. As far as I'm aware, you cannot submit false applications to the New Zealand trademark office. This is real.

AJ Park is the same man who helped Blizzard file Mists of Pandaria, Reaper of Souls, Hearthstone, etc.

UPDATE:

Hearthstone's description is "9 Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program" because it's digital only. Heroes of the Storm's is "9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs." which EXPLICITLY mentions physical versions - which Hearthstone does not have, and the also digital-only Blizzard All-Stars will not have.

There are NO TRADEMARKS for books/toys/etc in NZ. ONLY services and games. As mentioned right before this, there is NO mention for a physical game in Hearthstone's trademark. There is in Heroes of the Storm's. There is no chance this is a Hearthstone related item unless they're planning on releasing a PHYSICAL, boxed expansion for their closed beta DIGITAL ONLY F2P card game.

CATACLYSM TRADEMARKED: July 1st, 2009. Announced two months later at Blizzcon on August 20th. (Entirety of July and majority of August. Much closer to two months than one month.)

MISTS OF PANDARIA TRADEMARKED: August 2nd, 2011. Announced two months later at Blizzcon on October 21st.

HEROES OF THE STORM TRADEMARKED: September 25th, 2013. Possible announcement two months later at Blizzcon on November 8th?

UPDATE OCTOBER 2ND, 2013:

Heroes of the Storm has been trademarked and formalized in Canada!

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-ci...tIndexOnPage=1
    Last edited by Darrowshire; 2013-10-02 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    heroes of the storm is a terrible name (just quietly..)

sounds like a book, not an expansion.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    heroes of the storm is a terrible name (just quietly..)

sounds like a book, not an expansion.
    None of the books are trademarked in NZ

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm praying this isn't the expansion name, Plz be a book like Moko said.

The Dark Below, Rise of the Legion, Hell even Corki's Unleashed sounded better.

Let me put my tin foil hat on!, Could this have anything to do with Blizzard Dota / All-Stars ???

Edit: Seriously though this is so cheesy, atleast The Dark Below & Rise of the Legion gave you goose bumps.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-09-25 at 05:45 AM.

I think the line between book titles and expansion titles is very blurry. I would never have thought that Mists of Pandaria would be an expansion name; at the time, it did sound more like a book name (of course in my opinion). I'll agree though, it's kind of cheesy.

I'll keep my eye out for this, but after the Dark Below fiasco, I certainly won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I'm praying this isn't the expansion name, Plz be a book like Moko said.
    No toys, books, comics, etc are trademarked in NZ. Only the company name, Battle.net, Battlechat, Blizzcast, and the games. I'm 99% sure this is the expac.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That shit sounds stupid as hell I pray that's not the expansion name

HoTs

Lols

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    No toys, books, comics, etc are trademarked in NZ. Only the company name, Battle.net, and the games. I'm 99% sure this is the expac.
    Hahaha like Dark bellow right? Right?

Cmon

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    That shit sounds stupid as hell I pray that's not the expansion name

HoTs

Lols

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha like Dark bellow right? Right?

Cmon
    Huge difference between the places these trademarks were submitted buddy

10+ Year Old Account
    Any trademark said to be filed by Blizz is always interesting news, especially the closer we get to Blizzcon. But that is such a bad name. Still excited to hear what it is though!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huge difference between the places these trademarks were submitted buddy
    Oh please I'll go make a trademark in that site and you will randomly believe it so gullible

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Oh please I'll go make a trademark in that site and you will randomly believe it so gullible
    Okay, do it.

Eh, true or false, I'm really interested in seeing what people will come up with for this one. Comon' people, be creative!

Heroes of the Storm
    Heroes of the Storm
    Into this realm we're born
    Into this quest we're thrown
    Like a map without a zone
    We'll queue for raids alone.
    Heroes of the Storm

/Morrison mode

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Eh, true or false, I'm really interested in seeing what people will come up with for this one. Comon' people, be creative!
    One of two things, IMO:

"Storm" refers to the Burning Legion raining down from the skies, or it's the first expansion/booster set for Hearthstone.

One of two things, IMO:

"Storm" refers to the Burning Legion raining down from the skies, or it's the first expansion/booster set for Hearthstone.
    Okay, so who likes storms? Al'akir. Who didn't get enough lore? Al'akir. What is my favorite color? Al'akir.

Half-life 3 confirmed.

Infracted. Please, people don't need to keep using this term. Getting quite old and doesn't really fit here.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-09-25 at 09:15 AM.

One of two things, IMO:

Totally forgot that Hearthstone's full name (or sub name, whatever it is) is "Heroes of Warcraft." That certainly sounds like a plausible idea, but it seems pretty early for a planned expansion considering the game is still in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Totally forgot that Hearthstone's full name (or sub name, whatever it is) is "Heroes of Warcraft." That certainly sounds like a plausible idea, but it seems pretty early for a planned expansion considering the game is still in beta.
    That, along with having "heroes" in two straight versions of the game's name would just be redundant

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    An entire expansion in the sky. Think bioshock infinite where a steampunk vibe is added to the game.

-Legion takes over the entire elemental plane of air, puts their own twist to it.
    -Alakir's successor is now under Kil'jadens command.
    -We have to defeat the various armies of fel air demons.
    -idk, we team up with earth and water elementals, with horde getting anmorphized earth race, while alliance gets water. Like worgen, they switch from elemental models to humanoid models.

This sounds like something completely new, which can fit this expansion name.

One of two things, IMO:

Eh, the "storm" idea you brought forth feels clunky at best. Maybe....sky zones? Oh, oh, wait, I've got it, we start making assaults on elemental planes!

Sorry, I'm trying haha.

Deleted
    A bit of a naive name, it sounds like a Rhapsody song title. Still, it's better than "The Dark Below". But I'm not sure what the storm could mean regarding WoW lore?
    Last edited by mmocf77227e8ed; 2013-09-25 at 04:54 AM.