Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it may actually be a new brand, possibly. Considering Hearthstone was one small project it could be a new team of a smaller size making this. It is certainly a multiplatform product considering the description, so perhaps a new f2p game?

It could also be WoW related or StarCraft 2+Diablo 3+WoW related in some form. Perhaps it has something to do with an older brand even? Lost Vikings? Will be interesting to see what's going to happen at BlizzCon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I believe it may actually be a new brand, possibly. Considering Hearthstone was one small project it could be a new team of a smaller size making this. It is certainly a multiplatform product considering the description, so perhaps a new f2p game?

It could also be WoW related or StarCraft 2+Diablo 3+WoW related in some form. Perhaps it has something to do with an older brand even? Lost Vikings? Will be interesting to see what's going to happen at BlizzCon.
    Lost Vikings sequel for iOS, Android, and Steam.

Actually, that doesn't sound so improbable.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Lost Vikings sequel for iOS, Android, and Steam.

Actually, that doesn't sound so improbable.
    I would be very surprised if I saw a Blizzard game on Steam ever. If it's on PC it will be tied to Battle.Net with a pretty much 100% guarantee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Cataclysm had all those attributes
    Not really, Deathwing wasn't already dead, it wasn't random an old god/Deathwing expansion was pretty likely, and Deathwing was talked about throughout the entire game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I would be very surprised if I saw a Blizzard game on Steam ever. If it's on PC it will be tied to Battle.Net with a pretty much 100% guarantee.
    Yeah Steam was the only part that likely wouldn't happen.

I just tossed it up there because what Steam is good for is releasing 2D platformers designed to emulate the days of the NES/SNES.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    I'm thinking Hearthstone expansion is definitely the way to go with this.

Nothing on the US Trademark Office search yet...http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.e...805:ihpgj9.1.1
    I hope so, maybe it will add the monk class and a mogu based deck (like the murloc deck), maybe it could also add hozen and the koi fish race (i forgot their name) deck :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds... interesting.

Guess we'll find out in November, though the wait is murder. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Its likely a cataesque thallgasm they had but with stormrage instead, since they were meant to be split story during cata but malfies bit got dropped near the end (abyssal maw) they likely saved it for this xpac. Malfies going to be strutting around kicking ass and taking names sorting out all the shit the nelves caused (Burning Legion, trolls, Azhara, xavius, maelstrom, fire druids, zombie-illidan, kael'thlas (again) and some general gardening and maintenence druids do.) and were like the community service people forced to do all his work for him in the claais wow style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Apathy...Still waiting for you to make a trademark on that site with AJ Park as your case contact...

No??

Still not?

thought so.

Sure this could have been said in 19 pages of comments but...

inb4 mobile app/game precursor to next expansion with a focus on Alleria and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Malfies going to be strutting around kicking ass and taking names sorting out all the shit the nelves caused (Burning Legion, trolls, Azhara, xavius, maelstrom, fire druids, zombie-illidan, kael'thlas (again) and some general gardening and maintenence druids do.)
    Trolls? What have the trolls done that the Night Elves caused?

Deleted
    Exactly why a Timewalker's expansion won't happen.

Cata is what single-handedly eviscerated the game, and it's been slowly dying ever since.
    The only one of those things which was in Cata was the lack of a consistent continent, which in all honesty wasn't one of the big problems with Cataclysm. I think at some point we will get a Timewalker expansion and I don't necessarily see the lack of a central continent as a big problem. They could always create a central hub zone in the caverns of time from which you can just walk to the time-travel zones without the need for portals and loading screens.

Deleted
    Heroes of the Storm are Turalyon and co.? Something storm-ish could've happened to 'em!

10+ Year Old Account
    this sounds like an expansion featuring alleria and turalyon and a boatload of badassery...prepare your anuses friends, the legion is coming back
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like something to do with the Card game or Hearthstone. Or an eBook.

I am not too bothered to speculate further.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    *No villain we can kill, because we've already killed Murozond.
    Sort of. While Murozond supposedly exists outside of time, Ol' Whatshisface was still pretty bummed out because he knows he's still destined to become Murozond.

Edit: So not going to be a Hearthstone thing. Hearthstone is still in closed beta. Better name for a WoW expansion than Cataclysm.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that this trademark isn't confirmed just yet. It isn't likely to be used for a WoW expansion, as the trademark application mentions the software being used on "mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs".

On frontpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    The four general scenarios I can imagine are:

Burning Legion Expansion
    The name could, in some weird way, refer to Turalyon, Alleria, and their merry crew of seasoned warriors fighting their way through the Twisting Nether.

Likeliness: 1 / 5.

It doesn't really sound like the title of a WoW expansion.

Queen Azshara Expansion
    It has the word storm in it, which can lead one to think about the oceans and Queen Azshara.

Likeliness: 1 / 5.

Bit too far-fetched, and still doesn't sound like the title of a WoW expansion.

Hearthstone Content
    I suppose the name is slightly similar to Hearthstone's sub-title Heroes of Warcraft. They may be expanding the concept to include characters from other games, or a specific bit of Warcraft lore. Day 1 DLC-style.

Likeliness: 3 / 5.

I'm not entirely on board with this really, but at least the name suggests they could be related.

Blizzard All-Stars Renamed
    This sounds more likely to me. Like someone else pointed out already, the title sounds like it could refer to a general collection of Blizzard characters which are placed in an abstract place like 'The Storm' to fight. Sort of like The Mists or whatever the name is, for Guild Wars 2 PvP.

Likeliness: 4 / 5.

This is my bet.

It should also be pointed out that Chris Metzen, Samwise, and a few other artists from Blizzard have a side-project for artists they call Sons of the Storm. This could potentially be influenced by them, whether it is a new game or something we know of.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-09-25 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    That shit sounds stupid as hell I pray that's not the expansion name
    People didn't take Mists of Pandaria seriously either, and it still happened. Just because it sounds stupid doesn't mean it isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Cataclysm had all those attributes
    And you think that is a good thing? Didn't Blizzard learn from the disaster that was Cataclysm, that those features do not work?