Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay this has gone on long enough. Im casting my vote for it being the official name of Blizzard All-Stars.
    I just post the info for blizzard all stars trade mark I'd this was going to be the name they would have payed to Change the trademark

I'm not sure what trade mark is but with just over a month to blizzcon and no wow trade marks up yet kinda makes you wonder

Made an account to shoot off my speculation.
    The front page of MMO-Champion states: "Keep in mind that this trademark isn't confirmed just yet. It isn't likely to be used for a WoW expansion, as the trademark application mentions the software being used on "mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs"."

Given its inclusion of mobile and cellular phones, tablets, etc. This makes me believe its some sort of mini-app or programs to do with the Son of the Storms. I haven't speculated exactly what yet, but perhaps a small fun project to do with their art team or art in general. Matches the names and the theme. While most of the time users in the community are considered Children of the Storm, Heroes is a new possibility seeing that a majority of the fan base of SotS play WoW and are the heroes of Warcraft.

I'm still going to have to think about it some more.
    Could just be an online App for their art gallery. But that would void the laptop/computer inclusion.

**I apparently cant post links until i have a higher post count but if you look up Sons of the Storm, you'll find their site.**

Second vote is New name for Blizz-Allstars, but seeing that they fought valve over the name of DOTA and Allstars, dropping it seems silly after all the effort.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funkays View Post
    Made an account to shoot off my speculation.
    The front page of MMO-Champion states: "Keep in mind that this trademark isn't confirmed just yet. It isn't likely to be used for a WoW expansion, as the trademark application mentions the software being used on "mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs"."

Given its inclusion of mobile and cellular phones, tablets, etc. This makes me believe its some sort of mini-app or programs to do with the Son of the Storms. I haven't speculated exactly what yet, but perhaps a small fun project to do with their art team or art in general. Matches the names and the theme. While most of the time users in the community are considered Children of the Storm, Heroes is a new possibility seeing that a majority of the fan base of SotS play WoW and are the heroes of Warcraft.

I'm still going to have to think about it some more.
    Could just be an online App for their art gallery. But that would void the laptop/computer inclusion.

**I apparently cant post links until i have a higher post count but if you look up Sons of the Storm, you'll find their site.**

Second vote is New name for Blizz-Allstars, but seeing that they fought valve over the name of DOTA and Allstars, dropping it seems silly after all the effort.
    The Sons of the Storm page was linked in this thread already. Seems to be a perfect fit for that IMO.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    I just post the info for blizzard all stars trade mark I'd this was going to be the name they would have payed to Change the trademark

I'm not sure what trade mark is but with just over a month to blizzcon and no wow trade marks up yet kinda makes you wonder
    No, it doesn't. this name doesn't tie into either of the possibilities for expansion V, I doubt Blizz would do a new continent after the backlash Pandaria got.

It's eitger fake, or not Wow-related.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Could be a mobile game. Blizzard admitted at the last Blizzcon that they began putting together a dev team specifically for expansion into mobile games.

Deleted
    No, it doesn't. this name doesn't tie into either of the possibilities for expansion V, I doubt Blizz would do a new continent after the backlash Pandaria got.
    Did Pandaria get a backlash? O.o

Most people I've chatted with enjoyed it both aesthetically and for its lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post

It comes down to

"KUNG FU PANDA"

"MOP IS CHILDISH" ...Despite the very barbaric and dark themes we've experienced.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post

Eh, I know a few ex-players who were put off by the premise; and of them, the ones who did give it a try just felt vindicated for disparaging it.

I suppose the thematic just didn't click with some people, be it "King Fu Panda hurr" or a general aversion to the lighter/softer vibe.

My guess: Dark Below IS the actual expansion. It was registered too soon, and blizz pulled it. Now they registered this crap, and at blizzcon they will reintroduce Dark Below.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Eh, I know a few ex-players who were put off by the premise; and of them, the ones who did give it a try just felt vindicated for disparaging it.

I suppose the thematic just didn't click with some people, be it "King Fu Panda hurr" or a general aversion to the lighter/softer vibe.
    This was the feeling of many older players (my 50 year old neighbor). Once he heard pandas, and lived through the hell of dragonsoul, he unsubbed before mop even launched. We were talking the other day, i mentioned how good the raids are now, and explained that pandas were actually in WC3 LONG before kungfu panda came out, and he's thinking about resubbing for next exp.

Honestly could be an expansion for Hearthstone, I know the games still in beta, but it is called Hearthstone -Heroes of Warcraft It could possibly be that Heroes of the Storm could be bringing in new Heroes (classes)/cards, that aren't the original nine.

Or maybe it is related to Blizzard All Stars, maybe they decided to change the name, I guess it could be a lot of things really But I dunno , it doesn;t feel like a WoW expansion title to me.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-09-26 at 06:40 PM. Reason: derp moment

I know it's not likely because of the mobile stuff, but I really hope it's a new Warcraft RTS game.

It's eitger fake, or not Wow-related.
    Backlash over continents? They got backlash for NOT doing continents in Cata

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Rain falls from clouds and wow players backlash and complain about everything. These things were determined upon the creation of the universe.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    They also got heavy backlash from people saying "Pandaria is cool and all, but it doesn't fit in Warcraft."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They also got heavy backlash from people saying "Pandaria is cool and all, but it doesn't fit in Warcraft."
    The problem was the theme, not that it was a continent. I've never seen people complain "man I hate continents, give me disconnected zones all over the world"

Hmm, HoTS could just be the name of a Day 1 DLC bundle of cards for Hearthstone maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It was called Stormrage because his name was Stormrage. Not because of anything to do with the Emerald Dream.

There's not really any correlation between the Emerald Dream and the word 'Storm' beyond Malfurion.
    I know. Like I said in my post, it's just very crazy speculation on my part.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

I remember this exact type of speculation when 'mists of pandaria' was trade marked, everyone said oh its gonna be a mini game or app. Due to the same responses i'm inclined to believe this is the expansion.

...I'm onto you undercover blizzard employees trying to get off us the scent of the new expansion!

not srs.

Maybe its new title for theit MOBA game?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I feel like you missed the point of my post.

Yes, that's all well and good. There's likely some sort of tie between N'zoth and the Emerald Dream. I'm not arguing against that. What I AM saying, however, is that there is no connection between the name 'Heroes of the Storm' and the Emerald Dream, and using the name 'Stormrage' as the link is incredibly weak and flimsy reasoning.
    Stormrage deafeted the lord of the nightmare Xavius with the help of a few friends. But also stated the nightmare still exists at the bottom of the maelstrom, and Xavius was a pawn for something much more evil (N'Zoth)

I agree Stormrage and heroes of the storm has no basis for insight.

But Stormrage (the character) does have a connection and ties to the dream, nightmare, n'zoth, the maelstrom, azshara etc.