Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Metzen's "MoP is the calm before the storm" comment makes alot more sense
    He said that referring to the war we'd bring to the continent of Pandaria, during the first showing of the gameplay trailer at Blizzcon. He said it to establish that the expansion wouldn't be as 'childish' as the trailer made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I'm skeptical this is the name of the next WoW expansion - it sounds like a collectible card game set to me - but I suppose if it is it could refer to the Infernal "storm" Wrathion shows in Pandaria. Of course, that's complete conjecture based on no real information.
    It's a trademark for an online video game.

On an unrelated note, I find it odd that everyone is focusing so much on Turalyon and Alleria. At the end of the day they are relatively minor characters in the wow universe, and their war was against the Orcs, not the Burning Legion itself, it'd be rather odd to bring back two characters who (realistically speaking) the majority of the player-base don't recognize or know. It seem to me that the most obvious "Hero" to face off against the Legion would be a resurrected Illidan... a character who didn't get a satisfying end, or much exposure and development in his own original expansion. With Illidan as the main character of the expansion, there are no issues of neutrality, since he's the sort of character (like Arthas) that all players regardless of faction tend to like (or hate =\). Turalyon and Alleria could easily have a presence as Heroes working under him, having established a small stronghold wherever they are.

Really this makes the title make a lot more sense.
    It seems foolish to name the expansion after minor characters, but with someone like Illidan leading the fight, it becomes something more akin to Wrath of the Lich King.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-09-30 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    I think heroes of the storm is a mobile game, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I think heroes of the storm is a mobile game, nothing more.
    Mobile games don't have physical copies.
    And they aren't computers.

It's a game that can also be played in some way through mobile devices, i.e. Hearthstone or Wow with mobile pet battles.
    Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    How does the fact that Hearthstone is coming to tablets - which we already knew ages ago - mean that HotS is an expansion for Hearthstone? O_o
    I still find it strange that Hearthstone's trademark filing mentions nothing of mobile devices and Heroes of the Storm's does. I don't recall them trademarking HS's full name (Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft) anywhere. I wonder if it's possible that they're changing "Heroes of Warcraft" to "Heroes of the Storm" and tacking on mobile devices to HotS's app so that it's covered for HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    He said that referring to the war we'd bring to the continent of Pandaria, during the first showing of the gameplay trailer at Blizzcon. He said it to establish that the expansion wouldn't be as 'childish' as the trailer made it out to be.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaesthenis View Post
    He was talking about a video of MoP area before we arrive. The storm was us coming to Pandaria. The storm already happened (and it blew up the vale of eternal blossoms)...

Metzen said :

"But in all seriousness, to give you a sense of what the next couple of years are gonna do for warcraft, at this time, the real enemy, the true villain of the franchise, is going to be war itself. Brothers and Sisters, my friends, red and blue are about to get it on with a level of ferocity that has not been seen since the heady days of warcraft 2.

To contextualize what you are about to see, get a picture in your head, the war that is coming between the alliance and horde, picture it as a storm on the horizon. The video you are about to see, the land that you are about to adventure through and experience, is much like the calm before that storm. This next expansionset is set in a place that has been lost to time for close to ten thousand years. It is a land of balance and harmony and beauty, and hope. That is, until we arrive.
    With all of our Hate and our violence and our unending factional conflict.
    "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    How does the fact that Hearthstone is coming to tablets - which we already knew ages ago - mean that HotS is an expansion for Hearthstone? O_o
    Since Hearthstone is coming to tablets, and this is an expansion for Hearthstone, wouldn't it make sense for it to be released on tablets/mobile devices? As well as digitally online, and a physical disk (like WoW/SC/Diablo expansions).
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Quote Originally Posted by Rigimi44 View Post
    Since Hearthstone is coming to tablets, and this is an expansion for Hearthstone, wouldn't it make sense for it to be released on tablets/mobile devices? As well as digitally online, and a physical disk (like WoW/SC/Diablo expansions).
    Why would they produce physical discs for a free game?
    That's just throwing money away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Riot seems to have sold LoL CE's with physical disks:

http://www.amazon.com/League-Legends-PC/dp/B002HOIPCW

Having something on store shelves also is a big boost to marketing and provides revenue through impulse buys (if they sell currency or booster packs of cards.)

Just going on the name, I could maybe see it being a Maelstrom expansion, though it does seem like an odd name for a WoW expansion to me. Not neccisarily bad, but seems unusual.

That said, I really doubt it's an expansion to hearthstone considering HS is still in beta, and the whole physical copy thing with HS itself not having it. The emphasis on tablets/mobile devices though has me thinking it may not be WoW but another smaller side game if this is legit, but it could also indicate something like mobile pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Riot seems to have sold LoL CE's with physical disks:

http://www.amazon.com/League-Legends-PC/dp/B002HOIPCW

Having something on store shelves also is a big boost to marketing and provides revenue through impulse buys (if they sell currency or booster packs of cards.)
    Pretty sure those are left over from when the game originally launched and wasn't free to play.

Deleted
    maybe they want to offer it for some gaming magazines like Neverwinter did? "We got 3 new games on our bonus disc + Hearthstone client with an exclusive code for super cool unique card"

or they are just securing the opportunity of producing physical discs for it.(in case of making non-free expansions on physical discs).

maybe they want to sell packs for hearthstone like they are selling gamecards for wow

Probably something for hand held devices. Blizzard is losing out on that market so they are probably trying to catch up. I hope it is something WoW related; I'd like to be able to do my transmutes and all of that from my phone whilel on the go instead of logging on 10 different alts to do all of that.

Besides, even if you assume it's for Hearthstone, there's no reason to TM a new name for the physical Collector's version of Hearthstone.
    That'd just confuse people and make them think there are two games, or that they need the CE for certain features.

Pretty sure those are left over from when the game originally launched and wasn't free to play.
    Ahh, I thought it was F2P from the beginning. Does anyone have a theory as to why HS does not include mobile devices in its List of Goods and Services? Were tablets not planned from the start?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could fit with the Stormcrow mount that was data mined

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Ahh, I thought it was F2P from the beginning. Does anyone have a theory as to why HS does not include mobile devices in its List of Goods and Services? Were tablets not planned from the start?
    That's the kink in all this: Hearthstone is a game that will be played in full on mobile devices, yet doesn't have that "mobile devices" clause. Why would anything WoW-related have that clause, especially when we know WoW won't be playable on a mobile device?

People are bringing up maybe they'll make a fishing or pet battle app....but those are minigames. Hearthstone is literally an entire game that doesn't specify that it can be played on mobile devices.

I don't know if we 100% know if the trademark is even real, but if it hasn't, then my opinion is that it's a hoax and the guy who made it didn't realize how Blizz listed things in the goods and services and mistakenly labeled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    One of two things, IMO:

"Storm" refers to the Burning Legion raining down from the skies, or it's the first expansion/booster set for Hearthstone.
    Heroes of the Storm could indicate and point towards Turalyon and Alleria.

I dont care if this is for WoW, Hearthstone, Diable, Blizz All Stars or a Book or anything else, but this is legitimately the worst name for an expansion I have ever seen/heard. I don't care if this is literally the boxed version of every dream and hope I've ever had. I really hope they change the name

10+ Year Old Account
    I also am having a hard time believe this is an expansion to World of Warcraft. I still think that The Dark Below will be the next WoW expansion because it would make sence and it's about time that we deal with Azshara. (-IF- She is in the expac ofcourse.) Heroes of the Storm sounds more like a mobile game. I guess we'll have to wait untill Blizzcon to have everything revealed!