Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Also, many formerly LFR-exlusive players are likely graduating on to Flex, meaning that along with the N/H players who have moved to Flex from LFR, the only people left in LFR are people who don't care about succeeding in it: leechers, AFK'ers, alts with Timeless Isle gear slopped together.
    oh please, most of the afk-ers I noticed in LFR are the "I'm too good for these scrubs" normal mode raiders

I'm still going with "lets wait a month before proclaiming the doom of LFR"

doing this on my mage now, just hit stack #4 on korkron dark shaman. interesting to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    oh please, most of the afk-ers I noticed in LFR are the "I'm too good for these scrubs" normal mode raiders

I'm still going with "lets wait a month before proclaiming the doom of LFR"
    I dont think anyone is saying lfr is doomed, just saying that the more quality players that made it easier are likely to not run it anymore in which makes it harder for those who exclusively run it.

On the server my main is on, no one was even doing Celestials tuesday evening. The number of guilds with any normal mode progress is down by more than 50% from ToT, which was down by nearly 50% from MSV.

Doom of LFR? Doom of raiding, more like it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    On the server my main is on, no one was even doing Celestials tuesday evening. The number of guilds with any normal mode progress is down by more than 50% from ToT, which was down by nearly 50% from MSV.

Not even close...my guild which has been steady memberswise had an influx of close to 20 recruits in the last week all looking to raid whether flex/normal. This is not on a high pop server by any means. It was like suddenly people stopped with the loyalty to a guild for 3 years that didnt raid because they actually wanted to progress. We are now running 3 different raids to accommodate this on top of flex.

Just did research as well for my realm....there are 8 more guilds this tier than last that is raiding.....
    Last edited by pallyopness; 2013-09-25 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    Third wipe on Galakras.
    Fucking tower groups with 3/5 players doing their jobs.

ARRGHHHHHHHHH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Blizzard needs to figure out a better way to immersively describe encounters. Dungeon Journal is a terrible way to learn about an encounter (it's a useful way to learn a detail about an ability). I'm opposed to watching videos and reading "strats" as a player who is interested in the immersion of the game.
    Immersive or not I really wish Blizzard would get the message for LFR and start putting in some basic instructions with their own DBM-style system that would do things like guide players to stop targeting the boss and target adds, etc. They sortof kindof do it now but not nearly enough. I don't think it would take a lot more for them to do that. Not so much--or at all--for flex, normal or heroic but for LFR, screw immersion if it helps players to learn what they're supposed to do. They can always make it so you can turn it off (which I think you can do now).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Immersive or not I really wish Blizzard would get the message for LFR and start putting in some basic instructions with their own DBM-style system that would do things like guide players to stop targeting the boss and target adds, etc. They sortof kindof do it now but not nearly enough. I don't think it would take a lot more for them to do that. Not so much--or at all--for flex, normal or heroic but for LFR, screw immersion if it helps players to learn what they're supposed to do. They can always make it so you can turn it off (which I think you can do now).
    People don't listen to what I post and spam in /RW, I doubt they'd listen to a post from Blizz either.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Well, last night was one of the worst LFR experiences that I've been a part of. I thought determination only stacked three times. Well, we went all the way to ten (10) stacks of determination. This gave us a 50% buff in the end and we barely pulled it off. The boss fight was General Nazgrim. You'd think it would be a a simple faceroll after 4-5 stacks (that's a massive buff), but we went up to 10 stacks. The only thing I can say is that there were definitely two afk dps and one fake healer in the raid. For some reason or another we did not kick them. I came into the fight when there was a two stack of determination. It took about 1 1/2 hours to do this boss, but we finally did it.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Im sorry but all I hear here is this simple fact:

"I do lfr because I don't have time for organized raiding hours a night."
    "I was in lfr for over 3 hours last night but oh well got the kill."
    "I was in q for over an hour, finally got into lfr and took 2.5 hours to clear"

and just think...that is for 1 wing!!!! Meanwhile (not trying to sound elitist, just pointing out the difference between organized raid times and lfr times) my guild cleared 10 bosses in just over 2.5 hours...
    Difference between LFR and your guild (well, there are many, but this is the pertinent one for this topic): your guild has a set raid time. I can queue for LFR whenever I have time. I can't guarantee I'll be online at 7 server for first pull and be able to devote 3 hours to a guild raid, but I can set aside a few hours after the kids are in bed to queue for LFR. And if one of them gets sick or I need to drop, I drop. No worrying about hurting the guild run or looking like a dick to my guildies.

Deleted
    i just facerolled the 2nd wing with only 1 wipe at dark shamans, europeans do it better XD

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I don't know whether it will sort itself out or whether we will see (more) nerfs later in the week.

But I guess we'll know pretty soon.

Blizzard needs to figure out a better way to immersively describe encounters. Dungeon Journal is a terrible way to learn about an encounter (it's a useful way to learn a detail about an ability). I'm opposed to watching videos and reading "strats" as a player who is interested in the immersion of the game.

But you wind up in these encounters and the only way you can figure them out from the actual experience is to mouseover debuffs, look at the combat log, et cetera.

Not very satisfying either.
    If you're opposed to reading strats or watching videos because of "immersion" then figuring out as you go is exactly what you are supposed to be doing. There should then be no extra description of events aside from ability reference in the Dungeon Journal by your logic because that takes away from game immersion. Every strat someone made is made by them trying things out and really that's the only way you can do a real "immersion".

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Guilds are still gearing up for SoO. Lots more guilds will start killing normal SoO bosses in the coming months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Still lying. that would mean an AVERAGE of 7 stacks per boss. Once you get to 4-5 stacks, bosses fall over and you can ignore almost every mechanism. I´ve been doing LFR 2 times per week since MoP started, and I´ve never seen a stack get over 4 including today. People only AFK or are lazy the first (or sometimes second) wipe. Once you wipe, all the lazy people drop group or take things a little seriously. If you have a 90% wipe and you are afk.. why would you requeue with that same group? They obviously aren´t going to carry you.

It is just funny how the people who constantly post about how LFR needs to be removed, are 1, not only doing LFR, but 2, always ALWAYS have these ´27 determination stack´ experiences. And the people who don´t mind LFR, or actually even enjoy it don´t really see the wipes as really that different than normal. For me personally, I was much more frustrated with my guild on Shaman then I was with my LFR group.
    ive zoned into tot lfrs that were at lei shen and 7+ stacks. my lfr refused to stop attack on nazgrim in d stance and with more than 4 axes churning each time, and the enrage timer finishing off those who dont stand in stuff it was 5 stacks when we killed.
    when i did it on flex at like 430 am, we one shot nazgrim and there wasnt a single axe. lfr is full of window lickers, always has been, always will be. lfr is designed for these people to be dragged through content by the rest of the group, and without determination, some groups literally cannot kill certain bosses.

wipe to nazgrim 20 times gg people cant figure out to kill adds and not hit boss

people just started kicking those that didnt stop attacking the boss

Deleted
    I joined an LFR group during Dark Shamans, ended up at 4 wipes before we got them. I just quit after our 3rd wipe on Nazgrim 60% HP because I don't have the patience to wait for 10 stacks of Determination.

Quote Originally Posted by CurseUser1 View Post
    wipe to nazgrim 20 times gg people cant figure out to kill adds and not hit boss

people just started kicking those that didnt stop attacking the boss
    Basically, lfr players want every fight every patch and expansion to be tank and spanks.....stand there and dps do nothing else....then they will complain about all encounters being the same and no imagination from blizzard in designing....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Ungemmed/unenchanted gear irritates me on a personal level a great deal, but it's also not necessary for LFR.

I wouldn't complain if part of the ilvl check included verifying that a person has at least X% of things gemmed and enchanted, though, but I don't think that's necessary.

I'm still gonna be irritated over those people though.
    OT:

I'd go along with a requirement that gear be at least partially gemmed and enchanted before you can queue for LFR (or whatever), but that would greatly inconvenience some folks on low pop servers where proper gems just aren't available or are something stupid like 400g apiece, unless you have your own JC.

In general I gem and enchant gear that I expect to keep for a few weeks (or longer), but a piece that I am expecting to replace immediately, I don't bother unless I am actually going to go pug raid or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Basically, lfr players want every fight every patch and expansion to be tank and spanks.....stand there and dps do nothing else....then they will complain about all encounters being the same and no imagination from blizzard in designing....
    No, LFR players like "fun fights" where you get to move around and do new and different stuff.

What we don't like is fights where a strategy is difficult to figure out and/or difficult to explain.

Blizzard need to nerf some boss or increase the ILVL req to enter for the next wings, 496 is fine for the first wing, but when you face a dps race like dark shaman or nazgrim and there is people doing 20-30k dps you will need 5 stack of determination to kill it i only see problems. so yea the second wing in lfr is over tunned for 496 gear.

Thank god openraid exist, my friend told me he finished the second wing in 3 hours with a 800g repair bill, not a single piece of loot for him.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2013-09-25 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Here's the deal with General Nazgrim: It's a cool fight based on execution: the DPS requirement is not that high if your group is decent, but you need to manage his rage correctly. That means killing the adds, don't standing in shit and stopping DPS at the right time. guess what the 3 biggest issues are for the average LFR player?