Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    I'd prefer character updates, maybe roll them out one at a time like the DD Guides suggested. I don't imagine there'd be another class just yet, seeing as MoP just released one.

If The Dark Below is the next expansion and Azshara and N'zoth the main focus, then god knows what the race will be. I dont want Naga-how would armor be shown on tails and multiple limbs? And when they use mounts, do they lie on top of them like slugs? It just seems lame to me. And besides, how the hell would there be a playable race of chaotic evil beings aligned with the Old Gods? It makes no sense lore-wise.
    Oh, and to paraphrase from a post somewhere else, there are 13 races, and some have been shafted and thrown to the side with their development, so why add a new race to further muddle everything up?
    Naga would just have tail barding in place of legs and boots. The texture of the armour would just wrap around the Naga and this is in fact already programmed into the game IIRC. No extra work would be required. On mounts Naga would go side-saddle, sat up-right with their tail draped over one side.

As for how a chaotic-evil race could join us, there are a few possibilities. The first (which personally I hate) is that there could be a splinter faction of good Naga, rebelling against Azshara and they end up siding with us. Personally I think this would take a lot away from the race. A second possibility is that there's a group lead by a particularly ambitious Naga who wants to usurp Azshara and perhaps isn't quite evil enough to want the whole world destroyed, so she and her followers join the Alliance and Horde. The third, and riskiest idea is that Azshara sends a group of fake defectors to join the Alliance and Horde, but when it becomes clear that we're going to win, some of them defect for real.

To those saying new character models, they should not be a selling feature of the expansion. For one, you don't need to buy the expansion to get new character models. Just like you didn't need to buy the Cataclysm to see the remade 1-60 world.

Secondly, they said they're going to most likely going to have a gradual rollout. Can you imagine the levels of whining when some people get to enjoy their new models on day 1 of the expansions and others have to wait for patch 6.1 or 6.2?

Lastly, new models aren't something they should rush to fit a expansion release date. Character models likely will not be updated again, so its important they take their time and do it right.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm personally hoping for a new class of some sort. New races would be good, but if Blizzard isn't giving us either of those, then I think we need Fourth Spec. and guaranteed New Models as a minimum. Otherwise, it doesn't feel like we're really getting that much in my opinion. There's the new content of course, but many players enjoy rolling new races, or trying new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Ridiculous. Best race (by far) in the game deserves to be available to both factions. But since you are blinded from some condition I am unable to fathom, I see no reason to continue to discuss this with you.
    The condition is faction pride and the desire to keep both of them as separate as possible. Once you start making the older races available to both sides then you may as well tear down the faction walls.

And Dwarves the best race? Isn't that a highly subjective answer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    The condition is faction pride and the desire to keep both of them as separate as possible. Once you start making the older races available to both sides then you may as well tear down the faction walls.

And Dwarves the best race? Isn't that a highly subjective answer?
    Maybe looser faction restrictions could be a good thing? I've heard plenty of people lament a general lack of world PvP, I woould imagine a good way to stir some up would be let the factions actually understand the smack talk each side throws toward the other.

And dwarves are clearly NOT the best race. The come in second to Trolls, naturally.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Hopefully none, its the last thing we need right now.

We need a better game not the sims or playing dress up new characters.

Too much work to update the existing vanilla and TBC models to Cata/Mop Standards, so I am thinking of another class or Path of the Titans becoming a HUGE feature to really differentiate within the same spec.
    I am hoping for the latter or new races....don't want another class again.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    If it's The Dark Below - Nagas
    If it's about the Burning Legion - Ethereal
    If it's neither then Ogres and High Elves
    The only one of these suggestions that I'd see playable is High Elves. I hope the rest NEVER will be playable.

My guess it's time for reskins... maybe different colors for each race, or a sublet of each race. Like maybe Dark Iron for Dwarves, Fel-Blood for Orcs or maybe Maghar, Taunka for Tauren, Leper for Gnomes, you know shit like that.

The only races I see possible, are the races that CURRENTLY have animations for the current class based structure. Which leaves Naga out for sure... you'd need boots. So that leaves races that are humanoid.

Taunka, Ogres, any of the High Elves(be it NE or BE), maybe Arrakoa, so I dunno. There are options.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gnome-fused-Tauren-Ogre hybrids
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    The only one of these suggestions that I'd see playable is High Elves. I hope the rest NEVER will be playable.
    I have the exact opposite opinion, and im an elf fan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I have the exact opposite opinion, and im an elf fan.
    I agree, I never got what the appeal was in having a re-skinned version of a Horde race. That said, they are the easiest race for the Alliance to get lorewise, and I suppose before BC they had Night Elf models. It's not unreasonable that they may get a second re-model which would make things seem a bit less lazy and rehashed. They could start off in Northeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I agree, I never got what the appeal was in having a re-skinned version of a Horde race.
    Well, when you think about it, the BElf is a re-skinned version of an Alliance race.

And most Alliance players don't want a re-skin. They want the same model, just with blue eyes.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Have you noticed that all new races/classes introduced are something that separated themselves from hostile/neutral faction and joined alliance/horde

that could mean nagas for an example would be potential race if one legged races were not impossible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Have you noticed that all new races/classes introduced are something that separated themselves from hostile/neutral faction and joined alliance/horde

that could mean nagas for an example would be potential race if one legged races were not impossible
    That could also mean a lot of people are kinda tired of that beat-to-death backstory. "Oh look, its ANOTHER rebel faction/splinter group/disenfrachised subunit! Better make 'em BFF's!". IF we get any new races next exp. It should just be races that;
    1) Don't require some tortuously contrived plot device to join us (ruling out naga, ethereals, aarakoa, and most other "fan faves"), and
    2) Make SOME kind of logical sense lore wise (Ogres should have been Horde ages ago, Helfs in the Alliance, etc)
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Dwarves for the Horde

Basically after Varian shows his favor towards Moira as he tends to be doing. A small subgroup (read, not all) of young, brash, hipster Bronzebeard Dwarves realize Magni was the only true king, and they don't want to be lead by some wine-drinking human nobel with an eye for Dark Iron ladies. They rebel against their faction and elders where they are taken in by Vol'Jin who promise them equality and fairness. Unlike the wise, lovable Alliance Dwarves, these ones are brash, arrogant, angry and largely less mature.
    for your viewing pleasure, some image from D&D that fits my description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Dwarves for the Horde

Basically after Varian shows his favor towards Moira as he tends to be doing. A small subgroup (read, not all) of young, brash, hipster Bronzebeard Dwarves realize Magni was the only true king, and they don't want to be lead by some wine-drinking human nobel with an eye for Dark Iron ladies. They rebel against their faction and elders where they are taken in by Vol'Jin who promise them equality and fairness. Unlike the wise, lovable Alliance Dwarves, these ones are brash, arrogant, angry and largely less mature.
    for your viewing pleasure, some image from D&D that fits my description.
    The only problem I have with this idea is the fact that Tauren have an intense dislike for dwarves, mainly due to the latter digging up all sorts of the former's holy sites. How would you rectify that issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The only problem I have with this idea is the fact that Tauren have an intense dislike for dwarves, mainly due to the latter digging up all sorts of the former's holy sites. How would you rectify that issue?
    They're all living with Sylvanas, I think they could live with dwarves that disavow the Explorer's League.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They're all living with Sylvanas, I think they could live with dwarves that disavow the Explorer's League.
    Yeah, but they aren't very happy with the Forsaken either. That was really the Forsaken taking advantage of the Tuaren's good nature in trying to find a "cure".
    I could see a group of Wildhammers maybe that "go native" and start learning the ways of the Earthmother to atone for dwarven archeaology. Kind of like an Azerothian equivalent of "Dances with Wolves".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    So far as I'm aware that only happened at one site in Mulgore and has now stopped. And in any case, during the war bad acts where committed on both sides, I think there's going to be a concerted effort to put it all behind us now, especially coming from the Tauren.

That said, I don't think we'll be getting neutral Dwarves any time soon. I can see the faction boundaries becoming more fluid, but It'd be more logical for Belfs and Draenei to become neutral imo. The seeds have already been planted for Belfs (and it would be good if Varian's comments existed for a purpose other than to ruin Jaina's credibility.), and Draenei are perhaps the most peaceful race on Azeroth so it would make sense for Velen to send emissaries to the Horde to strengthen inter-faction ties.