Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    If it's The Dark Below - Nagas
    If it's about the Burning Legion - Ethereal
    If it's neither then Ogres and High Elves
    Nagas will never be a playable race. End of story. Nagas dont have legs or feet, therefore, they cannot wear pants or boots.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Nagas will never be a playable race. End of story. Nagas dont have legs or feet, therefore, they cannot wear pants or boots.
    They could just make the armor wrap around their tails, y'know? And to end the whole "mount mechanics" problem, they could just sit side-saddle with their tail hanging off one side of the mount.

Seeing as how Blizzard can retcon anything to make a story, Nagas could be retconned into having a splinter faction, or rebel group against Azshara. OR, Azshara could just be going crazy with power and bloodlust that she's turning against her own people, and some (except for the super fanboys of the Naga world) are going to either the Alliance or the Horde for help on the situation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Not necessarily. Like I said, prior to BC high elves shared the same model with the Night Elves. Garrosh has a distinctive appearance from other Orcs, Varian from other humans. Sylvanas also looked like a Night Elf before Wrath. So theoretically they could give High Elves a similar, but slightly different model purely as a little cosmetic bonus.
    Not as a bonus. It's mandatory. Races must have new models, skins, and animations IMO.

If Blizz can do that, I'm on board. But to do that they'd HAVE to retcon BElf/HElf lore at least since WC3 to have the Blood Elves radically physically changed by the loss of the Sunwell.

Which would make even less sense than their previous retcons of WC3 storylines.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully none. we dont need new races. we need class balance and new character models
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    hopefully none. we dont need new races. we need class balance and new character models
    Why not all four or a combination of the four?

I would love if there was a new class, increasing the amount of classes we have from 11 to 12 (a balanced number). It should be a mail wearing class (all armour types have 3 classes except for Mail) that Tanks (there are only 5 tanks, while there are 6 healers) that has both Melee and Ranged damage specializations also (like Shaman, but Tank instead of Healer).

Would be nice...one can only dream I guess. OCD ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulBlithe View Post
    I would love if there was a new class, increasing the amount of classes we have from 11 to 12 (a balanced number). It should be a mail wearing class (all armour types have 3 classes except for Mail) that Tanks (there are only 5 tanks, while there are 6 healers) that has both Melee and Ranged damage specializations also (like Shaman, but Tank instead of Healer).

Would be nice...one can only dream I guess. OCD ftw.
    I kind of want a class that's primary attack strategy is crowd control, with a secondary in dps. But that may just be me.

as I said in other thread, we wont see new class/race in upcoming xpack. Instead they will give us 10 more lvls of questing and new models.

Quote Originally Posted by LukePL View Post
    as I said in other thread, we wont see new class/race in upcoming xpack. Instead they will give us 10 more lvls of questing and new models.
    How do we know for sure? We could get another hero class.

I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but if we are getting High elves later on, I hope they'd look something like this:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...el-d4tniu0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I kind of want a class that's primary attack strategy is crowd control, with a secondary in dps. But that may just be me.
    Would make arenas interesting for sure. At least when you earn a high rating, you know you did good instead of playing a FOTM class and rolling there.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    That's a piss poor explanation and you know it. High Elves are exactly the same people as blood elves, the rift is political. To say they are physically different is to retcon the lore or say something like "in the 10 years since their disconnect from the Sunwell blah blah blah". I suppose they could offer no explanation either and just make the change. Varian uses a human model/skeleton with a unique high poly skin. Imo a different appearance, one that uses a unique model/skeleton is a drastic change in the lore considering they are physically indistinguishable (as current lore conventions go)/ a high elf or blood elf viewed from behind or even with their eyes closed wouldn't be distinguishable from each other atm.

Dalaran will hardly be a suitable starting area but I was purely referring to their physical appearance. They started off as night elves with a poorly skinned almost human texture over them, then they went to blue eyed blood elves in BC but for a few hold over models but more accurate to what they are which is blue-eyed blood elf. A bit redundant but Im trying to drive home the point that the physical change is a major lore change. It certainly was when Zandalari trolls showed up in 5.2 using a Night Elf skeleton.
    It's not a major lore change though. The fact is that in a real Azeroth we wouldn't have 6 faces per race/gender and each race wouldn't have a specific number of movements their body could make. They could easily give High Elves a slightly different model with different animations, with no lore changes being necessary.

I'm still holding out for Ogres for the Horde :P

Alliance, not so sure about. High Elves don't seem likely given Blood Elves are on the Horde side and are essentially identical (thanks TBC for creating that awkwardness).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I think Velen is a very good example of what I'm talking about. Comparing him to other Draenei he has a completely unique model and (I believe) skeleton. Yet clearly we're not meant to assume that he's the last of a rare subspecies of thin Draenei. We're just supposed to assume that because he's a faction leader, more attention has been paid to his canonical appearance. This concept could easily be applied to an entire race.

Don't want any more races, but I'd like to see "sub-races" to some of the existing ones. Taunka/yaungol for Tauren, High Elves for Belfs (would be alliance), Dark Iron Dwarves, uncorrupted Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Broken Draenei. I'm sure there's more...

Well, if the burning legion is coming, then it opens doors to new, exiting and unknown species!
    It would be kinda cool if we campaign on another plane, to fight the legion, we resque some kind of species, which is almost extinct, but the few we resque joins us.
    So, this opens doors for all kind of ideas.... I would like it to have a demon-like race. They could have such a hatred towards the demons, who enslaved them and killed their people, that they would specialize for demon hunting!

It could be a neutral race, since both Alliance and Horde are there and saving the enslaved races.
    If you think of it, anything is possible here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pretty sure Blizz already put the knife in that one by saying they're 25% done with them.

More likely they'll be rolled out gradually with SOME in 6.0.

Meaning we're for sure getting some NEW content.

How do you figure? 1) 25% is, as they said, not a scale of time but merely how much they are done with...
    2) the next expansion is like a year off, which is potentially lots of time, depending on how they use their model designers' time

Deleted
    I'm hoping for both, being realistic I'm betting on a new class though (probably a heroclass at that, starting at say 80. get the hang of your class in 3-4 lvls then start out in the real world in pandaria). I think the old race remodel substitutes a new race. Like the new class options replaced a new class in Cata.

Also while I think new races would be awesome there aren't many good options left imo. The only traditional warcraft races that are really missing imo are naga's and ogre's both have rather unfitting models (unhumanoid, Huge) and both would fit better in the Horde then with the alliance imo.

Looking at the current races matched on -appearance- it's also a pretty balanced lineup atm if you ask me:
    human - forsaken ('standard' human form)
    dwarf - orc (hulky human)
    gnome - goblin (little human)
    night elf - blood elf (elf obviously)
    draenei - tauren (big, muscular (the males atleast) and hoofed)
    worgen - troll (lanky and 'feral'-ish)
    pandaren - pandaren (pandaren!)

not looking at culture and all that mind you, just looks.

not sure with whom naga's or ogre's would get matched to fit this lineup.
    Also, races that got added in wow and pretty much got abandoned when the expansion that added them ran out seem like unlikely candidates tbh.
    vrykul, tuskar, tol'vir are all pretty cool but we haven't heard from them for while (likewise for naga's, ogre's and all other 'classic' races). Would need some very strong reasoning to get those in the current story imo.

Edit: 'sub' races would be a neat feature in the future, although not all current races have an obvious 'sub'

Quote Originally Posted by Waezlur View Post
    Don't want any more races, but I'd like to see "sub-races" to some of the existing ones. Taunka/yaungol for Tauren, High Elves for Belfs (would be alliance), Dark Iron Dwarves, uncorrupted Orcs, Zandalari Trolls, Broken Draenei. I'm sure there's more...
    1) Blood Elves are the sub-race of High Elves, not vice versa
    2) corrupted Orcs are the sub-race of uncorrupted Orcs, not vice versa
    3) Darkspear Trolls are the sub-race of Zandalari Trolls, not vice versa

.... maybe the "" around sub-races was supposed to excuse you from this accuracy, but. No.

The way this expansion is ending, it almost makes me feel like they are going to do something with cross-faction ramifications. The horde/alliance with their un-easy cease-fire and all. We'll see eventually though.

Deleted
    How 'bout Satyrs?

Try looking at their model without getting eye cancer! They need a revamp too, so maybe playable?