Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    1) Blood Elves are the sub-race of High Elves, not vice versa
    2) corrupted Orcs are the sub-race of uncorrupted Orcs, not vice versa
    3) Darkspear Trolls are the sub-race of Zandalari Trolls, not vice versa

.... maybe the "" around sub-races was supposed to excuse you from this accuracy, but. No.
    Hehe okay, call it "variations" instead then

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is getting derailed into another High Elves for the Alliance thread. This topic has been exhausted. Not only is it a flogging a dead horse, we've reached the stage of trying to flog the glue made from the bones which were flogged which were removed from the flogged corpse of said horse.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Next-Expansion
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...got-High-Elves
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ll-amp-comment!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-neutral-races
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-choice-award
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Elf-Race-page
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...a-neutral-race

Everything that needs to be said on this matter, one way or another. Wait for Blizzcon I say because rehashing the arguments again is getting tedious. You can read the above links to see just how much those of us who participated in the debate over the past few months ended up repeating ourselves.

I'd rather skip the new playable races/classes and get updates for existing stuff. More work on the model updates for existing races, revamp of starting quests/zones for existing races to make them fit in better with the new expansion, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Probably none, there aren't that many good options for races left, High Elves are Blood Elves with blue eyes, Ogres would be highly unpopular as they neither look "badass" or "pretty", Naga lack feet which makes many things very challenging (boot armor, leg armor?) and what character customization options would there be for ethereals? We will probably only see updated visuals for the old races and maybe the option to be different ethnicity options like Wildhammer Dwarves and Blackrock Orcs (I only think they'd do that if they are concerned the lack of a new race could be damaging).
    You are obvious troll. Ogres are fucking bad ass... look at frickin Cho'gall... He would bust your ass in infinity 1V1. Old Models are old and will be updated duh.... karichristensen.com/picture/chogall-karichristensen%20copy.jpg?pictureId=12046159&asGalleryImage=true

see how fcking bad ass Ogres are >.>
    Last edited by mmoc40295da0cf; 2013-09-27 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping NONE. I'd like to see them actually update the current models, include more customizations, and FIX the classes for said races.

Deleted
    Lol at all the people who say none... Do you really think blizzard is going to release an expansion with less content then any previous expansion lolol.
    Do you really think retired players like me and new players would be convinced to buy WoW + expansions when the new expansion doesn't have any additional content except for boring ass leveling content/ subrace crap ......no..just no.... -.- I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hambloksem View Post
    Lol at all the people who say none... Do you really think blizzard is going to release an expansion with less content then any previous expansion lolol.
    Do you really think retired players like me and new players would be convinced to buy WoW + expansions when the new expansion doesn't have any additional content except for boring ass leveling content/ subrace crap ......no..just no.... -.- I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
    This sounds like an echo of people thinking Blizzard wouldn't launch the current expansion without a big launch event.

The only way I could see them avoiding new races and a new class with new models is also adding sub-race or race variations. They already exist as part of the Horde or Alliance, they could have additional lore added and more representation in major cities etc.

Horde

Orc - Mag'har & Dragonmaw
    Tauren - Taunka
    Troll - Forest Troll

Alliance

Dwarf - Wildhammer, Dark Iron, Frost
    Night Elf - High Borne
    Draenei - Broken

And... Not necessarily in this combination but I think (my guess) would be the next races would be one of these, just for completeness of existing races within the factions minus Vrykul & Naga... (A list of possible races that contrast or compare well)

Alliance: Jinyu & Horde: Naga
    Alliance: Furbolg & Horde: Forest Hozen
    Alliance: Vrykul & Horde: Ogre

Jinyu - Already a faction apart of the Alliance, Elder Lusshan is their representative and leader within the Alliance.
    Furbolg - Stillpine Furbolg joined the Alliance.
    Hozen - Horde meet a friendly racce of Hozen and semi-induct them into the Horde, seem like a servant race.
    Ogre - Rexxar/ Tharg lead the Stonemaul clans, which are part of the Horde.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-27 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    centaurs and nerubians, obviously, duh!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The only problem I have with this idea is the fact that Tauren have an intense dislike for dwarves, mainly due to the latter digging up all sorts of the former's holy sites. How would you rectify that issue?
    Simple. Races do not think with hive minds and do not follow a straight-line of core beliefs and ideals. So what if a group of Dwarves dug up a dig site? So every dwarf in Ironforge suddenly has dirt under their nails? Too many people have the idea that the races in WoW are cut and dry copies of eachother, not every Dwarf has to be an archaeologist that loves beer, not every Tauren has to be a nature-loving spiritualist with exactly 3.4 ancestors that dislike Dwarves.

The sooner people realize that the races in WoW have as much in common with one another as humans IRL do, the sooner we can start looking at more neutral races.