Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizz increased dev team by roughly 96%. Their goal is to have exp by spring, and annual after that. So I'd plan on maybe 6 months of 5.4 (or 5.5 in there for filler lore). but, i'd also expect ptr to open shortly after blizzcon in november.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if we got an extensive demo and the beta released at Blizzcon.
    Prepare to be disappointed because beta won't start at Blizzcon. They have a close friends & family alpha stage first, which would naturally include the expansion name and the expansion theme as part of the client. They won't want the client/patch notes to get leaked before they publicly announce the expansion as it would kill off their announcement and all the hype.. so no friends & family alpha until after Blizzcon. And then they will progress to a friends & family beta.. and then they will slowly start to invite opt-ins. But all this will take months not days or weeks after Blizzcon.

Now I could be wrong and maybe Blizzard will change how they've approached every expansion since BC.. but I doubt it. They are very predictable when it comes to expansion development. They follow a well rehearsed process. Yes perhaps things may happen quicker this time around than last time, I'm open to that scenario. But no way will they go to Blizzcon and throw open a beta for an expansion they've not even announced yet.

Our blizzcon treat will be hearthstone release.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed because beta won't start at Blizzcon. They have a close friends & family alpha stage first, which would naturally include the expansion name and the expansion theme as part of the client. They won't want the client/patch notes to get leaked before they publicly announce the expansion as it would kill off their announcement and all the hype.. so no friends & family alpha until after Blizzcon. And then they will progress to a friends & family beta.. and then they will slowly start to invite opt-ins. But all this will take months not days or weeks after Blizzcon.

Now I could be wrong and maybe Blizzard will change how they've approached every expansion since BC.. but I doubt it. They are very predictable when it comes to expansion development. They follow a well rehearsed process. Yes perhaps things may happen quicker this time around than last time, I'm open to that scenario. But no way will they go to Blizzcon and throw open a beta for an expansion they've not even announced yet.

Our blizzcon treat will be hearthstone release.
    Mists did not have a F&F alpha stage that was publicized at all, or that any information was leaked from. The first news we heard, post-Blizzcon, about Mists's testing was the Beta announcement in March.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make an alt, take the time to enjoy the game instead of rushing to get to the end. I'm in a heroic raiding guild and I still get exited on tuesdays beause there is, and will always be something to do in WoW. If everything bores you, maybe it's time to get into a new game, or discover something new. My advice would be to practice getting good at an aspect (PvP , PvE) competitively they can both be very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Nuh uh. Even I, a really staunch supporter of this expansion, think 5.4 is kind of a letdown for day-to-day activities. There's very little on the Timeless Isle to do if you don't need the gear. The island had a shelf life of, maybe, a month for people who used it casually. This is pretty much 4.3 in terms of "Whelp, I logged in today. It's not one of my raid days. Should I - oh, right, there's nothing new to do now that I'm geared."

It's why I'm such a big proponent of daily quests. They made 5.0 content last. Made 5.1 content last. Made 5.2 content last. 5.3 and 5.4 are essentially a couple weeks and "why are you still doing this?"
    Same here. Love daily quests when they have a reward structure and story behind them. Too bad people complained and complained until we ended up with the Shitty Isle.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Casual PvP is in an ok state right now. Go do some battlegrounds.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    How about you start raiding and then you have content for at least 8 more months?

Yea yea you said you flex "raid" but im talking about Real raiding. Not fake "raiding".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Well, normally I would agree but I hardly grinded at all. It was all over and done in no time.

All you can do there is wait for Huolon to spawn and that's it. Is that content that lasts :S !?
    OK. What would you like to be doing instead?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Now that people mention a possible 5.5, what was the last patch in Cataclysm about again?
    I just can't seem to remember so it must've been very little.

And I think I read somewhere that from a blue post that 5.4 was at least the last big content patch?
    Last cata patch was the one implementing the new talent system and changing all the stats and stuff around for MOP. We also got scenarios added with the Battle of Theramore as the only one. There was no real lead in to MOP content that was one of the things many people were complaining about on the forums.

Blizzard needs to take everything they've learned, and combine it into every content patch from here on out.

Non-raid tier patches need to have daily hubs, rep based one time quest unlocks like Shieldwall, evolving hub scenarios like Thunder Isle, exploration/rare mob/account bound items like Timeless Isle.

The problem is that having one content type is just too limited. Having just dailies feels repetitive, just rep scenarios too predictable, and all-you-can-eat unlimited stuff is too easy consumed. They need to mix it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    OK. What would you like to be doing instead?
    I think anyone hoping for one feature that will sate them until the next xpac/patch will be disappointed. First, there's simply no way Bliz can cater to everyone, and second, even if they could, it would have to be constantly updated for the people who devour content.

10+ Year Old Account
    step up into higher tier of raiding. or do serious arenas. or better yet cancel sub for a couple months until you get the urge to play again.

Unsubscribe (im not saying this out of spite) and wait till next patch or next expansion

This question popped into my mind today after realizing that I'm done with the Timless Isle (both in rewards and in having fun).
    Do you guys think we will get some more content between now and the next expansion? Or will this be it from the next ~10 months !?

I flex Raid once a week and I love it, but outside of that I seem to be out of fun or meaningfull things to do right now.

P.s. yes, I play other games too, but I like to have a reason to log into WoW aswell
    Proving grounds, pet battles, farm tending, and mount collecting. Enjoy.

Shaohao rep will give me something to do for 2 or 3 weeks yet, but other than that and the new wings of SoO as they release in Flex/LFR I kinda do feel like I'm done with 5.4 too. But the real issue is I'm pretty much done with the expansion at this point... have all the reps done, legendary quest done, two decently geared alts plus four other 90s, and so on. Haven't done Proving Grounds yet though.

GC has made comments about the state of professions and the desire to rework them. I think that would be a good investment for the next expansion, to give players more to do especially when there's a lull ahead like now, that is: finding a way to make it worthwhile to level up professions and make leveling profs interesting. GW2 has some really good ideas here, especially the discovery system. Overall WoW profs could and should be more involved than buying 500 copper ore on the AH, auto-smelting for 5 minutes, making a bunch of useless greens, vendoring them and running to the trainer to learn more recipes and repeat the process.

Nevertheless I am satisfied with the amount of content in the game. I just did it all already.

I play WoW for a few hours a day, but not every day, so normal ammount of time and i feel like i havent really started with 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Mists did not have a F&F alpha stage that was publicized at all, or that any information was leaked from. The first news we heard, post-Blizzcon, about Mists's testing was the Beta announcement in March.
    My point still stands tho. To reach beta they first need to pass through a F&F alpha stage, and there is no way on earth they're going to let friends & family download the client PRIOR to the expansion being announced.. because there is always the risk that the client will be data mined or that the patch notes will get posted to a forum. So that alone kills off the suggestion above that we'll see beta at Blizzcon. Never going to happen.

Confession: I actually enjoyed the length of ICC and DS and I would not mind having it again with SoO, but oh well a faster expansion is welcome aswell.
    On topic: You raid flex once a week, a difficulty which doesn't even have all parts of it unlocked yet and you claim you're done with 5.4 already...Oh boy, no you're not done, in fact you're far from done.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This question popped into my mind today after realizing that I'm done with the Timless Isle (both in rewards and in having fun).
    Do you guys think we will get some more content between now and the next expansion? Or will this be it from the next ~10 months !?

I flex Raid once a week and I love it, but outside of that I seem to be out of fun or meaningfull things to do right now.

P.s. yes, I play other games too, but I like to have a reason to log into WoW aswell
    People burn themselves out too fast with patches There's always plenty to do aside from focusing on the patch. Level that one toon you always wanted to get to 90 but never did, work on professions, get into pet battling, solo old raids, become an AH entrepreneur, try pvp, become more active in your guild, try to acquire achievements or rare items....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I barely touched Timeless Isle, did the first wing of the new raiddungeon in LFR and I feel like I'm done with the content patch too. :P
    We can only ask so much of Blizzard when it comes to patches; resources are finite!

Though, perhaps Blizzard should consider hiring a small team to make much more frequent, much smaller patches which offer small amounts of new content in a piecemeal fashion. Maybe add a few new rares with some interesting gear one week, add a new set of daily quests another. Keep a small team strictly dedicated to it so it doesn't impede work on major patches and the next expansion.