Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is not the game for you. Get on for your flex raids, but otherwise do other things with your life, like exercise, and socializing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The game has, and sort of always has had a serious problem when it comes to providing serious, meaningful content for players that doesn't involve going into a raid. (This is why the game is having a real hard time keeping casuals - real casuals - occupied and subscribed, I think, now that the subscriber churn started to wind down in Cata. Most people just aren't all that interested in raiding, and the stark reality that that is really all the game is, pretty much, to a lot of people, comes as a big disappointment when you run out of things you want to do.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRum View Post
    It's not silly at all. While we got patches more frequently, raid tiers still lasted a minimum of 6 months, just as they have in previous expansions. Go to wowpedia and look up patch cycles for the previous expansions.

All MoP really did was add some content in between raid tiers to give the illusion that content was coming out faster than ever before. It really isn't.
    Well, yes it is. It's coming out in smaller chunks if that's what you mean, but it's still coming out faster.

In any case, I sincerely doubt that we'll getting a very big wait until the next expansion. I mean if we were really that far away, why would Blizzard be so short sighted as to release SoO now? Why not have another raid patch before SoO? After the shitstorm the last couple expansions there's really no way that Blizzard would decide to end MOP's story less than a year after release unless they were confident that they could get 6.0 out within a reasonable time-frame.

Deleted
    If there's nothing else that you want to do then cancel your sub until the next expansion. WoW isn't a game anymore. It's just a movie every patch.

With no new dungeons every patch has felt very lame to me. I am not even sure what the point of timeless isle is other then gearing alts, and if you can gear your alts with out even needing to play them whats the point of having them?

pvp(arenas, BGs, Rateds, 1-1's for gold, World pvp, etc), raiding(lfr, flex, normal, and heroic levels), Gearing and testing new classes, pet battles, transmog, achivements, isle of thunder, timeless isle, mount farming, rare killing, rep grinding, alt leveling, profession leveling, testing different specs, trying out other specializations, old raid/dungeon content, and probably a crap ton more i haven't thought of in the last 20 seconds of writing. If your all done, Grats! take a break, go do something else. All I know, is that I play probably 4-5 hours per night and I still haven't scratched the surface. If your feeling like your done, take a break for a while. If you don't come back, you don't come back. If you do come back, then great. The content is there... it may not be the content you want, but just because its something you don't want doesn't mean its something no one wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well, yes it is. It's coming out in smaller chunks if that's what you mean, but it's still coming out faster.

In any case, I sincerely doubt that we'll getting a very big wait until the next expansion. I mean if we were really that far away, why would Blizzard be so short sighted as to release SoO now? Why not have another raid patch before SoO? After the shitstorm the last couple expansions there's really no way that Blizzard would decide to end MOP's story less than a year after release unless they were confident that they could get 6.0 out within a reasonable time-frame.
    You aren't understanding my point. >.>

While non-tier related patches are coming out more frequently in between tiers, what I am saying is that you can still use previous expansion patches as a estimated baseline for how much more time we have left in MoP. Non-raiding content is irrelevant in this regard because tiers did, in the past, last an average of 6 months or more. With MoP, each tier has lasted at least 6 months so far as well.

Sunwell lasted 8 months until Wrath dropped.
    ICC lasted nearly 12 months (lol RS filler).
    DS lasted about 10 months until MoP dropped.

Each expansion's tiers featured at least 6 months in between raids. Each expansion's final tier went extra beyond that. Blizzard has sung the song and done the dance of "We want expansions out faster!" before...but they've always fallen flat on their face when it comes time to deliver. That being said, I am hoping we aren't in for a long stretch as some people have said in this topic. You are right - they are churning out ancillary content faster here...but when it comes to their life blood, the patches match up to what has come before.

I still hope we get our next expansion soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRum View Post
    You aren't understanding my point. >.>

While non-tier related patches are coming out more frequently in between tiers, what I am saying is that you can still use previous expansion patches as a estimated baseline for how much more time we have left in MoP. Non-raiding content is irrelevant in this regard because tiers did, in the past, last an average of 6 months or more. With MoP, each tier has lasted at least 6 months so far as well.

Sunwell lasted 8 months until Wrath dropped.
    ICC lasted nearly 12 months (lol RS filler).
    DS lasted about 10 months until MoP dropped.

Each expansion's tiers featured at least 6 months in between raids. Each expansion's final tier went extra beyond that. Blizzard has sung the song and done the dance of "We want expansions out faster!" before...but they've always fallen flat on their face when it comes time to deliver. That being said, I am hoping we aren't in for a long stretch as some people have said in this topic. You are right - they are churning out ancillary content faster here...but when it comes to their life blood, the patches match up to what has come before.

I still hope we get our next expansion soon.
    I'd say that the Sunwell is a more accurate representation of things than ICC and DS. With Icecrown they'd bitten off more than they could chew with Cataclysm so it was a huge wait. No idea what the problem with DS was but perhaps they simply wanted to make sure there was a lot of content in MOP to make up for Cata?

But in any case, I think you missed my point. If they were really at such an early stage of the next xpac's development, why end MOP after less than a year? This expansion has the fewer raid tiers than any other to date. Why cut short the 3 raid patch cycle we know they can do if we've still got year before the next expansion is ready? It doesn't make any sense.

So lets just entirely ignore PvP or joining a progression guild (assuming you have the time) or hunting down achievements? I would suppose if you call beating flex and doing the Timeless Isle content then you are technically 'done' and beat the game. However there are still MANY things you could do while playing WoW. My criticism is based on not know whether or not you have the time to dedicate to raiding normal modes or heroics or just going achievement hunting and that you also do not participate in PvP. I do not know whether or not you even like player versus player activities, i am just saying that the game has A LOT more content than just the Timeless Isle and flex or LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    There will be a 5.5 but it may or may not have as much content as 5.3.
    It would be hard to have less content than 5.3.

Yup, that's what happens when you can faceroll everything.
    After you've acquired your loots and slept through a boss fight, an expansion boss no less, you feel hollow, empty and unfullfilled.

Such is the life span of the "casual."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Timeless Isle beats grinding dailies any.. well, any day, no pun intended. I don't understand how someone could go from even a decent level raiding guild to finding dailies more enjoyable/fulfilling than actually raiding, but each to their own.

Must say though - dungeons. Dungeons dungeons dungeons. Not annoying, RP-filled dungeons in which you must wait for annoying, boring characters to "lead" you through it time after time, i.e Thrall in whatever that icy one in Cata was, but ones you can do over, and over, and over again, and never get bored. I must have done upwards of 500 random dungeons on my DK alone in WotLK, and I LOVED it.

For some reason they think Heroic Scenarios are more enjoyable..? I don't get it. Anyways off to work or I'd elaborate.

Deleted
    wish i said i was done with timeless isle, but i barely touched it beside weekly world bosses and getting 5k coins for cloak.

realm is so crowded and the lag is still all present there, so i shy away from it still.

The timeless isle is boring as hell, nobody I know bothers doing anything there besides the 2 world bosses. I would rather they just spend their time putting out 2 or 3 new dungeons each patch than creating these island experiments that basically end up being dailies/grinding random rares all day.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The timeless isle is boring as hell, nobody I know bothers doing anything there besides the 2 world bosses. I would rather they just spend their time putting out 2 or 3 new dungeons each patch than creating these island experiments that basically end up being dailies/grinding random rares all day.
    I kinda liked the Battlefield Barrens model.

You could take it as quickly or slowly as you wanted.

I don't really care for Timeless Isle, Namely because there's 0 VP to be gained over there, and aside from being awesome for getting Sha Crystals, there's not a lot going on beyond running world bosses.

Even the weekly chests don't hold anything great.

For stuff to do: Farming Xmog gear, cheevos, and gold seems to keep me occupied. Having two characters working on the cape helps too.

Deleted
    I'm already bored of SoO, extremely uninspired raid. The new isle is alot of fun though. Always something to do, farming Huolon for mounts to sell, collect rare drops, pets etc.

5.4 is miles better than horrible daily quests, but 5 mans are much superior and they don't have it.

they should just patch in invasions like rift. that'll help you out. only the bosses have to be tough though.

with this expansion it'll be easy. remnants of the sha are leaking out into the world or some such and you have to kill them.

or escaped orcs attacking capitals, twilight hammer dickheads out for terrorism or something.

yes yes, hmm i think i'll get GC on the phone and make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I kinda liked the Battlefield Barrens model.

You could take it as quickly or slowly as you wanted.

I don't really care for Timeless Isle, Namely because there's 0 VP to be gained over there, and aside from being awesome for getting Sha Crystals, there's not a lot going on beyond running world bosses.

Even the weekly chests don't hold anything great.

For stuff to do: Farming Xmog gear, cheevos, and gold seems to keep me occupied. Having two characters working on the cape helps too.
    0 VP? There's a 200 valor weekly, same as Barrens, and a 50 valor daily.

If you're not into raiding, then Blizzard's schedule will seem off.