Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else find leveling more fun than endgame?

Personally I like leveling more than grinding out gear at end game, anyone else feel the same?

I've always hated leveling, which is funny because I've had every class max level for raiding through the last couple expansions... But to me it's a necessary evil. Something I have to suffer through to get to what I enjoy. To each his own

Deleted
    If you mean endgame=raiding then yes, mostly on fun to beat it once or twice and seeing the story progress, after that its abit /care

I love challenging content like raiding, proving grounds etc. Leveling is usually super boring for me, only part that is kinda ok are dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes. I do enjoy end game with my characters but at times it can get incredibly frustrating and turn me off, at which point I turn to the awesomeness of immersing myself in a leveling character, no heirlooms, no money, on some unknown server...

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that I enjoy gearing up new toons the most.

I used to enjoy leveling most before Blizzard started breaking it apart with their "streamlining".
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I do love levelling... can't be seen on the tons of alts I have ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would like it more if Blizzard had more of a Bethesda/Skyrim approach to it. Where you could question in the order you would want and the quests auto adjusted for your level (mostly). Of course you can only have so much variance like that with a rigid storyline progression, but if they gave more freedom it would help. They also aren't nearly as immersive in the questing experience as newer RPGs/MMOs are. I know they talk down on voice over quests, but it adds a lot to the experience. It is also nice when NPCs actually recognize your progression through game and not just give basic "hello there" greetings. That isn't for everyone though, but just my personal feelings on it.

Deleted
    I do tend to enjoy levelling a fair bit (a bit of an altoholic actually) and Questing is the core of WoW. But it's sort of spoiled by the feeling that you can't really start the game until you've finished leveling so to speak, and that you can't really take things at your own pace. Either in WoW's future or in a future MMO, I'd love to see the level system scrapped in favour of a more open progression system based around story chapters.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love leveling the first time. Any character I level after that is a chore as I've already seen the storyline. I get bored easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I do tend to enjoy levelling a fair bit (a bit of an altoholic actually) and Questing is the core of WoW. But it's sort of spoiled by the feeling that you can't really start the game until you've finished leveling so to speak, and that you can't really take things at your own pace. Either in WoW's future or in a future MMO, I'd love to see the level system scrapped in favour of a more open progression system based around story chapters.
    I want to say that is the system ESO is going to be using, so we'll see how that goes over. We know Blizzard loves to incorporate ideas from new competitors, so maybe we'll see some adaptation into WOW. I don't expect Blizzard to scrap the whole leveling process as it is right now though.

No, I think leveling is the worst part of the game!

I used to, but not for a very long time now. It's nothing but a grind now. I don't care for the quests out in the world because they are now designed in such a way that they just feel like a very second rate single player RPG. Even with crossrealms, the world is dead and you almost never run into other players while questing. PvP is a mess beyond belief and is just 100% frustrating unless you are one of the handful of classes that benefit from the neglected pre-max level balance. So what's left is just mindlessly grinding through random LFD instances as quickly as possible.

The world being completely void of people is probably the real kicker since that's the aspect I enjoyed most of all while leveling in vanilla. Like that time when I took my lvl25 paladin to the Wailing Caverns pre-dungeon, waging guerilla warfare against the horde groups going through there.

i enjoy the battlegrounds as I level the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    I want to say that is the system ESO is going to be using, so we'll see how that goes over. We know Blizzard loves to incorporate ideas from new competitors, so maybe we'll see some adaptation into WOW. I don't expect Blizzard to scrap the whole leveling process as it is right now though.
    Really? No levels at all?

I don't really expect it to ever happen in wow, it would be too radical a change. Though you have to admit it would have solved certain problems like Blizzard's reluctance to revamp low level zones.

I'd rather level then do pretty much anything else. I randomly will LFR or 5 mans when I get to 90 but at this point I'm probably just going to try to get 1 of each class raised to 90 for both factions then mess around with them until the expansion.

Yes. There's more progression to be had while leveling than there is at end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, leveling is awful. I just want to play the actual game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. What's not to love? steady stream of rewards and relatively little rng in the character progression.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.