Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea because it makes sense to add 15 more mongoloids to the grp.
    Here come the Irish.

Rather see them change LFR to 1 tank, 3 heals and 21 DPS... but yeah that's not going to happen either.

40-man LFR would just be a nightmare - there's already so many ground effects/ability details/damned pets all hovering around the bosses arse, that you can't see shit all in a 15 yard range around the boss as a melee in 25-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    that leads to another question. IF your class has the ability to heal or tank, and you choose DPS, should be penalized (or should pure dps classes, mage/lock/hunter, etc) be given preference in queues?
    Only if classes that only have the ability to dps get penalized for being selfish and not rolling a class that can heal or tank. erh...

On a more serious note, definitely not. I absolutely hate playing boomkin on my druid, yet I love my druid. A lot of people roll a certain class only for a specific spec, and it wouldn't be fair to make them play something they don't want to just because they can.

Deleted
    I'd rather see LFR 10 man to be honest

No simpy due to computer performance issues... Lots of people have enough FPS issues with 25 man so imagine how many 40 man would affect. I'd imagine the majority of players wouldn't be able to run 40 player KFR over 10-15 fps on medium settings.

25 idiots or 40 idiots? does it really matter?

only the FPS the lag server handling ect ect.
    it only would make it worse for most players, cuz they cant handle the data flying around from 40 ppl.

so no

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR to 40 man?? Hell no. Then there are even more idiots together in a group.
    Blizzard better lower the size to 10 instead, so each player gets a bit more responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhekk View Post
    A good number of computers can barely handle 25s. Adding 15 more people into the mix would just get messy.
    Wtf are you playing on, a toaster ? Computers were able to handle 40 man raids 8 years ago.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Don't think we need more people AFK and slacking off during boss fights.
    Sadly I have to agree with this.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Lets fix the afk players issue before doing anything. Blizz should nerf drops to the grounds to those who are not contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Humm, did so many of you lagg during vanilla raids too :O? Or running the same setup as back then maybe :P?
    Dude, in Vanilla there wasn't a stupid and unneeded amounts of flashy lightning shit around. I'm not lagging; though I'd love to turn spell effects off to the Vanilla level, because it tires me out very fast, and even leads to sensory overload on some bosses.

Deleted
    lfr should be 10 or 15.. most of us have fps problems on 25man.

I have high end pc (i5-3570k overclocked @ 4.5 + Asus 670 Top Oc), still having low fps for such graphics.
    (around 45-60 on 25lfr - maybe 60 fps sounds nice, but it isn't good for 10y old game with outdated graphics)

Can play GW2 world pvp on ULTRA with same(45-60) fps as Wow 25man lfrs.
    Wow has serious fps issues.

As a tank the queues are already often really long. Twice yesterday I got in as DPS instead of tank, that's how bad it is. 40-man sounds fun, but I don't think they'd be able to remake all fights to fit say 4 tanks, so it would be even worse. I'd feel sorry for people who just want to tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue times for 6 healers are bad enough, fuck that.

Yes,yes,yes,yes Please give me 40 man peeps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the actual deal breaker when it comes to 40-man LFR:
    It is impossible to have pretty, detailed, reasonably sized raid frames that show 40 players, it can't be done.
    For this reason alone I am against 40-man LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps making them 30 man would be a sweet spot?

It would be 5 extra DPS spots; which would obviously reduce queue times [for DPS] without having a huge impact on system/FPS issues.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    I'd rather see LFR 10 man to be honest
    Same but then you're forgetting the key issue with queue times are tanks/healers triple the groups would make the queue times worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    while I can just barely handle 40-man raids in my current PC rig, I really don't want an up to 100% more probability of getting slackers/afkers to top up more likelihood of flame wars after a wipe. I'll stick to 25-man.

I can't imagine how many would die in Durumu or Elegon in a 40-man LFR due to the respective intermission phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    I understand there is a lot of hate for LFR, and to those people, I'd kindly ask them to stay out of the thread.

But to those who do enjoy lfr, I'd like to ask this.

Current queues are anywhere from 15 min - 45 min on average for any given wing. (for dps)

The hardest role to fill is of course healers. This means there are TONS of dps sitting and waiting. If lfr's were increased to 40 man, with very little change to mechanics, we could potentially see more dps slots fill up, lowering queue times, with roughly the same number of healers.

Thoughts?
    Over the past few days, I find that there aren't even enough dps sitting and waiting. So this is a bad idea.

I've long been a proponent that the last boss of an expansion (and ONLY that one) should be a 40 man-only encounter however.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Why should I be forced to tank or heal if I don't want to or lack the skill to do so?
    You should be encouraged (not you personally but "you" as the player base) to take up a healing/tank role. If you queue as a DPS and you're other specs cover those two needed roles the game should offer try and find a way to get you to do those roles. Not entirely sure HOW they could do it maybe something like if you go in as a tank your VP limit for the week gets increased by 250 same for a healer. Sure it might be open to abuse but then players will kick a healer whos a dps in disguise!