Deleted

Get 2 more professions

Hi guys i just starter making some money with my two professions Herbalism and Alchemy. I´ve learned how to work with TSM and i´m making gold with flasks since i´m an elixir master.

I´m satisfied with the gold i´m making but i think, with the same amount of time, i can make much more gold if i level 2 more professions on an alt. What do you guys think those professions should be?

Thanks a lot

Level your alt as herb/mining and make your main JC and Alchemy would be my suggestion.

But all of them have virtues and can make gold. At the very least keep you from paying a premium for others to do the stuff you need.

Deleted
    i was thinking to level alchemy again and choose the transmog spec. What do you think?

Enchanting and tailoring? They pair up nicely and the leg chants go for a load

Do script and xmute alch imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    i was thinking to level alchemy again and choose the transmog spec. What do you think?
    Transmute is limited in scope, I feel. You can transmute Living steel (which is an okay seller, but you can't mass produce effectively), Trillium Bars (which is again okay, but not earthshattering. You'll likely make gold off of the extra bars you get, which is peanuts, but steady income) and Rare gems (which is highly dependent on Golden Lotus prices, and will most likely not be profitable.).

You can make steady gold with Transmute, but it's more limited then elixir. The value in Transmute spec, in my opinion, is mostly if you use it to fuel other professions you have, like BS belt buckles or Engineering mounts/pets of 5.4.

If I had to level professions from scratch today, I'd go: Herb/Alch -> Mine/JC -> Tailor/Enchant -> Inscription/Alch.

Alchemy will help you set up and get gold easily and cheaply. You can level that combo and earn gold while doing it, and then even more when you are done, to have some starting gold to work with. Then Mining and JC, cause when starting out it pays to have access to your own gathering and JC because it is always good gold, regardless of the when and where. Enchanting next, cause that's also a steady always good gold market, and pair it with Tailoring cause those 2 level together so well. Then lastly Inscription, because you the amount of gold you can make with that when a bunch of new glyphs get released or when a new expansion starts and there are new Darkmoon trinkets to be had is AMAZING.

You can switch that Alchemy I paired with Inscription for anything really, although I'd keep Skinning/Leatherwroking together, and not pair them up with anything else. So if your main is a Plate wearer you can pair Inscription with BS instead and get nice plate gear to craft that's useful.

Deleted
    So Mine/JC. That sounds interesting, i love gathering professions. And they are so easy to level . I don't know JC very well, will i be able to gather all the necessary mats for JC via mining and herbalism? or i will have to buy some of them?

Thanks a lot for all the help.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should definitely have one toon dedicated to gathering; preferably a 90 which is of a class that has abilities making gathering easier (namely, Druids with flight form though Mages can be good too due to their teleport ability which enables you to get to most corners of Azeroth very quickly thus allowing you to get to wherever the priced ore, skin or herb you want is -- this is less compelling since MoP though given the Shrine's Portal room... so yeah, get a druid and max it out on herbalism and mining or skinning.)

Mining can make a ton of money without pairing it with blacksmithing; the mats sell really well. Skinning gets a bad rap; yes, it's mats are cheaper than mining (though far more expensive than herbs on my server) but it's the quickest profession for collecting mats - at 90 you can mow down skinnable mobs and have a stack of 20 of whatever leather in minutes).

If your primarily focused on gold and are only doing two toons, perhaps you should take all three gathering profs with alchemy. Enchantment, inscription and jewelcrafting have all been undermined in profitability due to the oversimplification of profession leveling recently in the first and lasts' case and because of the reduction in total glyph spots for inscription. LW, BS and Tailoring are all expensive to level and slow to profit from - you gotta know the market and you'll find the profs more profitable (and time consuming) at certain times with long periods of being largely useless for making much money.