Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heirlooms - Coining on Garrosh

Did a quick scan of forums and didn't see this topic.

Anyone have confirmation whether or not you can coin the Heirlooms off Garrosh?

See, I want 3 items off him, actual items, not these silly heirlooms. So if I use a coin and get an heirloom I'll be pretty annoyed-- all my alts are on different servers so they're useless to me.

Has anyone coined an heirloom?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can. We had two players coining an item each last week.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh that's awful.

I don't want that to happen. Or if it does, why can't we send heirlooms to other realms yet. Damnit the hell.

the heirlooms are many peoples best in slot, they wouldn't be an upgrade for you?

i thought the Heirlooms only Droped on heroic mode Garrosh anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    the heirlooms are many peoples best in slot, they wouldn't be an upgrade for you?
    They're not actually.

They might seem really good, but they cannot be warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    i thought the Heirlooms only Droped on heroic mode Garrosh anyway?
    Nope, flex, normal and heroic all drop heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Did a quick scan of forums and didn't see this topic.

Anyone have confirmation whether or not you can coin the Heirlooms off Garrosh?

See, I want 3 items off him, actual items, not these silly heirlooms. So if I use a coin and get an heirloom I'll be pretty annoyed-- all my alts are on different servers so they're useless to me.

Has anyone coined an heirloom?
    Heirlooms actually scale to your level now. I saw a screenshot of an heirloom that was like 567 ilevel. So it's not actually that bad.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    They're not actually.

That's assuming they're lucky enough to have a warforged weapon drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    They're not actually.

they're 2 itemlevels higher than warforged items. the problem is that they cannot be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Heirlooms actually scale to your level now. I saw a screenshot of an heirloom that was like 567 ilevel. So it's not actually that bad.
    Hate to break it to you, but:
    A) As long as you're 90 they don't scale at all.
    B) It's not possible to have a 567 heirloom weapon.

TL;DR: They're equal to a non-warforged weapon except for they are already "upgraded" when they drop.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-09-25 at 08:29 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Also for the OP, a quick stalker search showed me that while you don't need the main hand, there are also heirloom offhands (Hellscream's Tome of Destruction)

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but:
    A) As long as you're 90 they don't scale at all.
    B) It's not possible to have a 567 heirloom weapon.

TL;DR: They're equal to a non-warforged weapon except for they are already "upgraded" when they drop.
    So...what's this then?

So...what's this then?

It looks like an axe. (Sorry, but I had to. It makes me laugh.)

I believe the OP was asking about the heirlooms that his main cannot use, not the heirlooms that his main can use. I.e: if I get the heirloom rogue dagger from coin on my Priest (and clear all my bonus roll bonus), I'd be pissed off.

The thing about these heirlooms is that it isn't a 100% drop chance, I thought it was for some reason and was really pissed when after killing Garrosh only two members got the damn boa and I didn't :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bookofblade View Post
    They are not best in slot for a lot of classes. They cannot be upgraded and cannot be warforged, although they start at a higher ilvl, a H WF 2/2 weapon will be a good few more ilvls.

So...what's this then?
    That's a heroic boa weapon. It's the same ilvl as a double upgraded heroic non-warforged weapon drop. It also does not scale.

Double upgraded heroic warforged is 6 ilvls higher. On the other hand, it's highly doubtful many people will be running around with a heroic warforged weapon.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    That's a heroic boa weapon. It's the same ilvl as a double upgraded heroic non-warforged weapon drop. It also does not scale.

Double upgraded heroic warforged is 6 ilvls higher. On the other hand, it's highly doubtful many people will be running around with a heroic warforged weapon.
    Yet the pic states the heirloom is 0/2 upgraded. With 2 upgrades, it would be 2 ilvls higher than a heroic-warforged-upgraded weapon.

Bashiok seems to have confirmed they are upgradeable and probably BIS for most classes: https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/377126486714482688
    Last edited by Terrapax; 2013-09-25 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post

So it's a BoA weapon that's not a heirloom? I wasn't aware such things dropped off Garrosh. Additionally you say it doesn't scale yet at the bottom it says level 90-100 (90) which leads me to believe it does scale.

So there are BoA weapons, heirloom weapons and regular weapons on Garrosh? Seems a bit silly really.