Holy Paladin PvE 5.4 Gear-Enchants-Gems-Reforges

Hello guys my name is Thelf and this is my 5.4 Holy Paladin BiS Gear, Gems, Enchants, and Reforges for 5.4, please if a link is broken, I linked a wrong item, or you think something is wrong, don't be afraid to speak up, thank you!

Please keep in mind that this setup is not best for every single fight, fights' like Thok the Bloodthirsty may differ, and this is Biased work based on personal preference.

----------------------------------------------- Gear -----------------------------------------------

Gear

1. Head - Headguard of Winged Triumph tier token, drops from Thok the Bloodthirsty.

2. Neck - Lost Necklace of the Mogu Empress, drops from Spoils of Pandaria.

3. Shoulders - Mantle of Winged Triumph, tier token, drops from Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

4. Back - Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji, acquired from completing the Legendary quest-line.

5. Chest - Chestplate of Fallen Passion, drops from Garrosh Hellscream.

6. Wrist - Smoldering Drakescale Bracers, drops from Galakras.

7. Hands - Gloves of Winged Triumph, tier token, drops from General Nazgrim.

8. Waist - Greatbelt of Living Waters, drops from Immerseus.

9. Legs - Greaves of Winged Triumph, tier token, drops from Paragons of the Klaxxi.

10. Feet - Waterwalker Greatboots, drops from Immerseus.

11. Finger #1 - Seal of Eternal Sorrow, drops from Immerseus.

12. Finger #2 - Signet of the Dinomancers, drops from Thok the Bloodthirsty.

13. Trinket #1 - Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity, drops from Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

14. Trinket #2 - Prismatic Prison of Pride, drops from Sha of Pride.

15. Trinket #3 - Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth, drops from Thok the Bloodthirsty. This trinket is only for AoE heavy fights.

16. One-Hand - Kardris' Scepter, drops from Kor'kron Dark Shamans.

17. Off Hand - Norushen's Enigmatic Barrier, drops from Norushen.

----------------------------------------------- Gems -----------------------------------------------

Gems

Meta Socket: Courageous Primal Diamond (+324 Intellect and chance on beneficial spell to make your spells cost no mana for 4 sec.

Prismatic Sockets: Brilliant Primordial Ruby (+160 Intellect). If you are a Jewelcrafter socket 2x Brilliant Serpent's Eye.

Red Sockets: Purified Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Purified Roguestone (+80 Intellect and +160 Spirit)

Yellow Sockets/Blue: Zen Wild Jade or Perfect Zen Alexandrite (+160 Spirit and +160 Mastery)

----------------------------------------------- Enchants -----------------------------------------------

Enchants

1. Shoulders - Greater Crane Wing Inscription or Secret Crane Wing Inscription if you are an Inscriptionist.

2. Back - Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect or Darkglow Embroidery if you are a Tailor.

3. Chest - Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats.

4. Wrist - Enchant Bracer - Super Intellect or Fur Lining - Intellect if you are a Leatherworker.

5. Hands - Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery and Synapse Springs if you are an Engineer.

6. Waist - Living Steel Belt Buckle and Nitro Boosts if you are an Engineer.

7. Legs - Greater Pearlescent Spellthread or Sanctified Spellthread if you are a Tailor.

8. Feet - Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step.

9. Ring #1/#2 - Enchant Ring - Greater Intellect if are you an Enchanter.

10. One-Hand - Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit.

11. Off Hand - Enchant Off-hand - Major Intellect.

----------------------------------------------- Reforges -----------------------------------------------

Reforges

We want to reach Haste breakpoint, it is 3506 - 7170 - 10867.

If you do not have BiS gear, follow these reforges:

1. If gear has Spirit + Mastery, do not reforge.

2. If gear has Spirit + Haste, reforge Haste to Mastery.

3. If gear has Spirit + Crit, reforge Crit to Mastery.

4. If gear has Haste + Mastery, reforge Haste to Spirit.

5. If gear has Crit + Mastery, reforge Crit to Spirit.

If you have BiS gear, use the guide below.

Go to this link: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/5...9-91054073377e

I hope you liked it, once again if your thoughts differ from this, don't be afraid to speak up, thanks!
    Last edited by Squirtlelol; 2013-09-25 at 09:42 PM.

Couple of things.

First, Engineers can do both and enchant and Synapse Springs.

Second, ith this setup, you are ignoring haste breakpoints? What level 45 talent does this BiS list fit into, in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdell View Post
    Couple of things.

First, Engineers can do both and enchant and Synapse Springs.

Second, ith this setup, you are ignoring haste breakpoints? What level 45 talent does this BiS list fit into, in your opinion?

Fixed the Engineering one, the Haste breakpoint one I'm still working on, reforges should be changed soon.

Why gem spirit? Don't need anymore than 14-15k running at 9/14H cutting edge progression gemming straight intellect after BP's

Quote Originally Posted by Istyle View Post
    Why gem spirit? Don't need anymore than 14-15k running at 9/14H cutting edge progression gemming straight intellect after BP's
    Woops forgot to delete that, should be Int in prismatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlelol View Post
    Gems

Meta Socket: Courageous Primal Diamond (+324 Intellect and chance on beneficial spell to make your spells cost no mana for 4 sec.

Prismatic Sockets: Brilliant Primordial Ruby (+160 Intellect). If you are a Jewelcrafter socket 2x Brilliant Serpent's Eye.

Red Sockets: Purified Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Purified Roguestone (+80 Intellect and +160 Spirit)

Yellow Sockets/Blue: Zen Wild Jade or Perfect Zen Alexandrite (+160 Spirit and +160 Mastery)
    I'm confused. Your stat priority does not match your gem choices.

If you think gemming for Int is best, why not in red sockets? Similarly, why would you use Zen in yellow and blue sockets instead of Purified or Artful?

And if you don't think you should gem for int then why not use fractured or sparkling in prismatic sockets?

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    I'm confused. Your stat priority does not match your gem choices.

If you think gemming for Int is best, why not in red sockets? Similarly, why would you use Zen in yellow and blue sockets instead of Purified or Artful?

And if you don't think you should gem for int then why not use fractured or sparkling in prismatic sockets?
    You don't want to gem spirit, 16.3K spirit unbuffed is around what you want to aim for, with the throughput you get, considering your other healers are good, hopefully they are otherwise you wouldn't be able to get this gear, then you'd never go oom and your healing throughput will be insane. Any spirit lower than 16.3k I noticed that you tend to go oom a lot quicker.

Keep in mind these gems and reforges do not apply for every piece of gear, it only applies for when you have FULL BiS gear.

replace Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity with http://www.wowhead.com/item=102293 and the list is looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlelol View Post
    You don't want to gem spirit, 16.3K spirit unbuffed is around what you want to aim for, with the throughput you get, considering your other healers are good, hopefully they are otherwise you wouldn't be able to get this gear, then you'd never go oom and your healing throughput will be insane. Any spirit lower than 16.3k I noticed that you tend to go oom a lot quicker.

Keep in mind these gems and reforges do not apply for every piece of gear, it only applies for when you have FULL BiS gear.
    You missed my point. Your gems are inconsistent. I said if you want to gem int then prioritse int in all slots, not just prismatic. The alternative would not be to gem spirit unless you are a tier behind in gear, the alternative would be to gem mastery (or even haste), in which case you would use fractured (or quick) in prismatic.

Also any ideal spirit threshold you give on forums is pretty redundant as it depends on trinkets, raid size, composition, and fight.
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2013-09-26 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    replace Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity with http://www.wowhead.com/item=102293 and the list is looking good
    That's the dps amp trinket, not the healer amp trinket, which is absolutely terrible and you lose out 1.6-1.8k int per second on average on equip. Very, very bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Also any ideal spirit threshold you give on forums is pretty redundant as it depends on trinkets, raid size, composition, and fight.
    Healing style is actually the biggest culprit in deciding the "ideal spirit threshold". Trinkets, raid size, composition and fight are all minor factors in face of spell rotation and downtime for mana management.

If you cast more, you will need more spirit, and if you cast less as your playstyle, you will need less spirit.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2013-09-26 at 09:13 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future