Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Radiance Bug

Posted on the battle.net forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10071587098#1

Anyone else see anything similar to this? I looked through multiple logs and saw the same things happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

Deleted
    Indeed this is very important.

Looking through my own logs, if HR is cast on myself (which probably 95% of the time or more, it is), it hit myself + 5 targets, with no issues. So, any issue seems would stem from casting HR on anyone other than yourself.

Looking through my logs I found something rather annoying on Malkorok. When I cast holy radiance on a melee if all the melee were full hp (and I know bubbles were not 100% all the time), it would just heal 6 random pets counting as all overhealing. This caused my holy radiance overhealing to be 65% for the fight, compared to a 24% total overhealing. So on this fight the new Holy Radiance becomes a very stupid smart heal.

As for the original post I quickly scanned my log for Thok and found most Holy Radiance casts looked like this:

[18:57:14.511] Ascendéd casts Holy Radiance on Ascendéd
    [18:57:14.621] Ascendéd Holy Radiance Yazia +31137 (O: 0)
    [18:57:14.621] Ascendéd Holy Radiance Kimora +30733 (O: 0)
    [18:57:14.621] Ascendéd Holy Radiance Om +30450 (O: 0)
    [18:57:14.621] Ascendéd Holy Radiance Nyankoi +30649 (O: 0)
    [18:57:14.621] Ascendéd Holy Radiance Draìntraìn +*67827* (O: 0)
    [18:57:14.621] Ascendéd Holy Radiance Cerberús +*60984* (O: 0)

So I would cast HR on myself, and it would 6 hit other people (i'm guessing lower health than myself) all for the halved normal healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did notice it doesn't always hit my target. I'll have to look more closely at who it is hitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ly+Radiance%22

This is my log from my Sha of Pride heroic kill last week. As you can see I am also experiencing the same bug that was brought up by the OP. I wonder if blizz is aware of this and if we can maybe alert them. Think about how much of an effect this is having on us, losing out of 1 person per cast. Cast 100 times, thats 100 missed heals? wtf? Comb through and check it out.

Posted from my old account, oops! I'm OP of both threads.

Thanks to the guys over at Vigil for posting more information on the official thread.
    B.net is down atm, so can't reply over there.

It looks like it's happening somewhat randomly, and the healing on the targetted member happens very rarely, if ever.

So, it's only healing 5 people if the pally isn't in it's range. If the pally is in range, it heals them for a total of 6. It seems to always heal 5 targets, but doesn't heal the primary target.

The tooltip is completely unchanged and the patch note text said it's now "...a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range..." Bliz should really clarify how it should work. The big initial heal on the primary heal doesn't exist any more either. Does any one know if that was an intended removal or if it might just be a result of the spell not healing the primary target?
    Retired hardcore raider, but still a tryhard.

When I use Holy Radiance, it still heals the initial target for 100%, but the AOE is only healing 5 in range (even if there's more), it's not healing 6 targets. I thought it was supposed to hit 6 after the initial heal, no?

By them not fixing the tool bar that makes it still very confusing as to how it needs to work. I also didn't like how they nerfed its ability to heal all targets in range (due to performance/lag issues). Our daybreak is our only heal that can actually heal all targets in raid if stacked. Light's Hammer only heals 6 now as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlust View Post
    When I use Holy Radiance, it still heals the initial target for 100%, but the AOE is only healing 5 in range (even if there's more), it's not healing 6 targets. I thought it was supposed to hit 6 after the initial heal, no?

By them not fixing the tool bar that makes it still very confusing as to how it needs to work. I also didn't like how they nerfed its ability to heal all targets in range (due to performance/lag issues). Our daybreak is our only heal that can actually heal all targets in raid if stacked. Light's Hammer only heals 6 now as well.
    No HR is only supposed to hit 6 total.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-09-26 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    Getting the same results...most of the time it healed 5 people...if i was in range, it healed me, too...

Deleted
    This is very frustrating, because HR ranges from 10-20% of our healing done per fight. This bug/'feature' is crippling it to 5/6ths of what it should be. I'm seeing the bug consistently too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who can please make sure to keep bumping the bnet thread. Might want to possibly make one on EU if there isn't one already.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghostcrawler response

"It was difficult to figure out why this was happening, but we finally did, so it should be fixed soon."

Yay!

"We have some concern that paladins don't need an AE heal buff, so we'll monitor the results, but no nerfs for now."

What?? Seriously?!!

Thanks for finding this bug and getting Blizzard to fix it so fast! Let's hope it will be fixed completely (always hitting 6 targets AND always healing the initial target for 100%)

But the issue in the Malkorok fight that was also mentioned in this thread is most likely a seperate one. Hopefully we can get that one fixed too.

In addition to this bug, Holy Radiance does not grant three holy power with Holy Avenger active.

US Realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    In addition to this bug, Holy Radiance does not grant three holy power with Holy Avenger active.

US Realms.
    Seriously? Wow raiding tonight is going to be fun if they don't hotfix it. Please tell me someone made a post on the b.net forums if this is the case. That needs to be hotfixed asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Seriously? Wow raiding tonight is going to be fun if they don't hotfix it. Please tell me someone made a post on the b.net forums if this is the case. That needs to be hotfixed asap.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10137433761

Please post here if you're on NA Realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed. Holy Radiance is healing 6 targets now but no longer works with Holy Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Confirmed. Holy Radiance is healing 6 targets now but no longer works with Holy Avenger.
    Apparently it's a bug, hotfix is coming.