Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I begin my WoW addiction again?

Okay, so a little history first. I've played WoW since I was a teenager, I was immediately addicted to it, but it was my escape from reality. I played up to 20 hour a day and even some up to 72 hour binges with no sleep just WoW. I was forced to quit WoW because I made a few friends that weren't savvy to it, but with those friends I traded WoW for weed pretty much. Now I'm a very emotionally unstable person(I don't outburst it's all inside of me) so weed didn't effect me in the best of ways. Recently I finally got a job and have quit smoking weed in an attempt to level myself out. So now I'm thinking about WoW non-stop again and I can't help but think it would be a good waste of time considering it's a lot cheaper than weed. So, with that said, should I go back to WoW? I would only be able to play 5 hours a day, so no more binges for me.

What is WoW like now?(I haven't been around since wotlk)
    Do you think WoW is what I need to distract myself from my emotional instability?
    Could I make this in any way positive for myself?

short answer: no

long answer: get some counseling

Deleted
    What you need is some self-control.

My advice, join the army or something similiar and learn to grow some balls so you can say no to yourself when you need to....

Deleted
    Do something more constructive with your life; playing a game isn't one of them.

Deleted
    Gaming is about letting loose some steam. To me, it sounds like you're prone to addiction. Be it gaming, weed and other stuff.

I'd suggest you sort your emotional turmoil out first before getting back to WoW, otherwise you'll have a big chance it'll drag you down the way it did before.

Don't let one aspect of your life control the rest of it. Gaming should be about relaxing, not a world to hide yourself in.
    Last edited by mmoc21802c00b9; 2013-09-25 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My take? You just made all that up to start a controversial thread. You play wow and have another account here you post on but made this one to avoid getting banned.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Join the military, you need some structure. It's just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousIvy View Post
    I would only be able to play 5 hours a day, so no more binges for me.
    You sound like you may have an addictive personality though, so if that's true then that, as quoted, could be more easily said than done. Intentions are good, but sometimes they are killed by temptations and a game like that is of course very easy to say "just one more hour" and eventually end up a lot more hours.

If you're the sort that needs something to be addicted to, then maybe consider new hobbies that are a bit more productive.

my recommendation would be to resubscribe and start the 16+ GB download immediately. in the interim, call your dealer and buy a quarter ounce of some top notch hydro. next stop is the smoke shop for a nice hand-blown bubbler. on the way home grab a few 24 packs of beer (and a couple handles of vodka), as well as a party pack of taco bell burritos and soft tacos. at this point your WoW should be almost up to date. pack some of that bud in the pipe---blaze it up real good. when you're good and stoned, call your boss and tell him/her you quit and play WoW till the world ends. FEELS GOOD MAN.

edit:

in all seriousness, it sounds like you're an addict. real advice would be to get involved in a 12-step recovery group. find a sponsor, get to at least the 4th or 5th step, and ask him at that point.
    Last edited by rickastlee; 2013-09-26 at 05:36 AM.

Yes, you should.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why should he join the military just because he lacks some self-discipline? Oh geez.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW > Weed. Brain exercise beats brain damage.
    Yes. Go back to WoW. 5.4 is the best patch since 1.0.
    PM me weird stuff :3

If you arent subbed.. you can just do the 7 day free thing for returning players. I'm sure someone can provide you a link somewhere.

you wont get addicted to it... its not the same game it was years ago. I used to play a lot but nowadays I hardly logon

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get married and she will absorb any free time (money, life, soul) you will ever have.
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Your title gives you your answer.

Should you start an addiction again? Really? That's even a question?
    The answer would be NO .. a resounding one at that.

What you should do, should you feel so inclined, is root out the issues that lay buried at the heart of it all. The things you do not want to face that make you turn to your addictions. Professional help would be my advice.

In the end you will be better off and be able to play things like WoW without it being your addiction.

But meh, that's just my two cents.

WoW >>>>>>>> Weed

And since u wont be able to play more than 5 hours a day, which will be much less like 3 hours, due to the fact that u need to spend some time to prepare for ur job and all.

So, if spending 3 hours on wow can keep u happy and away from harm, by all means go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    My take? You just made all that up to start a controversial thread. You play wow and have another account here you post on but made this one to avoid getting banned.
    Tore the words from my mouth.

If you're being serious about this thread, you need to see a therapist about addiction problems.
    Otherwise: Keep in mind, there are people in the world with real problems like this. You've probably got it better than them... Making a joke thread is pretty disrespectful.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuneree View Post
    Tore the words from my mouth.

If you're being serious about this thread, you need to see a therapist about addiction problems.
    Otherwise: Keep in mind, there are people in the world with real problems like this. You've probably got it better than them... Making a joke thread is pretty disrespectful.
    I haven't seen a punchline yet. If this is a joke thread it's a bad one. But even if the situation is not real it can still serve as a lesson to people that actually have this problem. Advice should stay the same: Deal with the issues, not the symptoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should return, U need to experience one of best expansions yet =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?