Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    it was like that in beta i figured they woulda fixed that
    i am pretty sure they have either released or are going to release a client patch very soon to fix that issue.

server side on sunday patch 5 and 6 were released and today patch 7, they pretty much are on the roll on fixing the issues.

Deleted
    R7 went out today too, seems they fixed most of the server crashes but client crashes still exist. Theres a post on the forums saying a client pc patch is coming but there is no ETA.

*Edit* http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...7944685108/%5D patch notes.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-11-06 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Seems I won't be getting BF4...was hoping they would step away from CoD style gaming bu from what I read it has become worse.

I'l have to put all my faith in Battlefield Bad Company 3.
    I don't consider it COD like at all if it was my K/D would be 3.5+ like it has been in every CoD. The game is excellent minus the glitches and hiccups but those should be fixed soon.

Can anyone tell me if the singleplayer in this game is atleast better than from BF3?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the singleplayer in this game is atleast better than from BF3?
    The BF4 campaign is just as bad. The only thing that has changed is you can drive vehicles in some segments(there is zero jet or helicopter flying, just some ground vehicles). That's it. It's still a highly linear, boring tech demo.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The BF4 campaign is just as bad. The only thing that has changed is you can drive vehicles in some segments(there is zero jet or helicopter flying, just some ground vehicles). That's it. It's still a highly linear, boring tech demo.
    I don't think either one was bad by any means, but it is of course extremely linear and not very hard, even on hard, and it's of course pretty short, each individual mission takes some time, but there are only seven of them. A lot of it simply seems like means to display how awesome the new engine is so there is a lot of gimmicky stuff. I'm only half way through it as I mostly play the MP but it seems like it's actually shorter than BF3. But as it stands where I am right now, I would say BF3 campaign was better...but if you're not going to buy this game for the MP then wait a couple years and buy it for five bucks for the campaign. Unfortunately there aren't many awesome FPS campagins any more, the last really really good one I can recall was Modern Warfare 1, the masses want MP so that's what they market the games for, they should almost not even bother with the campaign and use those resources to improve the MP.

Anyways, it seems like the servers are much more stable now. I didn't have any server crashes in the three-ish hours I played last night, the only crash I had was due to DX11. A big improvement from not even being able to play for five minutes straight or sometimes even get into a game a week ago, I didn't even play for three days because it was too frustrating.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-11-06 at 08:47 PM.

Server update rolled out today: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...4-patch-notes/

But now there's threads on the forums saying the server crashing has stopped, but the game crashes even more.

Bippity Boppity Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Gengar View Post
    There is a bug with the QBB that when attached with a silencer, it will mute the entire server.
    lolwut

10char

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me, how BF4 runs on GTX 670 Sli?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Can anyone tell me, how BF4 runs on GTX 670 Sli?
    1080p, all ultra, 4xmsaa, 60fps+.

Ugh, I keep getting kicked for "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'VTMTK_NoRest' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe". I have reinstalled PunkBuster twice now, no dice.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/ea-pus...ality-control/

Is Battlefield 4 really just SimCity 2 in disguise?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

EA fucking up is not news. It's company tradition starting from late 90s.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Interesting, I haven't crashed once today, versus crashing at least 3-4 times an hour since it was released. o.O

At this point I just want BC2 with overhauled graphics and 64 players. Then I'd be 100% happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why DICE has been insisting on adding a stale, cliche-ridden single player game to BF. My god it's so awful. Thankfully it came attached to the best MP in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Ugh, I keep getting kicked for "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'VTMTK_NoRest' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe". I have reinstalled PunkBuster twice now, no dice.
    update your PB manually.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So...

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/ea-pus...ality-control/

Is Battlefield 4 really just SimCity 2 in disguise?
    i have never seen DICE fix their game this fast, 7 patches within first week and a client patch is incoming.

this is like any MMO being released and then fixed after release, only that DICE is actually doing it so fast.

Edit: i like how i can use battlelog to play both BF3 and BF4, switching is fast and nice.
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2013-11-07 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im sorry but from all the videos infantry combat still looks just as horrible as it has since bf2. It doesnt flow right, looks forced and way to scripted, there doesnt seem to be much fluid movement when shooting or interacting in infantry mode, the recoil is one of the worst parts about its, looks way to scripted. Ill still be buying it for the vehicle combat but just wish they would fix infantry.
    Maybe it's too realistic for you? A lot of CoD players also don't like BF for it's realism.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like some parts of this game, but the vehicle combat is complete bullshit. Almost every map is filled with douchebags running around in tanks or choppers destroying everyone, and it takes at least 4 or 5 hits with the rocket launcher to kill a tank, and it's impossible to hit a chopper. They really need to drop the vehicles in thi sgame.

I still can't even play the campaign (and most certainly not MP) due to crashes caused by DirectX errors...